Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez that was awful.

Its clear that "effort" is all we have and as soon as an opposition side applies the same amount of effort we fall apart because, apart from the backline, there is simply no discernable sytem to our play.

Pay the $50k and get rid of Ratten and give the job to Enright - at least he seems to understand the need for a system.

Last edited:

Fell over the line against 19 players from the 13th side. Pop the streamers baby 🎉

Should’ve blown them away, didn’t. Nowhere near where we need to be.
Thank you! It’s like what I said against west coast.

The coaches need to send a rocket up the boys cause next week there’s no training wheels or bowling bumpers. If we play this shit football we’ll be out of finals by quarter time

And yet you get likes from people who say the list is no good.
I think you struggle with this concept but I don't think people are saying it's no good but it's not great and definitely not top four. I mean Hannebery came in tonight and was our third best mid, he hasn't played in a year. It's clear why we want him in the team, because our midfield isn't that good.

Good signs again from kids like Windy and Owens but we can't rely on them to be consistent. Hopefully they become the players we want them to along with Clark but can you honestly look at tonights team and say it's top four worthy?

No idea. You said the crap first. I was just trying to make you feel really average.

The footy club has you covered by a fair bit. Only club that can make a win feel like a loss. They are like getting half a hand job.

I think you struggle with this concept but I don't think people are saying it's no good but it's not great and definitely not top four. I mean Hannebery came in tonight and was our third best mid, he hasn't played in a year. It's clear why we want him in the team, because our midfield isn't that good.

Good signs again from kids like Windy and Owens but we can't rely on them to be consistent. Hopefully they become the players we want them to along with Clark but can you honestly look at tonights team and say it's top four worthy?
Don’t worry. Average means no good for his discussion. For a guy who posts a lot he doesn’t read what’s actually written.

Don’t worry. Average means no good for his discussion. For a guy who posts a lot he doesn’t read what’s actually written.

To be fair there is a fair bit of dross to get through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first few hours of the autopsy thread is always the best, the interesting campaigners slither out from the rock they're buried under, have their say and then back into hibernation for another week
Yes I think metaphorically you just need 'a good jolt'......just a little sick of finding your unnecessary diatribe every time I log in...i just log out ...i guess others must do the same. I used to enjoy the forum and I'd like to find that enjoyment again.. Sure your gang of cronies like to tickle your little peas but in truth much of what you say I find threatening and offensive not necessarily directed at me but much of what you say directed at anyone is not the kind of posting commensurate of a Moderator.

Sometimes people struggle to find the confidence to post ...sometimes they say silly things sometimes obvious....whatever they dont need to be lambasted or ridiculed.

The footy club has you covered by a fair bit. Only club that can make a win feel like a loss. They are like getting half a hand job.
Only for those who are miserable and would prefer us to lose.
I enjoyed that win. High pressure until we ran out of legs coming of 6 days and a Perth gluepot.
Watching Geelong v Dogs and the skills are no better, its called pressure, we were 200 plus for much of the first three quarters, but go ahead and be upset after a win. I will enjoy it, may be the last for the season.

A win was a win for me. You would win a flag and find fault. Surely it’s time for a drunk comment when you make foolish comments.

I see a win against a top side as far better than a win against a bottom side.

I see a struggle against a bottom side, as an indicator that we are out of our league against a top side.

Yes I think metaphorically you just need 'a good jolt'......just a little sick of finding your unnecessary diatribe every time I log in...i just log out ...i guess others must do the same. I used to enjoy the forum and I'd like to find that enjoyment again.. Sure your gang of cronies like to tickle your little peas but in truth much of what you say I find threatening and offensive not necessarily directed at me but much of what you say directed at anyone is not the kind of posting commensurate of a Moderator.
God I am sick of this unnecessary diatribe

Honestly all that mattered was the win. Would have loved to win by plenty but really we weren't losing at any point of that game. Hawthorn had a lot to fight for and yes we didn't put them away which sucked but we won the game we needed to and actually played some of the best footy we have for a long time.

It's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

6 options, nearly all of them completely open. Can you guess which one he chose? Scroll down for the answer.

View attachment 1460807

If you answered, "None. He bombed long to Butler against two defenders", then congratulations, you win the "St Kilda Footy of the Last Decade Award" 🏅
I would genuinely love if you could compile an album of these. There’s a few I’d like to remember

I see a win against a top side as far better than a win against a bottom side.

I see a struggle against a bottom side, as an indicator that we are out of our league against a top side.
Beat Freo, Richmond, Geelong and Carlton, all top 8 teams.
Richmond got beaten by North, they should fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back