Review Round 14, 2022 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

0.00 to 18.13 of 1st quarter 0.2 v 3.1
0.00 to 14.14 of 4th quarter 0.2 v 2.1
3 of Ports 4 pts above were from set shots

Rest of the game 12.6 v 3.9.

0.00 to 16.38 of 3rd quarter 6.2 v 0.0

Duursma will be a better player than Amon. I just hope it's at Port.

Would like that to happen, but can't see him getting close tbh

Come on, he will find his form, shocking 2022, I’d say he lost his faith in his body. Plus you man jizz for Amon

I went to the game yesterday. Caught the bus in with lots of families with kids all chattering away excitedly about going to the footy. Had a great time at the game, and came home in good spirits. After I got home I started checking out our board and reading a lot of posts that were happy with the win but still talking about not going to games to send a message to the club that we want the coach sacked and hitting them where it hurts with low attendances etc.

I have been attending games now for many years and so I have sat through some absolute shockers in that time, often going along week after week knowing we were going to get trounced. But I have also enjoyed some really special, and sometimes very unexpected, wins and moments in games. Sure you can stay home and watch them on TV, but that is never as good as being there with your fellow supporters. The people that I sit with at the game also go to every game they can get to. We are not just ‘happy clappers’ we call out poor efforts when we see them and criticise when it’s justified. But we go to support the players. Not the coaches, CEO’s, Chairman etc. We go so we can cheer for players when they put their bodies on the line to save a goal, for taking a great mark, for a great chase down.

For all the plonkers of games I’ve sat through, I don’t ever remember just wishing I’d never gone in the first place, because you just never know how it’s going to unfold.

Absolutely people have to decide for themselves whether to attend or not. It’s whatever feels right for them. But they’re just my thoughts.

Amon is 5 years older than Duursma - and really didn't become a regular until 2019, and it has only been since last year that his form has really elevated into one of the better wingers in the comp (though I think his form has dropped off this year).

Prior to 2019, Amon was on the chopping block and many were ready to see the back of him.

Duursma has been a more impressive player at the same age than Amon was imo. No reason to think X is even close to his potential. Still only 21 years old, won't hit his peak for another 3-4 years at least.

Last edited:
Yet to watch the tv replay, but credit where it's due, was a good performance.

An abhorrent first 15 minutes, and was thinking "OMG, another brain dead first term". Typical Ken.

Midway through the quarter someone on the field flicked a switch. We suddenly gang tackled, pressured, started running the lines, made space in the F50 and delivered to leading forwards.

Wasn't through any act of supreme coaching genius - the blokes out there on the oval changed their collective mindset, instead of waiting for a break to get some gospel from the coaching messiah!

Voila! It all came together for the next 50% of the game - match over. Then the inevitable goalless lat 45 minutes, albeit we probably did have two blokes injured, so fatigue would have played a bit of a factor.

Been waiting since around 2017 to see that. Good to see, even if I have been so disconnected by the endless **** the club has dished up, that I'm struggling to get pumped up too much for fear of it all coming crashing down again, with an inevitable reversion to type.

Ah well, a win is a win. Better enjoy it whilst it lasts. Well done to the lads.
Agree with this. What “flicked the switch” in the first quarter was definitely Butters’ goal. He saw the fraction of a chance and just went for it. Definitely not in the Kenny playbook.
And whoever it was who attacked the Swans defender (Mills?) and made them totally stuff up a routine switch deserves a lot of credit too.
it lifted the whole team.

Opposition rankings after analysing replay
Everyone starts at 0 and only goes up, accounting for the entire game (i.e. most players average out to a 5 and below that doesn't necessarily mean a "bad" game. Not everyone can be a stand out.)

Wines 8/10
Rozee 8/10
Bonner 8/10
-
Marshall 7/10
Finlayson 6/10
Amon 6/10
Dixon 6/10
-
Clurey 5/10
Houston 5/10
Burton 5/10
Aliir 5/10
Farrell 5/10
Powell-Pepper 4/10
Mead 4/10
Jonas 4/10
Butters 4/10
Drew 4/10
-
Georgiades 3/10
Duursma 3/10
Frederick 2/10
Jones 2/10
Teakle 2/10
Byrne-Jones 2/10

Swans rankings: Autopsy - Why you cant trust this team yet 23 point loss to Port.

I'm so incredibly stoked to be wrong about an individual game . All that matters in AFL these days us winning 1 game every now and then right. Can't win them all....😒

I also never said I want us to lose.

What a loser mentality you have. Enjoy the sugar rush.

The lack of killer instinct has been obvious in several games this year, and in previous years. These comments and issues were seeing should be talked about because they're what will stop us from going anywhere. Unlike you with your acceptance of mediocrity, I want my team to be winning flags, you know, the target all at the club set for us this year.

Winning 1 singular game with glaring issues all over the park doesn't equate to the success that is going to change minds. I stand by all the comments I made. There's a reason why we're 6-7, our game has descended massively this year and the reasons are glaring.

I enjoyed the first 15 mins of the 3rd qtr. I loved watching Rozee and Wines combine and Bonner lighting it up. Marshall's first half was great. I enjoyed the win. But I'm not stupid enough to think it is any more than it was.
We have won 6 of our last 8……. and now that we’ve actually got some critical personnel back we will continue to improve…. We’ve had to endure this season, through injuries and illness the unavailability of for various lengths of time….. Aliir, Butters, Clurey, Dixon, Lycett, Gray, Duursma, McKenzie, Boak, Wines, Fantasia, Bonner….. f..k me Steven May falls over for Melbourne and they haven’t won since. We haven’t been able to pick the same team 2 weeks running , never mind our best team. Sydney last 2 games were wins over Melbourne and Richmond……. credit where credit’s due !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition rankings after analysing replay
Everyone starts at 0 and only goes up, accounting for the entire game (i.e. most players average out to a 5 and below that doesn't necessarily mean a "bad" game. Not everyone can be a stand out.)

Wines 8/10
Rozee 8/10
Bonner 8/10
-
Marshall 7/10
Finlayson 6/10
Amon 6/10
Dixon 6/10
-
Clurey 5/10
Houston 5/10
Burton 5/10
Aliir 5/10
Farrell 5/10
Powell-Pepper 4/10
Mead 4/10
Jonas 4/10
Butters 4/10
Drew 4/10
-
Georgiades 3/10
Duursma 3/10
Frederick 2/10
Jones 2/10
Teakle 2/10
Byrne-Jones 2/10

Swans rankings: Autopsy - Why you cant trust this team yet 23 point loss to Port.

Broadly agree with the rankings except for Burton is waaay too low IMO, he was excellent.

Duursma should be seen as the next captain after Wines. Whatever the hell they think they're doing with him is full on idiotic.
Lol. Duursma needs to prove he's best 22 before we think about making him captain. And his hard running but clanger riddled performance on Saturday didn't prove that.

Lol. Duursma needs to prove he's best 22 before we think about making him captain. And his hard running but clanger riddled performance on Saturday didn't prove that.

Prove to who exactly? The imbeciles that picked Martin Frederick ahead of him on the weekend?

Prove to who exactly? The imbeciles that picked Martin Frederick ahead of him on the weekend?
Prove to whoever our coach is next year, who wouldn't have seen a single game out of Duursma this year that would make them think 'this guy is a lock in my side', let alone 'this guy is my next captain'. As tempting as it is you can't blame Hinkley for everything.

PS sack Hinkley

He won our Best and Fairest in 2020 and i think his form is improving this year, i actually rated his game on the weekend.
Speaking of DBJ, another thing I noticed on Saturday, a few players had some wtf moments, not just Darcy, but no-one dropped their heads, they just got up and went harder at the next contest. I like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 14, 2022 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back