Player Watch Lachlan Murphy - 100 Games!

Remove this Banner Ad

He wants his spot and isn't giving it up without a fight. Throws absolutely everything into it. Those smothers have been exceptional, team lifting

I haven't been a fan of his but he's playing well and won't be dropped in a hurry

Me too!!!! :)

Maybe even GK is starting to soften up?
Crikey that’s an old bump.

He is playing his role well, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I would have liked to see him as small defender.

I don’t believe he’s a small forward like how we played him previously but he is playing his role really well pushing up the ground.

I rate McAdam a lot and that’s why I wanted him in as I believe he would make our forward line insane.

This article might explain Lachie's role in the team currently and why the coaching panel hold in high regard what he brings to the table and also the commitment the bloke has to getting everything out of himself..

No chance he gets delisted at year's end as some suggest.

Wonderful read. Thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This article might explain Lachie's role in the team currently and why the coaching panel hold in high regard what he brings to the table and also the commitment the bloke has to getting everything out of himself..

No chance he gets delisted at year's end as some suggest.

Who has him on the delist pile?

Don’t think I’ve seen any with Murphy.
There's a couple saying delist him. Very unlikely given his games experience & age coming towards his peak years. Oh and the fact he's playing extremely well at present. Wouldn't say he's fully cemented his spot, need a bigger sample size from him but signs right now are all positive.

There's a couple saying delist him. Very unlikely given his games experience & age coming towards his peak years. Oh and the fact he's playing extremely well at present. Wouldn't say he's fully cemented his spot, need a bigger sample size from him but signs right now are all positive.
Yep I agree

We need to wait until the very end of the season to sign him so we aren't accidentally fooled by short term form

I know I’m banging on about him a bit as love an underdog story but when people talk about what he’s doing well they talk about ‘desperation , tackles , Smothers’ etc

Which is all true

But some are underrating his skill which includes super clean ball handling under pressure especially at stoppages and lately he’s been hitting targets nicely by hand and foot and making really good decisions

Hence the score assist and score involvement stats

I know I’m banging on about him a bit as love an underdog story but when people talk about what he’s doing well they talk about ‘desperation , tackles , Smothers’ etc

Which is all true

But some are underrating his skill which includes super clean ball handling under pressure especially at stoppages and lately he’s been hitting targets nicely by hand and foot and making really good decisions

Hence the score assist and score involvement stats

He really really stands out in stoppages, one touch player and very clean with his handballs, very productive. Makes things happens before his opponent can blink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachlan Murphy - 100 Games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back