Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is back to himself ? He was a flash in the pan for yrs before his injuries, and soft as butter.
He was not an elite player..

Ned is a deadset joke of a first round pick.
He is small and has rubbish skills

Soligo plays ahead of half the other donkeys getting a game, he can actually play.
He brings others into the game and holds his own around the footy.. excellent signs.
This :thumbsu:

Our biggest problem is we have been the good blokes club

We dont as a coaching group nor board demand much of our players.

'' thats ok Sloaney - we'll get em next week hey '
''dont worry about it I'm sure you will have pride in yourself and bring those qualities you had as a 23 yr old now that your 30''

' dont worry fog - when Tex retires you will be our number 1 guy - you know take 3-5 years to develop your game'

' Geez Ben you really need to work on your kicking - or you could handball more - but its ok you have desire'

' dont worry Matty we wont trade you - I mean we could get a pick in the top 20 but you're safe as houses mate'

There is no consequence to bad games except if you have played less than 20

I do agree stability is important and changing 3-5 players each week can cripple sides - BUT you will never find out about players if you dont try. Rebuilds dont work if you are doing the minimum changes of personnel
Totally agree. The biggest problem on top of all that is the camp and all the bad publicity that is generated. That’s why get got a good bloke like Nicks in to steady the ship and build a good culture where players want to stay.

We need to be ruthless and aggressive in all facets of the club. We all remember the bCrouch scenario and we didn’t end up with pick 2? Look at Essendon and what they did, yet on the AFL website it says it his contract hasn’t even been approved yet.

We just keep getting bent over, there must be so many things in the background that we don’t understand or do to get the job done.

If you set the expecations so low that it's literally impossible to fail them, what's the point of pretending success?

We're an awful awful team, have been for nearly half a decade, and havent improved.

And people are happy.

I think you have forgotten how bad we were in 2020.

We weren't competitive at all for most games, only the ones where we had a bigger break in games than the opposition.

At least we can compete with some top teams now. We beat last years premiers at home, and also beat a prelim finalist in round one.

Stop being so negative!

Totally agree. The biggest problem on top of all that is the camp and all the bad publicity that is generated. That’s why get got a good bloke like Nicks in to steady the ship and build a good culture where players want to stay.

We need to be ruthless and aggressive in all facets of the club. We all remember the bCrouch scenario and we didn’t end up with pick 2? Look at Essendon and what they did, yet on the AFL website it says it his contract hasn’t even been approved yet.

We just keep getting bent over, there must be so many things in the background that we don’t understand or do to get the job done.
Sometimes I get the feeling Adam Kelly was a placeholder for Neil Balme but we didn't get our man and now we're stuck with Kelly.

I like Sholl but his form in the second half of last year was garbage. It's not jumping off the train. It's just pointing out facts.
No arguments here, he dropped off. It happens with young players all the time.

I just thought the criticism went into hyperdrive. For me he got sore, he played poorly and got dropped accordingly. That was the end of it. Start again fresh in 2022.

But reading some of the stuff in here, you would have thought he was destined to be relegated back to a SAAFL Div 7 C grade side

Adelaide captain Rory Sloane has been handed a one-game suspension for a Contact to the Eye Region charge, while West Coast forward Willie Rioli has also been suspended by the Match Review Officer.

The incident involving Sloane and Fremantle's Blake Acres took place during the opening quarter of Sunday's match between the Crows and Dockers, with the Adelaide skipper's action on Acres being deemed Intentional Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact.

I thought the same, he'll be better for the run. But that first half he was clearly playing through cobwebs.

I'd predict by round 3 he'll be back to himself, and by halfway through the season he might start to hit top form again. Anything before that would be bonus
He did a few Milera Things in the 2nd half, and yes, he needs to do those more consistently, but good signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First round picks…sigh

Rachele - tick
Thilthorpe - getting there
Jones - maybe
Ned - hmm maybe
Mcasey - where TF is this kid at?? I know, big players take longer, Covid interrupted seasons etc etc. But jiminy cricket..you’re a pick 6, you’ve only gotta be better than Berg and Billy and you still can’t crack the team??

Last edited:
Yes I agree too but you can't have a teammate in the media sh*t on a young kids decision. Thilthorpe would know now he made the wrong decision that cost the game but he needs his teammates support he's already probably feeling pretty sh*t. All of them out there made mistakes.

You could argue why didn't Keays make better contact with his kick so it would have been untouchable.

We had many opportunities to win which we didn't take and that's why we lost added on the very poor first half. To single out one moment is unfair
yep.. the game was lost in the first half..

play the first half like we played the second and we would've slaughtered them.

Its pointless identifying one mistake and discussing it like it may have been the reason they lost.

Only round 1 but genuinely worried about ROB. Went from gold jacket to out of the team last year because of an injury which stopped him from being able to jump. Presumably that’s fixed now? Because he still couldn’t jump on Sunday. He’s in the leadership group now which should protect him for a few games but Strachan did look agile at the end of last year

Who calls their kid Blake when your surname is Acres??

Blake Acres…sounds like a housing estate😬

Like Bailey Dale sounds like a brand of butter..😛

Only round 1 but genuinely worried about ROB. Sent from gold jacket to out of the team last year because of an injury which stopped him from being able to jump. Presumably that’s fixed now? Because he still couldn’t jump on Sunday. He’s in the leadership group now which should protect him for a few games but Strachan did look agile at the end of last year
Strahan was excellent in the SANFL practice game. Very good tap ruckman and surprisingly agile in general play.

Jones has played 38 games and doesn't have a single one above 19 disposals. That's pretty bad considering the position he's playing.

Doesn’t seem to pad his stats by getting involved in sideways chipshow which robs him of 4-6 per game that our previous defensive groups feasted on.

First round picks…sigh

Rachele - tick
Thilthorpe - getting there
Jones - maybe
Ned - hmm maybe
Mcasey - where TF is this kid at?? I know, big players take longer, Covid interrupted seasons etc etc. But jiminy cricket..you’re a pick 6, you’ve only gotta be better than Berg and Billy and you still can’t crack the team??

And has so far had a career befitting pick 6 ;)

Honestly, I can't see McAsey having a career here at this point. Butts and Murray look like excellent defensive prospects at this point, we've shown no real interest in moving Doedee from a third tall, and we don't seem particularly interested in pushing him towards a key forward spot (notwithstanding we might find ourselves rather settled in that area soon if Gollant form holds up).

Seems like he's completely reliant on an injury to break through at this point.

Hopefully this means the end of Murphy in the fowardline.

Defensive pressure/ability should be a clear distant second to offensive ability in the small forward role - I don't know why the club can't understand this.

Look what Rachele did for us.

Wish I knew that before choosing the 100:1 for 5 tackles instead of 5 goals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Back