Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont just post once.. that’d be silly..

Join in the conversation permanently.

Who cares if every now and then you may get into a heated conversation, have a clash if ideas, have someone call you an idiot etc etc. thats life.

Learning to brush off personal abuse is character building.

As for your comments on Rankine..

They have been saying all year he’s gonna re-sign.. but given how long its been dragging on now there definitely has to be some merit to the comments you have been privy to..

And if the $650 p/y is correct then that means the GCS’s are offering him atleast 50-100k or more less than that..

Considering he is emerging as one of their best players this year… then they are clearly lowballing him.. probably because of their salary cap constraints..

Hopefully $650 is the lower end of the crows offer.. and if gcs end up caving and matching it the crows then blow them out of the water with another even higher offer.. then simply use their huge salary cap space to frontload the hell out of it.

They have salary cap space.. they need to start using it to improve the list, as the current methods of improving the list arent working!
👍 we can teach him/her how to use the ignore button

Draper might eventually be but isn't yet. Actually had had a pretty bad year.

McInerney you could make a case for, and probably that's still true for Nankervis too.

Sides would take O'Brien before Preuss, Reeves and Hickey.
Marshall is so overrated.. he is 26 so should be in his prime. If this is the next then he is the bottom level of average (still above Rob)

he’s a complete spud… he literally should be wearing the opponents colours when he plays, the big unco moron..
I feel that people underrate just how bad he is and how much of an impact it's having. I cringe when I see other sides with mobile rucks who can do a bit of everything and we're stuck with this uncoordinated lumbering oaf.

Getting Grundy would end up like the Gibbs deal, just a stinker that we cant get rid of quick enough
Grundy would be a massive upgrade on ROB. He’s a better ruckman, but more importantly he is dangerous forward, and so we could get Tillthorpe and him sharing the rucking and providing a focal point forward in tandem. Double win really.
there is no reason that Adelaide can’t realistically aim at Grundy, Rankine and JHF. Which we really need to do to make up for the putrid drafting of the last 5 years.

Marshall is so overrated.. he is 26 so should be in his prime. If this is the next then he is the bottom level of average (still above Rob)
Nah he's a very good ruck and his game is further enhanced with his skill set, kicking is excellent for a big bloke as is mobility.

Nah he's a very good ruck and his game is further enhanced with his skill set, kicking is excellent for a big bloke as is mobility.
Statistically his year is comparable to ROB who isn't great...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-121737_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-121737_AFL.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20220723-121718_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-121718_AFL.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220723-121634_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-121634_AFL.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 88
Statistically his year is comparable to ROB who isn't great...
You can throw whatever you like at me...I think Marshall is a good ruckman, not elite but better than most given his mobility and kicking are better than a lot of ruckmen.

You can throw whatever you like at me...I think Marshall is a good ruckman, not elite but better than most given his mobility and kicking are better than a lot of ruckmen.
I'm not meaning he us a terrible ruck. I think he is average as an the middle road of AFL rucks. He is 26 which to be honest surprised me, he is in his prime so we have most likely seen his ceiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys, I’m a long time reader and first time poster, huge crows fan….Needless to say very hesitant posting on a forum like this as I’ve watched others cut down for posting information they’ve heard. I have a source on the goldy who is in business with a current GCS player. They say the current player has said that Rankine to the crows is very much in play … crows offer is 4 years at 650k, apparently Izak is hoping GCS will match the money to stay but the longer it drags on the more likely Izak is to leave and is warming to the idea of heading home to be closer to family. The players have asked Rankine if he is staying and he is being very coy and non committal when asked.
Just passing on what I’ve heard and not wanting to kick a hornets nest! Will likely be my only post on BF
You should retire now with a record like/post ratio. ;)

Newchurch not getting a go in first because of offfield issues. Macasey has checked out completely and will either be delisted or traded ( hardly surprising)

Hi Guys, I’m a long time reader and first time poster, huge crows fan….Needless to say very hesitant posting on a forum like this as I’ve watched others cut down for posting information they’ve heard. I have a source on the goldy who is in business with a current GCS player. They say the current player has said that Rankine to the crows is very much in play … crows offer is 4 years at 650k, apparently Izak is hoping GCS will match the money to stay but the longer it drags on the more likely Izak is to leave and is warming to the idea of heading home to be closer to family. The players have asked Rankine if he is staying and he is being very coy and non committal when asked.
Just passing on what I’ve heard and not wanting to kick a hornets nest! Will likely be my only post on BF
I hope he comes. We need another 10 decent players to push for top 8.

I can confirm aspects of this post. I can also confirm the Crows allegedly did have some concerns about a particular aspect that you posted about.

Thats an absolute fact.

I dont know anything whatsoever if there is an offer by the Crows (or Suns) or what that offer is.

Draper gives away about 3 free kicks a game on average compared to Rob’s 1 as well

Outside of goals ROB destroys him in every facet of the game - it’s not even a comparison at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I've watched Draper carefully this year, I would prefer him to ROB, seems to impact matches a lot more, at least in the ones I've seen. Just my thoughts though. The way he rag dolled ROB near the goal square is also burned into my brain.

I've watched Draper carefully this year, I would prefer him to ROB, seems to impact matches a lot more, at least in the ones I've seen. Just my thoughts though. The way he rag dolled ROB near the goal square is also burned into my brain.
You would prefer him to ROB. That's an understatement. They are chalk and cheese. Draper is a gun and ROB is sanfl level.

Grundy would be a massive upgrade on ROB. He’s a better ruckman, but more importantly he is dangerous forward, and so we could get Tillthorpe and him sharing the rucking and providing a focal point forward in tandem. Double win really.
there is no reason that Adelaide can’t realistically aim at Grundy, Rankine and JHF. Which we really need to do to make up for the putrid drafting of the last 5 years.
Rankine, Horne and Hopper would be a game changer. We may have to give up our next 5 years of firsts though. I think in the NFL you can do that.

Newchurch not getting a go in first because of offfield issues. Macasey has checked out completely and will either be delisted or traded ( hardly surprising)
Maybe if they played him there would be something to pull his head in over instead of SANFL and then a delisting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back