List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
It’s like when you’re at school, trying to work out what an A+ essay looks like, well that is the gold standard. That’s what A+ trading looks like.

You gotta have a plan!
crazy trade period always makes me laugh. All this over the top scenarios where nothing as complex ever happens.

Anyway, lets play. Can you explain: 2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3?

How does: R1 + R3 = 2R1 + R2 + R3

Based on current ladder positions that's: 2 + 38 = 7 + 4 + 22 + 40.

And I'd suggest we wont be 2nd last in 2023, and who know where GWS will be. They'll have a new coach, trying to learn a new game plan and may well be thinking of a rebuild.

Pick #1 2023 (why would anyone not think it’ll be us?) that’s how I would be selling it anyway > 4(which will turn into 7 by years end) and 2023 R1 which will be ~10 (we’ll tell the Saints it’ll likely to be 6-10 of course) + inconsequential change to them.

I don’t know seems reasonably fair to me

Ok, so I’ve had some time off to work out the overall strategy and best case scenario as we fly ass first into 2023 and this rebuild.

The complete removal of the Axis of Ordinary 2.0 is required.

Delist: Turners, Youngs, Atus, Walkers, Bonars.

Free Agency:

6x $800k > J. Short to lead the backline, direct, point, hit targets, sort out our kick-ins.

Trade:

Mahony > GC > 2023 R2
2023 R2 + 43 + 46 > Brisbane > 17 + 35
2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3
17 + 35 + GWS 2023 R2 + R3 > Freo > Logue + 15
GWS 2023 R1 + Xerri > Saints > 11 + 2023 R2

Draft: 1, 7, 11, 15, 54, 56

1: Wardlaw
7 :Busslinger
11: Scully
15: Broadbent
~38: Cooper Harvey

Enter 2023 with rebuild well under way.

B: Logue - McKay - McDonald
HB: Short - Busslinger - Thomas
C: Goater - LDU - Stephenson
HF: Simpkin - Comben - Curtis
F: Jason - Scully - Larkey
R: CCJ - Cunnington - Phillips
I/C: Zurhaar - Powell- Hall -Wardlaw
Sub: Anderson
Em: Corr Ford Polec Taylor Ziebell Bergman Edwards Harvey Archer

2023 Draft: GC R2 + Saints R2

I like the way you slap down Mahony and Xerri onto other clubs the way you would unload your shit cards in a game of Hearts.

I like the way you slap down Mahony and Xerri onto other clubs the way you would unload your shit cards in a game of Hearts.

Mahony the equivalent of the queen of spades….

Easy to say in hindsight after Tarrants departure I know, but I thought this at the time too.

The delisting of Sam Durdin was an awful/premature decision. He is by no means a world beater, but would be a welcome improvement on our current stocks.

Just seems a very strange choice to have gotten rid of a bloke who was 24 at the time, played a position of need and was a relatively large investment from us (pick 16 in 2014).

A 2 year deal would have seen him through to the end of this year where he would be 26-27 years old. Surely nothing would have been lost by giving him those extra years on minimal money to try and establish himself.

‘Prematurely’??? We gave him 6 years with very little output. He just wasn’t up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t say it tZ 😜 1384AA76-DEB1-43A8-9AAC-555A07E3927A.png

With you on this one.

We have 2 years of Covid playing hell with u18 years.

Any recruiter worth their salt should be able to come up with a couple of free hits amongst the players who'll be up for grabs.
But what about our butchers

Can he he do the trade with a poker face

Straight trade for Polec
Use Devon as tackle bag / Ruvk bag - he’s not to wear our club colours

crazy trade period always makes me laugh. All this over the top scenarios where nothing as complex ever happens.

Anyway, lets play. Can you explain: 2023 R1 + R3 > GWS > 7 + 2023 R1 + 2023 R2 + R3?

How does: R1 + R3 = 2R1 + R2 + R3

Based on current ladder positions that's: 2 + 38 = 7 + 4 + 22 + 40.

And I'd suggest we wont be 2nd last in 2023, and who know where GWS will be. They'll have a new coach, trying to learn a new game plan and may well be thinking of a rebuild.
Hopper 25 Kelly 27 Taylor 23 Taranto 24 Green 21 Cummings 23 Preuss 26 Perryman 23 Callaghan 19 Greene 28 just to name a handful. A rebuild would be the last thing on their mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopper 25 Kelly 27 Taylor 23 Taranto 24 Green 21 Cummings 23 Preuss 26 Perryman 23 Callaghan 19 Greene 28 just to name a handful. A rebuild would be the last thing on their mind.
But when you look at the start of 2024 everyone of those will be 2 years older. Preuss will be lucky to be playing, Greene would have been suspended for life, Kelly will be chasing money at a contender, Taranto will be shit, Callaghan will hate Sydney and Hooper wont have a knee.

Nathan Wilson can't get a game for Freo. He's got the pace we need off half back, worth a look?

Nathan Wilson can't get a game for Freo. He's got the pace we need off half back, worth a look?

Commitment seems to be the issue. Training standards and effort has dropped since he went over West.

At his best he would be a good Hall replacement, but it’s been over two years since he has played consistent footy.

If...

Todd Goldstein took the money and the Roos cleaned up with a couple of first round picks

Then...

HUURRRRRRRRRR Norf sold all their good players they deserve all they get no PPP Picks Paul Roos
Yep, there is no pleasing Dickhead Damo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back