Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing missus wanted to go look at landscaping stuff.l, when we were at the shop and the fella says that they can't do deliveries for a while as the truck has broken down.

I think I done an exceptional job at hiding my glee that I won't be spending all Saturday shoveling river pebbles.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

******* missus wanted to go look at landscaping stuff.l, when we were at the shop and the fella says that they can't do deliveries for a while as the truck has broken down.

I think I done an exceptional job at hiding my glee that I won't be spending all Saturday shoveling river pebbles.

Cash still useful for quiet favours off landscaping shop blokes

******* missus wanted to go look at landscaping stuff.l, when we were at the shop and the fella says that they can't do deliveries for a while as the truck has broken down.

Hasn't broken Hill got a heap of rocks just lying about all over the place? Why buy them from a shop?

Hasn't broken Hill got a heap of rocks just lying about all over the place? Why buy them from a shop?
They ain't all as nice and smooth as river pebbles.

And probably lead infested.

Or worse.

My parents live on the edge of town, where I grew up, and in the scrub there's a lot of old whatever junk dumped out bush. Did salvaged whatever he could to use around the place. Turned out apparently the rumour is a lot of it contained asbestos that builders illegally dumped.

And really for a tonne of rock it isn't that expensive, and a bloke I played footy with is the manager. I'm getting old and I haven't played footy since I was 19, I need these connections to not feel entirely worthless and remember that once, I didn't suck. I think I've passed that point where I think 'you know I reckon I could still get a game or two or fourty if I returned to playing', I've encountered that miserable acceptance that my early hiatus from playing footy has become a permanent one. I'm over the hill.

(I'm ****ing not though I could easily be a permanent fixture in the b-grade, there's some bloody average footballers around these days, but what's the point? The commitment required is like quadruple that of umpiring with none of the financial return)

Last edited:
Fu4MQlQX0AAcUB2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol I worked for about a year with this dude when I was in Uni. He was a supervisor at Dick Smith Electronics. He tried to sell me steroids while he was there. He ended up getting the sack for undisclosed reasons. Seems he got significantly worse
:joy:

He wasn't nasty, was pretty easy to get along with but was clearly with some bad crowds.

1682934431632.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back