List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, if we walk away from the next trade season with just wardlaw, busslinger, logue, short (or dale, or sicily) and harvey, luff will have earnt a month off in the maldives
If that happens- it would of meant luff was already on holidays

Yeah rd1 pick and cooper with two late picks to really jump start this rebuild 🙃

alexis g. zall what GIF by GuiltyParty

Ok, so I’ve had some time off to work out the overall strategy and best case scenario as we fly ass first into 2023 and this rebuild.

The complete removal of the Axis of Ordinary 2.0 is required.

Delist: Turners, Youngs, Atus, Walkers, Bonars.

Free Agency:

6x $800k > J. Short to lead the backline, direct, point, hit targets, sort out our kick-ins.

Trade:

Mahony > GC > 2023 R2
2023 R2 + 43 + 46 > Brisbane > 17 + 35
2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3
17 + 35 + GWS 2023 R2 + R3 > Freo > Logue + 15
GWS 2023 R1 + Xerri > Saints > 11 + 2023 R2

Draft: 1, 7, 11, 15, 54, 56

1: Wardlaw
7 :Busslinger
11: Scully
15: Broadbent
~38: Cooper Harvey

Enter 2023 with rebuild well under way.

B: Logue - McKay - McDonald
HB: Short - Busslinger - Thomas
C: Goater - LDU - Stephenson
HF: Simpkin - Comben - Curtis
F: Jason - Scully - Larkey
R: CCJ - Cunnington - Phillips
I/C: Zurhaar - Powell- Hall -Wardlaw
Sub: Anderson
Em: Corr Ford Polec Taylor Ziebell Bergman Edwards Harvey Archer

2023 Draft: GC R2 + Saints R2
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Surely if we finish up winning the drafts for a second year in a row we'll take best available? Which mean a midfielder, so JFH, pick#1, TT, Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Powell, Stephenson then the older brigade of Cunners, Anderson & Greenwood.

So in my crazy mind it may well be best to look at trading our way out of our backline issues? Which would be an instant improvement instead of having another two years of development. Flow on effect then of course. ( FA's) Anyway we look at it, this coming trade period will be critical.

I'm not fussed who we trade TBH. Well not Simpkin or JHF and the older players of course. The rest come at us and pony up.

Surely if we finish up winning the drafts for a second year in a row we'll take best available? Which mean a midfielder, so JFH, pick#1, TT, Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Powell, Stephenson then the older brigade of Cunners, Anderson & Greenwood.

So in my crazy mind it may well be best to look at trading our way out of our backline issues? Which would be an instant improvement instead of having another two years of development. Flow on effect then of course. ( FA's) Anyway we look at it, this coming trade period will be critical.

I'm not fussed who we trade TBH. Well not Simpkin or JHF and the older players of course. The rest come at us and pony up.
Yeah best available then free agency and some trades to address the backline. Still think we can develop a few skinny kps for a few years and hope one turns into larkey or Harris andrews

I’d open up a second spot with Lynch retiring

Have 2 cracks at KPP hedge our bets hopefully 1 turns out good that we keep long term
Mate I don’t know if the quality is there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you. Best available unless we rate a KPP so closely to the best mid that it's worth going for need. End of the day we still do not have a proven midfield either - we're sitting here desperately hoping Cunnington and Jed Anderson can get back in the squad which says we have a lot more work to do.

I'd prefer to trade for need in the backline if available. If we need to strategically push out some midfield talent in 2-3 years so be it. Remembering as you said we still have Greenwood, Anderson, Cunnington to replace over the next few years - that's not even accounting for roles like Hall who are midfield sized players.

Again from the sounds of it Busslinger and Lemmey should be close enough to the pointy end happy for either. Cmon PP and the eagles to snatch a couple of meaningless dead rubbers

I’d open up a second spot with Lynch retiring

Have 2 cracks at KPP hedge our bets hopefully 1 turns out good that we keep long term

With you on this one.

We have 2 years of Covid playing hell with u18 years.

Any recruiter worth their salt should be able to come up with a couple of free hits amongst the players who'll be up for grabs.

Agreed.

I’d rather take a 6 month punt than not

Eg see if Schlensog can step up by taking Lynch’s spot on list
Yeah I guess there’s no harm, we can just “Charlie Ham” them if they don’t work.

I’m not sure retiring lynch will fly with the afl they might see that as taking the piss re soft cap manipulation. Retiring Polec might be an issue if he wants to fight back, could be messy.

I know you like schlensog but I’m not sure he’s the one, I have only seen one WAFL game of him and wasn’t impressed (that said I’ve hardly seen much of him), I’m concerned he’s been overlooked so much, considering there’s been two drafts since he was brought up in msd/nd mature age pick up discussion.

This El Nour bloke seems pretty good. Perhaps a project fwd if we got a second pick.

Based on the info on the draft boards and soups word (which I trust implicitly) I’d be happy with Busslinger or Lemmey at 1 if we got it

Ok, so I’ve had some time off to work out the overall strategy and best case scenario as we fly ass first into 2023 and this rebuild.

The complete removal of the Axis of Ordinary 2.0 is required.

Delist: Turners, Youngs, Atus, Walkers, Bonars.

Free Agency:

6x $800k > J. Short to lead the backline, direct, point, hit targets, sort out our kick-ins.

Trade:

Mahony > GC > 2023 R2
2023 R2 + 43 + 46 > Brisbane > 17 + 35
2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3
17 + 35 + GWS 2023 R2 + R3 > Freo > Logue + 15
GWS 2023 R1 + Xerri > Saints > 11 + 2023 R2

Draft: 1, 7, 11, 15, 54, 56

1: Wardlaw
7 :Busslinger
11: Scully
15: Broadbent
~38: Cooper Harvey

Enter 2023 with rebuild well under way.

B: Logue - McKay - McDonald
HB: Short - Busslinger - Thomas
C: Goater - LDU - Stephenson
HF: Simpkin - Comben - Curtis
F: Jason - Scully - Larkey
R: CCJ - Cunnington - Phillips
I/C: Zurhaar - Powell- Hall -Wardlaw
Sub: Anderson
Em: Corr Ford Polec Taylor Ziebell Bergman Edwards Harvey Archer

2023 Draft: GC R2 + Saints R2
crazy trade period always makes me laugh. All this over the top scenarios where nothing as complex ever happens.

Anyway, lets play. Can you explain: 2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3?

How does: R1 + R3 = 2R1 + R2 + R3

Based on current ladder positions that's: 2 + 38 = 7 + 4 + 22 + 40.

And I'd suggest we wont be 2nd last in 2023, and who know where GWS will be. They'll have a new coach, trying to learn a new game plan and may well be thinking of a rebuild.

crazy trade period always makes me laugh. All this over the top scenarios where nothing as complex ever happens.

Anyway, lets play. Can you explain: 2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3?

How does: R1 + R3 = 2R1 + R2 + R3

Based on current ladder positions that's: 2 + 38 = 7 + 4 + 22 + 40.

And I'd suggest we wont be 2nd last in 2023, and who know where GWS will be. They'll have a new coach, trying to learn a new game plan and may well be thinking of a rebuild.
There will still be enough talent for them, if anything a new coach will unlock them

I know what you're thinking.

1651716500663.png

This might be unpopular, but I’m not too concerned at only having pick #1, Cooper, and then some change in the 50s at the draft. This isn’t 2017 all over again. We already have the young talent on our list. There’s no need to take another 5-7 teenagers in the hopes that they can fill holes in 4-5 years time. Just take the best kid available at #1 and try to find our needs elsewhere.

I’m happy for our list spots to go to senior support by way of trade, DFA or mature draftees. You can’t have the entire list be developing kids and with guys like Goater, Phillips, Comben, Ford, Powell, Lazaro, and Edwards, there’s already enough talented young players out of the side waiting to develop and come in.

This might be unpopular, but I’m not too concerned at only having pick #1, Cooper, and then some change in the 50s at the draft. This isn’t 2017 all over again. We already have the young talent on our list. There’s no need to take another 5-7 teenagers in the hopes that they can fill holes in 4-5 years time. Just take the best kid available at #1 and try to find our needs elsewhere.

I’m happy for our list spots to go to senior support by way of trade, DFA or mature draftees. You can’t have the entire list be developing kids and with guys like Goater, Phillips, Comben, Ford, Powell, Lazaro, and Edwards, there’s already enough talented young players out of the side waiting to develop and come in.
I think the issue is we have so many holes just have zero currency to either trade or draft reinforcements, our senior players don’t have great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back