Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Mon April 18 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very difficult game to pick this one.
Hawthorn were not as bad as they played on the weekend. To lose as they did against St Kilda of all teams. They will be pumped and ready to turn it around.

I was hoping the forecast was a sunny day because we would simply have to much polish up front but now that it will be wet, Hawthorn can bring us down to their level ever so slightly.
Hawthorn are ranked last for clearances & contested possessions. That is an abysmal stat considering they have won 2 of 4 matches.

But, if there's anything we know about these two sides, it does not matter where both are situated on the ladder, they always produce thrilling finishes. This weekend will be no different.

Sorry but don’t agree. With Stewart back, we would have De Koning, Blicavs, Henry and O’Connor in addition to Stewart who all can play tall or med/tall. If anything we can afford to play one less tall defender in preference to another midfielder. Or some other position.
depends who we play and what is the plan with blicavs also.

against brisbane we looked vulnerable against their tall forwards in the air.

If blicavs is up on the wing or helping out in the ruck throughout the game, i can't see us dropping Kolo as it then leaves SDK to take a genuine tall forward, as henry can do it but is more natural taking a medium forward.

he is no star, but he is an area of our list we do not have ample supply of at the moment, as he is able to cover a second tall.

depends who we play and what is the plan with blicavs also.

against brisbane we looked vulnerable against their tall forwards in the air.

If blicavs is up on the wing or helping out in the ruck throughout the game, i can't see us dropping Kolo as it then leaves SDK to take a genuine tall forward, as henry can do it but is more natural taking a medium forward.

he is no star, but he is an area of our list we do not have ample supply of at the moment, as he is able to cover a second tall.
Lewis get Dek. Stints on Henry.
Kolo to Gunston
Bews to Breust
Atkins to Impey

Stewart and Henry get chumps like Moore etc they can roll off.

Kolo to Gunston
Bews to Breust
Atkins to Impey

Henry should get Gunston. Leave Stewart as the free defender. Kolo to get one of their youngsters. Not Moore, he’s a bit slippery - I’d have Atkins on him.

Kolo to Gunston
Bews to Breust
Atkins to Impey

Moore is a handy footballer..

Very difficult game to pick this one.
Hawthorn were not as bad as they played on the weekend. To lose as they did against St Kilda of all teams. They will be pumped and ready to turn it around.
With all due respect, this is a bit silly. Hawthorn are a bottom-four club this year, we're currently 3 and 1. We should win this comfortably and shame on us if we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t need to tag Mitchell, he’s been very poor for his standards this year.
If Hawks play a slow ball movement game yes, but quick style hawks doesn’t suit Mitchell one bit.
Expecting this to be his last season in the brown and gold
You'd be somewhat correct if it were just R1-R3 (to an extent) but he was by far our best player against the Saints and we beat them in the clearances because of it (our issue started from our strength, running/turnovers and creating run from them instead we were the ones who turned it over and didn't run, didn't own the outside and got cut up because of it.

He had 7 centre clearances or something ridiculous in R4.

You'd be somewhat correct if it were just R1-R3 (to an extent) but he was by far our best player against the Saints and we beat them in the clearances because of it (our issue started from our strength, running/turnovers and creating run from them instead we were the ones who turned it over and didn't run, didn't own the outside and got cut up because of it.

He had 7 centre clearances or something ridiculous in R4.
Sadly I have hawthorn fans in my family so I get forced to watch hawks games and I don’t think Mitchell was your best player. He might’ve been to some but I didn’t think you had a stand out.
His clearance work isn’t clearance work of others who break away from stoppages. He may feed off a handball to someone who then gets the clearance.
I just don’t think Mitchell’s quick ball movement/slingshot from the backline works for Tom
Not at the moment anyway

And Impey won't play fwd (unless we rotate it at some stage during the game, wont start, didn't against the Saints.)
What was the laugh react for?

Sadly I have hawthorn fans in my family so I get forced to watch hawks games and I don’t think Mitchell was your best player. He might’ve been to some but I didn’t think you had a stand out.
His clearance work isn’t clearance work of others who break away from stoppages. He may feed off a handball to someone who then gets the clearance.
I just don’t think Mitchell’s quick ball movement/slingshot from the backline works for Tom
Not at the moment anyway
He was the standout, alongside Duke.

His clearance work was very good, he had 7 centre clearances and was able to get in and under (received 4 frees for for high tackles being in and under, reminded me alot of 2018 Titch.)

He was able to get on the end of a beautiful tap from Reeves on the run out of the centre which was a deep entry aswell, his clearance game looks to be getting back to it's best, he was super clean and went at a super high disposal efficiency, under immense St Kilda pressure all game.

This is not an invitation to tag because i'd prefer you don't for our sake. Let Tom regain form in peace.

It may not off half back (where Titch has found a fair bit of footy that in 2018 for example use to be a bit of a release of pressure before we slingshotted and we could setup better.)

Haven't seen much of that from him this year so far but he's also been dealing with a groin injury he had in that last pre season game so we'll see if it's a one off game or he's back.

Also a clearance (is the first bloke with an effective disposal or that clears the area).

This is the only game Carlton have won at KP in the last 20 years (to be fair, they only started playing us down here again in 2018).

View attachment 1371061

It was looking like a bad loss at 3/4 time until we extracted the digit in the last quarter. The Sav incident happened midway through the 3rd quarter.

And we had a couple of late chances to take the lead, including a shot on goal by Ablett

Really on paper we should win by 10 goals, but rarely chances of that will be slim... typical cats v hawks there hasn't been many games there been blown outs. Lets hope we win by at least 18 points

CJ doesn't worry me, he has no real interest in actually defending, look to expose him the other way just like St Kilda did last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back