Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid:

Not learning a damn thing from the Zac Williams situation at Carlton. The arrogance to think you can take a half back flanker and turn him into a midfielder in one preseason. Dawson was terrible in that first half but excellent when moved back. They say Matty Nicks is good at strategy but I don't believe it. At least he had the sense to see his mistake.

******* Putrid:

Crows selection policy. fu** Matty Nicks for selecting Milera & Himmelberg. One is horribly underdone and rusty and will need a few months in the SANFL, the other is a spud who doesn't deserve to wear the guernsey. Our coaches should know better than this.
Lets be honest even before Jnrs injuries we were waiting for a break out year

He just doesn't use his weapons, we have always .seen some flashed but nothing you bank on week in, week out

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nasiah will be a good wingmen but not a match winner . Also a bit one dimensional

Rachele will be our Robbie Gray but more athleticism
It's all subjective.
I see nasiah as the next Shaune Burgoyne and I really like Johnson as a Sloane replacement.

Rachele was always gonna be high quality so can't go wrong with him.

Dawson in the centre square was bizarre. He played heaps of wing at Sydney, he should have started there. We'll get better value for him there than in defense
I disagree. When we moved Dawson back, we could actually move the ball out of defense quickly. It was a big part of why that third quarter played out the way it did. Jones appears the have regressed back into his former shit self too. Would have him taking the kick ins but only if he can hold his own as a defender and if that game is anything to go by, he'll be back in the SANFL soon.

Stupid:

Not learning a damn thing from the Zac Williams situation at Carlton. The arrogance to think you can take a half back flanker and turn him into a midfielder in one preseason. Dawson was terrible in that first half but excellent when moved back. They say Matty Nicks is good at strategy but I don't believe it. At least he had the sense to see his mistake.

******* Putrid:

Crows selection policy. fu** Matty Nicks for selecting Milera & Himmelberg. One is horribly underdone and rusty and will need a few months in the SANFL, the other is a spud who doesn't deserve to wear the guernsey. Our coaches should know better than this.
Wasn't Dawson injured all pre-season as well? Thought it was an odd decision to play him in the midfield when he's had absolutely no practice in the midfield. With Seedsman out, him and Milera should've played wing. Thank goodness he was moved to the back after half time to salvage his debut game.

Aside from the obvious issues we get scored against way to easy coast to coast still. Any team that has a semblance of foot speed or skill can cut us open quite easily.

Don't particularly rate guys like Bailey Banfield, but they start to become really dangerous when they can just run off their man easily and become an open target for teammates to kick to.

Wasn't Dawson injured all pre-season as well? Thought it was an odd decision to play him in the midfield when he's had absolutely no practice in the midfield. With Seedsman out, him and Milera should've played wing. Thank goodness he was moved to the back after half time to salvage his debut game.
Agree. He's not a centre square mid and we can't play him on a wing if he's underdone.

I don't get those who were criticising Keays during the Gameday thread - saying we'll never be good while he is in our midfield. Cripes. He worked his arse off, had 5 tackles to go with his 37 dispoals, with 12 score involvements.

Give me that every week.

He and Crouch worked really well together. We just need another mid to step up (esp one with speed, so not Sloane)

Last edited:
Sloane is only good for a few big contests a game where be bashes in and actually wins the ball.

His time as a prime midfielder is clearly over, he needs to move the half forward or half back like other Crows champions did to continue to add value. Otherwise, on form as a mid he should be dropped.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish we could have just one senior midfielder play well past 30. Sloane, Thommo, Douglas in the last few years have all been dead set cooked at 30.

Where's our Boak, Mundy, Pendlebury?
Probably because we never rotate enough guys through there so their bodies just break down under the work load through their prime.

He did start there on the wing , then he went into 2 centre square bounces then half forward then finally half back

He can play centre square but it’s his first game for new club and he hasn’t trained much in a month let alone had a practice match

He should go back in there again when he finds his feet

There’s no evidence to suggest he can play as a stoppage mid. It’s fair to give it a crack, but there’s no reason yet to think it’ll work.

Say what you want about the first half, When your 3 goals up at home with 10 minutes to go it's a complete Choke and simply not good enough.
It's going to be a loooong year...and I'm guessing another spoon... How does a first gamer kick most our score???....That E Berg is a complete waste of time....delist him now.

I don't get those who were criticising Keays during the Gameday thread - saying we'll never be good while he is in our midfield. Cripes. He worked his arse off, had 5 tackles to go with his 37 dispoals, with 12 score involvements.

Give me that every week.

He and Crouch worked really well together. We just need another mid to step up (esp one with speed, so not Sloane)
Imagine having Laird/Crouch/Sloane. The lack of speed. Keays has a lot of grunt/speed comapred to these guys. If Keays had great disposal, he'd be elite. It's the only thing holding him back.

I liked how the midfield improved - Sholl very good after coming on.

I think the forward mix isn't right, but I'm not sure which to cut. We play a style that assumes two tall forwards to bring it to ground.

Some terrible goal kicking from both sides, but we probably had four or five chances to ice it
That forward mix ain’t winning a premiership . Time to put Worrell at full forward next to Gollant and Thilthorpe at Cente half forward . Had enough of Fogs 6 possesion games.

Last edited:
It's all subjective.
I see nasiah as the next Shaune Burgoyne and I really like Johnson as a Sloane replacement.

Rachele was always gonna be high quality so can't go wrong with him.
He will never have the ability to win his own ball of Shaun Burgoyne , he plays the wing expertly like a better version of Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Back