Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on an acre , and if i wasn't so lazy it should get a hammering. Its going to have a hard time this year. Weeds are going nuts. Wonder how it goes with blackberries ( nope i think i'll need different measures for blackberries ). I need to get Gringo out here for a look, i think i have some new rare undiscovered weeds that haven't been seen before this year.

It might have been the cord i was using, which was a cheap one, and may have been left outside and exposed to the sun ( gone brittle ) at some point.
I bought a new ryobi head and some of the ryobi line.
Also bought some Sabre power cut thing with plastic pivoting blades to try out.

There was a wind in head at bunnings, but i thought it looked like there was too much bulk below the cutting height, so it would affect the use. The one you mentioned there looks better.

If you've got some of that space-spinach I'll be there tomorrow.

I'm on an acre , and if i wasn't so lazy it should get a hammering. Its going to have a hard time this year. Weeds are going nuts. Wonder how it goes with blackberries ( nope i think i'll need different measures for blackberries ). I need to get Gringo out here for a look, i think i have some new rare undiscovered weeds that haven't been seen before this year.

It might have been the cord i was using, which was a cheap one, and may have been left outside and exposed to the sun ( gone brittle ) at some point.
I bought a new ryobi head and some of the ryobi line.
Also bought some Sabre power cut thing with plastic pivoting blades to try out.

There was a wind in head at bunnings, but i thought it looked like there was too much bulk below the cutting height, so it would affect the use. The one you mentioned there looks better.
I have a lot of ryobi stuff, especially the OnePlus stuff
But their sniippers would be ok if u have 700 sqm of manicured lawn
BlackBerry u might need the blade attachment ???

I have a lot of ryobi stuff, especially the OnePlus stuff
But their sniippers would be ok if u have 700 sqm of manicured lawn
BlackBerry u might need the blade attachment ???

I've got the biggest 4 stroke Honda I could get about 8 years ago and it came with a non bump head that has lasted well but is annoying because you have to manually unwind it most of the time. I use a twisted cord that was the one at the mower shop that they claimed was the toughest. It is grey with a twist and has a core of some kind of metal. It will cut through small black berry plants but breaks on rocks and bricks etc still.

Up in the bush the blackberry seems to re-sprout more vigorously if you don't dig the root out. A mattock seems to be the best fix and I use some big tree loppers to cut all the long shoots off first. The biggest bitch with any cord up there is the head getting wound up in plants and having to pull all the shit off the head to get it to run again.

Here's a good article about the Twitter Files that is quite balanced.

I watched a good show on Trump's term on SBS last night. The US came within a whisker of losing their democracy. A few people held from against the tide. Otherwise there would have probably been a civil war and potentially a slide into autocracy.

I watched a good show on Trump's term on SBS last night. The US came within a whisker of losing their democracy. A few people held from against the tide. Otherwise there would have probably been a civil war and potentially a slide into autocracy.
Some of your best work yet Joff Gringo!

Musk is a fraud and hypocrite, akin to a rich Jordan Peterson. Both appeal to insecure incels. Little wonder Dard is a stan of both of them

I've got the biggest 4 stroke Honda I could get about 8 years ago and it came with a non bump head that has lasted well but is annoying because you have to manually unwind it most of the time. I use a twisted cord that was the one at the mower shop that they claimed was the toughest. It is grey with a twist and has a core of some kind of metal. It will cut through small black berry plants but breaks on rocks and bricks etc still.

Up in the bush the blackberry seems to re-sprout more vigorously if you don't dig the root out. A mattock seems to be the best fix and I use some big tree loppers to cut all the long shoots off first. The biggest bitch with any cord up there is the head getting wound up in plants and having to pull all the s**t off the head to get it to run again.

Yeah if you told people to come up with some asbestos free material that would stall a 25cc engine, they'd probably tell you they need a million dollar research grant. Yet you hit the right tussock blade and it does the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Descending into weirdo boomer territory old chode, seem really threatened by someone praying for someone else? First sign of weirdo boomer syndrome is flipping out when your little sphere of interests is threatened, looks like I struck a nerve 😎

Ninth vote and McCarthy about to fail again.

Who have thought the Republicans aren't conservative enough!!!

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

I got off the train at Gardiner after the cricket. I walk past the PSO and he greets me "good evening" I respond back "morning" before realizing my error and going "no evening"

Clearly the 18 dollar mocktail has gone to my head.

Up in the bush the blackberry seems to re-sprout more vigorously if you don't dig the root out. A mattock seems to be the best fix and I use some big tree loppers to cut all the long shoots off first. The biggest bitch with any cord up there is the head getting wound up in plants and having to pull all the s**t off the head to get it to run again.
Growing up in VIC, the regional property we moved to had a massive black berry issue.
After months/years of attempts to get rid of them, the only solution was purchasing a pet goat.
Goats (not Blake Acres - but the actual animal) are the only animal that digest the black berry plant/seed.
Good looking luck Gringo

Ninth vote and McCarthy about to fail again.

Who have thought the Republicans aren't conservative enough!!!

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
You do realise that at some point we will find out that Morrison has secretly appointed himself as Speaker of the US House of Representatives but told no one.

New favourite word: mononymous.
As in Sunny*** is mononymously known as: Sunny***.

*** = insert name here of individual who is known only by the one name eg: Kimbra, Prince, Ye, Beyoncé.

The Gringo is binomynous like The Beatles. Adds some gravitas and authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back