Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

so many essendon supporters crying over the umpiring.

umpires have literally won then 4 games ths year.

remember that time the unpures forgot what diving on the ball was when draper did is in adelaides forward line? lol spare me

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
efc supporters crying at any time is a good thing.

Don't really watch many of the other games all the way through but I watched the Suns v Pies last night. Great game - the commentators certainly seem to think that Bobby Hill must be the greatest small fwd of all times.

Pity they don't share that love around

Don't really watch many of the other games all the way through but I watched the Suns v Pies last night. Great game - the commentators certainly seem to think that Bobby Hill must be the greatest small fwd of all times.

Pity they don't share that love around

Higgins doesn't get the respect he deserves.

It was mentioned multiple times in the HS when talking about Stengle that he'd be an upgrade on Higgins. They just didn't mention Higgins matches Stengle in every category.

The Richo effect 🤪
Also played Sharman in defence for a bit.

We played him forward.
Sometimes he'd get 2 goals.
Mostly he got 1 or none.
Sometimes he played a full game and got 3 or 4 disposals.

This year he's been incredible, because he strung together 3 two goal games and a 4.
He's still had a 4 disposal zero goal game.

Maybe its better supply from the midfield.

I said I was not a fan of the use of knees a few years ago. A poster who doesn’t seem to be around now called me a ‘something idiot’. Interesting that Moore has collected another victim. Witts has a fractured vertebrae.

I am a bit gun shy of it as a guy at my school died of internal injuries after a game of rugby quite a few years ago. I think where a player comes from a fair way back and drives his knee through an opponent it is not necessary. From close range, rucking for example, it isn’t quite same. Or in a fairly stationary pack. The Petracca one was possibly a bit different. Not sure.

It will take another very serious injury for it be be more looked at. It’s about the only way now left that a player can legitimately injure another player. Was Moore doing that? He gets the benefit of the doubt. Media very quiet. Collingwood?

I know this inflames opinions. But I’m not a fan of the knee coming in at that speed. Absolutely lethal. Petracca’s injuries were likened to a car crash. Witts a big tough unit. If he did that to Collard I hate to think what might happen.

I’ll put my hard hat on.

Last edited:
I have watched both incidents multiple times and from an opposition perspective and a hater of all things Collingwood you kind of hope to find an inkling that Moore was absolutely deliberately in his action .... trying to hurt Petracca & Witts ... but alas when you watch him jump he is purely contesting a ball and jumping with his knee raised in a natural position that you see hundreds/thousands of times each year ... without malice or intent to injury

In fact in both incidents the contact seemed fleeting and innocuous ... hardly him ploughing his knee through their backs or sides

It's been part of the game forever ...and will continue to be

Last edited:
I have watched both incidents multiple times and from an opposition perspective and a hater of all things Collingwood you kind of hope to find an inkling that Moore was absolutely deliberately in his action .... trying to hurt Petracca & Witts ... but alas when you watch him jump he is purely contesting a ball and jumping with his knee raised in a natural position that you see hundreds/thousands of times each year ... without malice or intent to injury

In fact in both incidents the contact seemed fleeting and innocuous ... hardly him ploughing his knee through their backs or sides

It's been part of the game forever ...and will continue to be
I didn’t see the Petracca one live. But I was watching the Witts one. I immediately thought he had hurt him pretty badly. I know this is a polarising topic. I am probably in the minority. But I still think he can jump and spoil without the knee still driving in. Let’s wait for the next one.

Just to clarify. It is not easy to differentiate. I’m not talking about when a player is trying to take a speccy. Riding up on the pack, or leaping more vertically. It’s the driving though the guy. Usually parked under the ball. Probably more in a spoiling attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said I was not a fan of the use of knees a few years ago. A poster who doesn’t seem to be around now called me a ‘something idiot’. Interesting that Moore has collected another victim. Witts has a fractured vertebrae.

I am a bit gun shy of it as a guy at my school died of internal injuries after a game of rugby quite a few years ago. I think where a player comes from a fair way back and drives his knee through an opponent it is not necessary. From close range, rucking for example, it isn’t quite same. Or in a fairly stationary pack. The Petracca one was possibly a bit different. Not sure.

It will take another very serious injury for it be be more looked at. It’s about the only way now left that a player can legitimately injure another player. Was Moore doing that? He gets the benefit of the doubt. Media very quiet. Collingwood?

I know this inflames opinions. But I’m not a fan of the knee coming in at that speed. Absolutely lethal. Petracca’s injuries were likened to a car crash. Witts a big tough unit. If he did that to Collard I hate to think what might happen.

I’ll put my hard hat on.
I think I would prefer Petracca and Witts playing next week.

Raised knees can be added to duty of care. That will reduce incidents and don’t have a huge impact in the overall game.

I think I would prefer Petracca and Witts playing next week.

Raised knees can be added to duty of care. That will reduce incidents and don’t have a huge impact in the overall game.
Far easier to clean up than accidental head contact.

Sure , and the inherent risk goes up if everyone jumps about with their knees and elbows out.
We got rid of the chicken wing long ago.

Darcy spotted doing a bit of extra skills work this morning.

ZDuAY4t.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back