Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I would want to see him leave but what would we get if CJ was to hit the trade table.

Would an offer come through to good to knock back? and who would really make a play for him? He could literally become anything after 60 - 70 games.

Just asking as we have an abundance of rebounding Halfback / Wing tyres players.
Especially if the rumours are that Hawks have offered Doedee a great offer.
We'd get no usable assets, and we'd lose our most marketable player since Cyril. It just doesn't seem like a smart decision at all.

Howdy.

While you guys are waiting for Ramsden to develop, and draft another forward - could Chris Burgess be a reasonable back-up pick?

I know a team 'down the bottom' were after an experienced body to make up numbers for a year or two in the forward line.

I don't know if it's you.

He's 27 - and absolutely tries his heart out every week - can pinch-hit in the ruck, takes a mark and is a reasonable kick for goal.

Look he's no world-beater, but until Ramsden / draftee comes along, he's a fierce competitor, doesn't stop trying, and will give you the 'kick down the line' option and draw a defender off Lewis.

1685065264043.png

His stats aren't great - but they simply don't reflect the blocking,, running and 1% things he does.

As a 193cm 90 kg forward, he will kick a goal or two, and keep a defender honest.

I'm a big fan of Chris - if he was as skilled as he is tenacious, he'd be a lock for any side. All teams need a four quarter competitor.

Last year of contract 2024 - we would let him leave for a set of steak knives

Thoughts (please be kind!)

Last edited:

All this talk about trading pick 3, Brockman and DGB for pick 1 is just trade talk fodder.

The club would never seriously consider trading three potentially 200 plus gamers for one, despite all the hype around Harley Reid.
it’s definitely overs, and brockman is playing like a top 5 pick from his year or on track to be.

I just think this is what Coast will be searching for, two emerging players and a draft pick.

it’s definitely overs, and brockman is playing like a top 5 pick from his year or on track to be.

I just think this is what Coast will be searching for, two emerging players and a draft pick.
They might be searching for it, they may even get it, we just shouldn't be the ones to provide it.

All this talk about trading pick 3, Brockman and DGB for pick 1 is just trade talk fodder.

The club would never seriously consider trading three potentially 200 plus gamers for one, despite all the hype around Harley Reid.

I hope so BUT if Brockman decides that he does want to go home at years end and we cant convince him to stay, we could have a Luke McPharlin type situation happening again. Club then looks at pick 2/3, Brockman and somethin else for pick 1. Personally I would rather have 2/3, Brockman and DGB going forward, interesting times ahead

Let’s hope not anyway

If Clarkson and Wright were still there I'd almost be expecting it to happen.

Thankfully that isn't the case.

We'll be adding two more first round talents to our list in November. We should be damn excited.

Actually, if we can be optimistic for a moment, it could be 4 more first rounders if Lohman and Greshem could be convinced to come over.

I hope so BUT if Brockman decides that he does want to go home at years end and we cant convince him to stay, we could have a Luke McPharlin type situation happening again. Club then looks at pick 2/3, Brockman and somethin else for pick 1. Personally I would rather have 2/3, Brockman and DGB going forward, interesting times ahead
This is where the whole concept gets stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howdy.

While you guys are waiting for Ramsden to develop, and draft another forward - could Chris Burgess be a reasonable back-up pick?

I know a team 'down the bottom' were after an experienced body to make up numbers for a year or two in the forward line.

I don't know if it's you.

He's 27 - and absolutely tries his heart out every week - can pinch-hit in the ruck, takes a mark and is a reasonable kick for goal.

Look he's no world-beater, but until Ramsden / draftee comes along, he's a fierce competitor, doesn't stop trying, and will give you the 'kick down the line' option and draw a defender off Lewis.

View attachment 1696689

His stats aren't great - but they simply don't reflect the blocking,, running and 1% things he does.

As a 193cm 90 kg forward, he will kick a goal or two, and keep a defender honest.

I'm a big fan of Chris - if he was as skilled as he is tenacious, he'd be a lock for any side. All teams need a four quarter competitor.

Last year of contract 2024 - we would let him leave for a set of steak knives

Thoughts (please be kind!)
I doubt he would find a spot, we already have Kosi and Green which fill thats top gap forward role with Serong, Ramsden developing.

Ralphy suggesting exactly what I suggested a couple of days back. It went down like a lead balloon on here. Are you ok? :cool: The bolded below suggests that trade isn't even enough lol

Hawthorn​

This is where it gets interesting because Hawthorn would offer up a pick currently at No.3 and have WA-based talent the Eagles might genuinely be interested in.

Subiaco’s Tyler Brockman and Swan Districts No.6 draft pick Denver Grainger-Barras both fit the age demographic and needs.

Brockman could be anything as a clever, exciting small forward, while Grainger-Barras has not yet lived up to expectations as a strong defensive interceptor.

But if the Eagles list team that watched him so closely as a teen were still in love with him, he is still only 21 and would slot into a succession plan for Jeremy McGovern.

Clearly, it would only be the start of a package for Reid.

And the Hawks are in a similar spot – desperate to maximise all their assets to bring in depth of talent rather than just one quality player per draft.

But Reid, in that midfield alongside Josh Ward, Will Day, Cam Mackenzie and Jai Newcombe, is a mouth-watering prospect.

Last edited:
Ralphy suggesting exactly what I suggested a couple of days back. It went down like a lead balloon on here. Are you ok? :cool: The bolded below suggests that trade isn't even enough lol

Hawthorn​

This is where it gets interesting because Hawthorn would offer up a pick currently at No.3 and have WA-based talent the Eagles might genuinely be interested in.

Subiaco’s Tyler Brockman and Swan Districts No.6 draft pick Denver Grainger-Barras both fit the age demographic and needs.

Brockman could be anything as a clever, exciting small forward, while Grainger-Barras has not yet lived up to expectations as a strong defensive interceptor.

But if the Eagles list team that watched him so closely as a teen were still in love with him, he is still only 21 and would slot into a succession plan for Jeremy McGovern.

And the Hawks are in a similar spot – desperate to maximise all their assets to bring in depth of talent rather than just one quality player per draft.

But Reid, in that midfield alongside Josh Ward, Will Day, Cam Mackenzie and Jai Newcombe, is a mouth-watering prospect.
Notable Hawks board favourite, Jon Ralph. That’s great company you're in!

Clearly Eagles would want Brocky if we wanted to get pick one from them. They'd be mad not to.

Probably DGB too, but he wouldn't have as much currency as fans think on here. He's coming from a long way back, no guarantees there.

I don't really see anything wrong with what Ralphy said. That's probably the cost and perhaps even the dogs second.

But yeah, I don't think the club will actively look at it tbh. Unless Brocky requests a trade home, which others have said won't happen. So great.

Let's get a key forward.

Hawthorn​

Ralph is constantly mocked on here. You sure you want to be using his opinion to back up yours?

Hawthorn​

JON RALPH AS BACKUP 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ralph is using lazy draft logic to fill an article

Two West Australians + Pick 3

Laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back