Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel that people underrate just how bad he is and how much of an impact it's having. I cringe when I see other sides with mobile rucks who can do a bit of everything and we're stuck with this uncoordinated lumbering oaf.

Remember when he'd compete on the ground immediately after a ruck contest. Now he's just another late career Sauce who's above doing anything other than contesting the ball up. And like other cruising senior players, we don't have a selection philosophy that holds them accountable. So it's just week in and week out puss from them.

Remember when he'd compete on the ground immediately after a ruck contest. Now he's just another late career Sauce who's above doing anything other than contesting the ball up. And like other cruising senior players, we don't have a selection philosophy that holds them accountable. So it's just week in and week out puss from them.
This could very well be true. If so, I hate it!
Brown not getting back in the team is encouraging however. Crouch too.

This could very well be true. If so, I hate it!
Brown not getting back in the team is encouraging however. Crouch too.

Definitely encouraging, not that Brown was dropped. But the question remains as to how long he'd have been forced to play lower level. Look at Milera, absolutely didn't deserve either recall and doesn't deserve to remain in the side, but remains anyway. And they've kept going back to Crouch, even to replace McAdam, so it speaks to ongoing philosophical failings. And on top Nix feels the need to publicly tell everyone that we still want Crouch at the club in 2023. Why do we feel the need to protect senior player egos like this?

This is what happens when you give a player not worthy of a 3 year deal a 5 year deal.

This is what happens when you give a player not worthy of a 3 year deal a 5 year deal.
Was it a 5 year Deal or 4 year Deal .....either way, completely agree, hate giving players long term deals

Just so many fall flat, almost immediately the ink has dried on a big Contract .....there are exceptions, but ROB wasn't one of them .....nor Milera

Was it a 5 year Deal or 4 year Deal .....either way, completely agree, hate giving players long term deals

Just so many fall flat, almost immediately the ink has dried on a big Contract .....there are exceptions, but ROB wasn't one of them .....nor Milera
Come on Wayno you were just about Milera's biggest fan on this board.

Definitely encouraging, not that Brown was dropped. But the question remains as to how long he'd have been forced to play lower level. Look at Milera, absolutely didn't deserve either recall and doesn't deserve to remain in the side, but remains anyway. And they've kept going back to Crouch, even to replace McAdam, so it speaks to ongoing philosophical failings. And on top Nix feels the need to publicly tell everyone that we still want Crouch at the club in 2023. Why do we feel the need to protect senior player egos like this?
I doubt you'd find a club in the AFL that wouldn't publicly back a player in. Firstly if its known you dont want them at all it weakens the trading hand even further, in Crouches case he's still contracted so if you go full burn mode then we'd have everyone complaining we are paying for a guy who might not even be playing in the SANFL.

It's really a case that actions speak louder so we shall see where Crouch falls at the end of the year. The current injury (assuming its true) probably gives the club an easy out to not pick him as he's obviously far too good for the SANFL but not a good fit for us at the AFL level.

Hopefully for both parties sake a suitable club can take him & he can get his career going again & we can look to improve our midfield mix in the offseason.

I doubt you'd find a club in the AFL that wouldn't publicly back a player in. Firstly if its known you dont want them at all it weakens the trading hand even further, in Crouches case he's still contracted so if you go full burn mode then we'd have everyone complaining we are paying for a guy who might not even be playing in the SANFL.

It's really a case that actions speak louder so we shall see where Crouch falls at the end of the year. The current injury (assuming its true) probably gives the club an easy out to not pick him as he's obviously far too good for the SANFL but not a good fit for us at the AFL level.

Hopefully for both parties sake a suitable club can take him & he can get his career going again & we can look to improve our midfield mix in the offseason.

Our trade hand isn't weakened by saying nothing in a public puff piece. They find out exactly how much we value him when they start offering us draft picks to acquire him. Do you seriously reckon anything Nix says in July makes the slightest difference to what we end up with at the trade table? In terms of injury, you'd have to think it's true. If you worried about public perception and value maintenance then you'd pick a different injury area than what just cost him a year.

Hopefully we’ve learnt that making it too obvious we don’t want a player doesn’t help come trade time. Nicks would know Crouch is gone and Crouch’s injury and pulling out of the SANFL seems convenient, reckon he’s doing a Jacob

Our trade hand isn't weakened by saying nothing in a public puff piece. They find out exactly how much we value him when they start offering us draft picks to acquire him. Do you seriously reckon anything Nix says in July makes the slightest difference to what we end up with at the trade table? In terms of injury, you'd have to think it's true. If you worried about public perception and value maintenance then you'd pick a different injury area than what just cost him a year.
I think this is another case of too many years on a contract. We could have offered crouch one year instead of two. If he didn't like that and wanted to take up the one year he was offered elsewhere I would have not stood in his way.

Hopefully we’ve learnt that making it too obvious we don’t want a player doesn’t help come trade time. Nicks would know Crouch is gone and Crouch’s injury and pulling out of the SANFL seems convenient, reckon he’s doing a Jacob

I like a good conspiracy theory, but if you're going to furphy an injury, wouldn't you choose something that would be totally unrelated to his groins/quads? Maybe Brown too, the senior guys just refusing to play 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is another case of too many years on a contract. We could have offered crouch one year instead of two. If he didn't like that and wanted to take up the one year he was offered elsewhere I would have not stood in his way.

That's a good point, if he's accepting 2, then there's not much else out there, so why not 1? That way he's RFA again and clubs may pay a few more $ to get him without draft capital being required. Now we'll be struggling to extract anything at all.

Newchurch not getting a go in first because of offfield issues. Macasey has checked out completely and will either be delisted or traded ( hardly surprising)
Clearly then the club believes Newchurch doesnt come from a good enough family.

But seriously… what off field issues?..

Havent seen him in the news busted with coke.. no DUI charges.. no reports of crashing cars and doing runners..

Is he a kleptomaniac or something?..

Or does the club simply not approve of the genre of music he listens to? And the crowd he hangs out with?

If this is true and the off field issues arent even bad enough to make the news then this club needs to fold..

its full of conservative nanny state type ********s that care more about image and optics than winning games of football… And yet another example of their complete inability to develop, mentor and provide support to young men.

A total and utter failure of an organisation and their recent record on the field is all the evidence you need to prove this.

Havent seen him in the news busted with coke.. no DUI charges.. no reports of crashing cars and doing runners..

Or does the club simply not approve of the genre of music he listens to? And the crowd he hangs out with?

If this is true and the off field issues arent even bad enough to make the news then this club needs to fold..

its full of conservative nanny state type ********s that care more about image and optics than winning games of football… And yet another example of their complete inability to develop, mentor and provide support to young men.

A total and utter failure of an organisation and their recent record on the field is all the evidence you need to prove this.

All in or all out wouldn't surprise me. That he couldn't get a game with injured and horribly performing small forwards is total negligence.

Come on Wayno you were just about Milera's biggest fan on this board.
Yes I was ......Milera was my "premier midfielder of the future" for a couple of years ......I'm just feeling his enormous talent is going to waste

Is Milera working hard enough off the track to be the best he could be .....or is he subconsciously coasting along a bit ....comfortable with a long Contract ?

Yes I was ......Milera was my "premier midfielder of the future" for a couple of years ......I'm just feeling his enormous talent is going to waste

Oh dear

Is Milera working hard enough off the track to be the best he could be .....or is he subconsciously coasting along a bit ....comfortable with a long Contract ?

He wouldn’t have missed 2 years or come back so chunky if he was an off-field hard worker

He wouldn’t have missed 2 years or come back so chunky if he was an off-field hard worker
My thoughts exactly .....Milera does look pudgy & he's lost pace & agility

My thoughts exactly .....Milera does look pudgy & he's lost pace & agility
Fat, lazy and happy to collect his overinflated salary. Yet another list management **** up.

Makes a change from telling the world we don't want a player before trading them.
I guess dropping him repeatedly also does this though

Or he didn't accept the apology

Apparently newchurch hasn't ever been on a 30 mile jog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back