Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
I have a positive feeling about this week

It's time to inject life into our season and to begin shooting up the ladder.
Yep whatever it takes

He ran out of gas, not ran out the game.
Was not exactly an inspiring outing, looked way off it.
Has shown nothing to warrant a call up
He ran out of gas, not ran out the game.
Was not exactly an inspiring outing, looked way off it.
Has shown nothing to warrant a call up
Which fwd line goal kicking luminaries in the 2’s would you play ahead of him? Fog? Fish? Honey?

Durds injured, Cuners also underdone (though I could live with him ahead of the options)

He will be on limited TOG, we have nothing to lose playing him, that’s how I see it

Unpopular, but if the whispers are Kennedy and JSOS out as well as George still out with concussion then Ed in makes sense to me.
They have no Parish, Shiel and Setterfield so if Ed shuts down Merrett they don't have much in the mids.

I'd be much more disappointed if we played Jack Martin.

Happy with Fish and LOB dropped.

Carlton get their mojo back. Win by 8+ goals.
I hate this ****ing mob.

Unpopular, but if the whispers are Kennedy and JSOS out as well as George still out with concussion then Ed in makes sense to me.
They have no Parish, Shiel and Setterfield so if Ed shuts down Merrett they don't have much in the mids.

I'd be much more disappointed if we played Jack Martin.

Happy with Fish and LOB dropped.

Carlton get their mojo back. Win by 8+ goals.
I hate this ******* mob.
Serious question as I really don’t follow these flogs closely, but, though Shiel played last week, how have they been winning with such a compromised midfield? Huge effort I would have thought, their mids depth must leave us in the dust!

Have Hobbs and Caldwell been THAT good? Or Merrett playing out of his skin?

Which fwd line goal kicking luminaries in the 2’s would you play ahead of him? Fog? Fish? Honey?

Durds injured, Cuners also underdone (though I could live with him ahead of the options)

He will be on limited TOG, we have nothing to lose playing him, that’s how I see it
You do realize playing him under done increases risk of injury & limited TOG just puts extra strain on the other players. Take Fog over him easily (& I’m not a huge fan of Fog), would also take Dow, Kennedy resting forward over him too. Bloke barely shows up when fit, let alone coming off injury, not match fit & little form

No. Zero sense. Play a kid, our season is over anyway. Sick of us persisting with a guy that should've been delisted two years ago.

Last edited:
You do realize playing him under done increases risk of injury & limited TOG just puts extra strain on the other players. Take Fog over him easily (& I’m not a huge fan of Fog), would also take Dow, Kennedy resting forward over him too. Bloke barely shows up when fit, let alone coming off injury, not match fit & little form
Some fair points, time will tell Harry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings Carlton board. I come in peace. Just thought I'd pop in to post links to our board's podcast this week as we had a very special guest in Jeremias on to help preview the game from a Carlton perspective. Skip ahead to roughly 22:18 if you're not interested in our review of the norf game. Cheers and I'd say all the best for the match but we'd both know that'd be a lie so I'll just say hopefully the umpiring isn't a factor either way and nobody gets injured.

Ah, kind of both in regards to the last sentence (combine that with playing some weak teams).

Merrett has been very good, and Hobbs and Caldwell are both natural midfielders who have been mainly limited to half forward flankers when other guys are fit. They’re certainly thriving playing there.

But that’s it. That’s all we got, we’re out of depth behind them. Those 3, Stringer does centre bounces, and Perkins is in a couple. But north tried to take merrett out of the game after 1/4 time which worked very well, and they killed us in the middle from that point on. If that’s the plan for Ed Curnow, it makes sense.
Nice Casey, my daughter’s boyfriend is a Bomber, he’ll be impressed if I quote this 😊

Greetings Carlton board. I come in peace. Just thought I'd pop in to post links to our board's podcast this week as we had a very special guest in Jeremias on to help preview the game from a Carlton perspective. Skip ahead to roughly 22:18 if you're not interested in our review of the norf game. Cheers and I'd say all the best for the match but we'd both know that'd be a lie so I'll just say hopefully the umpiring isn't a factor either way and nobody gets injured.

Nice work Jeremias :thumbsu:

I love Ed he’s been a warrior but seriously this is why we supporters get riled up.

Binns should’ve been an automatic in.

Martin is so underdone should’ve been subbed at best.

I think we know where Fisher is next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Martin selection, smells of a desperate coach trying to save his job.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Interesting it says Dow sub, Carlton page doesn’t name the sub.
Great to see our selection criteria at the forefront again, we are a shambles at the moment
I think it means he was the sub last game and so because he hasn't been included in the 22 it lists him as an out for that reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back