List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If...

Todd Goldstein took the money and the Roos cleaned up with a couple of first round picks

Then...

HUURRRRRRRRRR Norf sold all their good players they deserve all they get no PPP Picks Paul Roos
You know you actually made him sound smarter than he actually is?

Commitment seems to be the issue. Training standards and effort has dropped since he went over West.

At his best he would be a good Hall replacement, but it’s been over two years since he has played consistent footy.
30 next year so probably too late to turn things around. I reckon a guy like that just gets tired of living the professional footballer life. One to keep tabs on a potential DFA though.

Dislocation which will require surgery. Same as the Pies Nathan Krueger who has been sent in for surgery and his year is over.
I dislocated my shoulder in 1976. Back then surgery was not a consideration. I was treated by Dr Grainger (Richmond club doctor). Exercise and tablets (which were on the banned list some years after - not at the time though).

I still have problems lifting my left arm above my head and when I roll onto my left side in bed I wake up in pain most nights.

I hope Miller’s surgery is successful.

I dislocated my shoulder in 1976. Back then surgery was not a consideration. I was treated by Dr Grainger (Richmond club doctor). Exercise and tablets (which were on the banned list some years after - not at the time though).

I still have problems lifting my left arm above my head and when I roll onto my left side in bed I wake up in pain most nights.

I hope Miller’s surgery is successful.
I’m not making light of your injury but I did laugh at , “ I dislocated my shoulder back in 1976”.
In 1976 I was piled into the back of a HQ sedan with half the local footy team . They were the days.

I'm fine with media. I actually like Kane Cornes, David King, Nathan Buckley, Matthew Lloyd etc.

But this is stupidity.

'North are the position they're in due to a lack of leadership and quality senior players. Criticises trading Tarrant'
- Media then suggests not trading our best senior player outside of Cunnington was a bad move.

Can't win.

I’m not making light of your injury but I did laugh at , “ I dislocated my shoulder back in 1976”.
In 1976 I was piled into the back of a HQ sedan with half the local footy team . They were the days.
LOL. Our coach used to drive laps of the town to round up all the stragglers to get us to away games - there could easily be 8 or 10 kids (inluding two of his own) in his HK. Even one or two in the boot with the gear if needed.

But we lost four I think in a crash somewhere around this time, plus the underage driver who spent some time away as a result. I think there were six or so of my u17 team who were killed in car or motorbike collisions plus a few from oppo teams. Country roads, shit cars, grog, speed and underage driving. Bad combinations.

Last edited:
I'm fine with media. I actually like Kane Cornes, David King, Nathan Buckley, Matthew Lloyd etc.

But this is stupidity.

'North are the position they're in due to a lack of leadership and quality senior players. Criticises trading Tarrant'
- Media then suggests not trading our best senior player outside of Cunnington was a bad move.

Can't win.
They always look for an angle. There are obviously two sides and with our position on the ladder, they just choose whichever approach they want to attack from and then write a piece that justifies the outcome. This isn't journalism - it's creative writing. In the end, the best thing is to ignore 96% of the football articles - it's just a bunch of no-hopers writing stories that are sensational enough to get published by editors who's KPIs are measured in clicks.

But this is stupidity.

Can't win.
Also incorrect. Tarrant elected to leave via FA, and the trade was a facilitation made by the club. He was gone, and wanted out at the end of 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also incorrect. Tarrant elected to leave via FA, and the trade was a facilitation made by the club. He was gone, and wanted out at the end of 2020
They’re half right, our senior group aren’t as good as adel/Coll/haw hence they’ve looked to improve more than we have

But their other comments aren’t great

But when you look at the start of 2024 everyone of those will be 2 years older. Preuss will be lucky to be playing, Greene would have been suspended for life, Kelly will be chasing money at a contender, Taranto will be shit, Callaghan will hate Sydney and Hooper wont have a knee.
Preuss will be at his fourth club playing as backup for the 2023 AA ruckman.

But this is stupidity.

Can't win.

I would challenge Twatty McTwatface to nominate the club, year, and specific picks that were offered when multiple first round draft picks were supposedly on the table for Goldstein any time in the last 4 seasons. What utter bullshit.

I would challenge Twatty McTwatface to nominate the club, year, and specific picks that were offered when multiple first round draft picks were supposedly on the table for Goldstein any time in the last 4 seasons. What utter bullshit.

There wasn't multiple picks on the table because Goldy was an unrestricted free agent. And because nobody knows the dollar amount of that offer by the Cats we don't even know if one first rounder was up for grabs. Looking at the draft that year and guessing at a band 2 being fair we would have had our pick of, in order, Deven Robertsen, Dylan Williams, Harry Schoenberg, Jackson Mead and maybe Will Gould. Considering that list and that Tom Campbell would have become our number one ruck I'm happy to suggest we did the right thing.

We're not Melbourne or *. If Todd had upped and left as a FA even if he was the reigning back to back Brownlow medalist at the time we'd have been offered compensation of a 4th round pick and tepid cup of tea.

And beaten repeatedly with a rolled up newspaper if we even dared to question our recompense.

1. Take El Nour at the MSD.

2. For the AFL "priority pick" package they give us is the ability to pre-list two mature players. We take a KPD and trade the rights to the other player for pick 33.

Go into the trade period with picks 2, 33, 56, 64 & 74.

3. Goldy leaves as a free agent. No compensation.

4. Trade Anderson & pick 56 to Carlton for pick 31.

5. Trade picks 31, 33 & 64 to Brisbane for picks 17 & 71.

6. Delist Young, Bosenavulagi and J Walker, with the intention to move Walker to the rookie list. Delist rookies Hayden, P Walker and Lynch.

Go to the draft with picks 2, 17, 71 & 74.

List changes for 2022:

In - El Nour, mature KPD, Busslinger (2), a HBF or small forward (17), Cooper Harvey and rookie picks 2 & 20.
Out - Goldstein, Anderson, Young, Bosenavulagi, Hayden, P Walker and Lynch.

List changes for 2023 - All of Ziebell, Hall, Polec, Turner, Walker and Greenwood go. The clean out of older players is done, with the only player over 30 on our list being Cunnington.

2027-2032 - 1st team to win 6 straight premierships.

1. Take El Nour at the MSD.

2. For the AFL "priority pick" package they give us is the ability to pre-list two mature players. We take a KPD and trade the rights to the other player for pick 33.

Go into the trade period with picks 2, 33, 56, 64 & 74.

3. Goldy leaves as a free agent. No compensation.

4. Trade Anderson & pick 56 to Carlton for pick 31.

5. Trade picks 31, 33 & 64 to Brisbane for picks 17 & 71.

6. Delist Young, Bosenavulagi and J Walker, with the intention to move Walker to the rookie list. Delist rookies Hayden, P Walker and Lynch.

Go to the draft with picks 2, 17, 71 & 74.

List changes for 2022:

In - El Nour, mature KPD, Busslinger (2), a HBF or small forward (17), Cooper Harvey and rookie picks 2 & 20.
Out - Goldstein, Anderson, Young, Bosenavulagi, Hayden, P Walker and Lynch.

List changes for 2023 - All of Ziebell, Hall, Polec, Turner, Walker and Greenwood go. The clean out of older players is done, with the only player over 30 on our list being Cunnington.

2027-2032 - 1st team to win 6 straight premierships.

1. Okay
2. Ask for start of R1, receive start of R2
3. Probably
4. Anderson isn't worth that much to Carlton
5. Does this give Brisbane more draft points? If so it might be a goer - otherwise we do another favourable side deal with the Lions and then magically not bid on Ashcroft at 1
6. One of those three might survive given they all play in the back 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back