Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
That would make sense if they didn't play Hollands for 2 months too long. They let an Italian greyhound run around with rottweilers. It was always when not if he got injured.

If they were smart they'd give Binns 2-3 weeks before the bye and then asses.
So you're telling me that they played Hollands when they shouldn't have, but now it's "smart' to play Binns when they feel he's not ready.

Am I missing something here? For mine it's "smart" to hold him back until the development coaches feel he is ready, not the match committee.

So you're telling me that they played Hollands when they shouldn't have, but now it's "smart' to play Binns when they feel he's not ready.

Am I missing something here? For mine it's "smart" to hold him back until the development coaches feel he is ready, not the match committee.
Yep you're missing something.

It's smart to reward VFL/training form of an 18 year old.

It's not smart to keep playing him when he's clearly fatigued week in week out where impact injuries are more likely to occur. The more tired you get, the less likely you are to protect yourself properly especially when the oppo players around you have more energy and seasoned bodies.

In conclusion, Binns should be reward with 2-3 weeks of AFL footy. But be held back when his lack of AFL pre seasons inevitably catches up with him.

Call me what you like but it might not be the worst thing if we lose on Sunday. We aren't making finals but having a slim hope looks to be making Voss double down on his conservatism both with selection and game plan.

Might need to be well amd truly out of the running to see him try something different.

I have watched every VFL game this year and no Binns plus the inclusion of Martin is just baffling.

It's not smart to keep playing him when he's clearly fatigued week in week out where impact injuries are more likely to occur. The more tired you get, the less likely you are to protect yourself properly especially when the oppo players around you have more energy and seasoned bodies.

In conclusion, Binns should be reward with 2-3 weeks of AFL footy. But be held back when his lack of AFL pre seasons inevitably catches up with him.
Why's this being laughed at...? This is literally sports science accepted logic and how clubs operate....
Fatigue increases risk of impact injuries, young players fatigue faster.

Good post 👍

Binns will be rewarded, when he is ready, its a good call. you cant' blood certain players that physically arent ready for the cut and thrust. its a slow burn, Patience grass hopper.

I'll spell it out for you....Binns. isn't. being. selected. right. now. because. they. don't. feel. he's. ready.

It has nothing to do with Hollands.

In your terms, Binns will be 'rewarded' when they feel he IS ready, not because he's getting a few kicks in the magoo's or because he's training well. I actually attended all the open training sessions and go along to most VFL games, and I can see where our development coaches are coming from.

And I'll be at the front of the queue fist pumping when he finally does get selected.

I'll spell it out for you....Binns. isn't. being. selected. right. now. because. they. don't. feel. he's. ready.

It has nothing to do with Hollands.

In your terms, Binns will be 'rewarded' when they feel he IS ready, not because he's getting a few kicks in the magoo's or because he's training well. I actually attended all the open training sessions and go along to most VFL games, and I can see where our development coaches are coming from.

And I'll be at the front of the queue fist pumping when he finally does get selected.
All good I just fundamentally disagree that he's not ready.

Just a few kicks is a bit of a misnomer. He's got 30+ in each of his last 3 games. Equal 5th for total disposals across the league and 7th for marks. He's working his ass off and should be rewarded.

Great to see Jack Martin back - look forward to him tearing it up against Essendon, might just be the bit of finishing class we need. :thumbsu:
Avoid The Office GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad idea, their midfield totally falls over after that
Actually I change my mind about this response. Why isn’t someone like fisher for example doing the run with role? Can we actually put some added responsibility on other blokes other than Ed for once?

i don’t mind the Martin selection, he gives us a bit of mongrel and skill.

Now Ed, that’s a crazy Voss move. He’s betting his nuts that Ed will tag Merret out of the game.

Kudos to him if he does and we win. But if it backfires, my god he is going to cop it. I’m really baffled that he would do it.

The listed starting 18 for us this week, 22 years old is the youngest (Walsh and Kemp). I'm no rocket scientist but sitting at 14th on the ladder, surely a sprinkle of youth if not a decent injection of youth is needed.

Saints tonight had 6 either 22 or younger (an 18 year old and a couple 19 and 20 year olds).

I'm confused by us putting Ed (at 33 and a half years old) into the line up whether he has a designated job to do or not. He will probably play an ok game but we are screaming out for some need blood into this slow list and going back to the same old ok types and not giving some younger guys a run or a decent run in fact seems crazy to me. And if Dow is dropped or sub I'll be furious. Play him, there's nothing to lose by playing him and everything to gain (maybe).

I back Voss, but selections like what we continue to see are mind boggling.

Named in the starting 18, not named on the extended bench.

No bearing on the 22 selected, though would be better if that was the case.
Actually I change my mind about this response. Why isn’t someone like fisher for example doing the run with role? Can we actually put some added responsibility on other blokes other than Ed for once?
Have you seen Fishers’ chasing efforts. He’d be gassed in no time + sagging off & Merrett would have 3 votes to his name.

Cotters perhaps? Even Fogarty but probably would need to share duties & to see how he handles the step-up to AFL level.

Meh…ins/outs over last 7 weeks have made bugger all difference. Won’t make any difference this week either.

it’s not where our main issues are.

Changing our game plan/style is what is needed if we are to win.
This! We can agree/disagree with the changes but until the players play with some confidence and work for each other we won't succeed.

No bearing on the 22 selected, though would be better if that was the case.

Have you seen Fishers’ chasing efforts. He’d be gassed in no time + sagging off & Merrett would have 3 votes to his name.

Cotters perhaps? Even Fogarty but probably would need to share duties & to see how he handles the step-up to AFL level.
You don’t know what that added responsibility can do to a player. It could completely change his mindset.

The listed starting 18 for us this week, 22 years old is the youngest (Walsh and Kemp). I'm no rocket scientist but sitting at 14th on the ladder, surely a sprinkle of youth if not a decent injection of youth is needed.

Saints tonight had 6 either 22 or younger (an 18 year old and a couple 19 and 20 year olds).

I'm confused by us putting Ed (at 33 and a half years old) into the line up whether he has a designated job to do or not. He will probably play an ok game but we are screaming out for some need blood into this slow list and going back to the same old ok types and not giving some younger guys a run or a decent run in fact seems crazy to me. And if Dow is dropped or sub I'll be furious. Play him, there's nothing to lose by playing him and everything to gain (maybe).

I back Voss, but selections like what we continue to see are mind boggling.

We also haven’t gone to the draft much over the last 3 years and we’re void of NGA’s that STK raked in.
Durdin & Carroll = injured
Motlop = named
Hollands (inj), Cowan (named), Binns (VFL)
Rest are all talls and projects.
We’ve taken chances on more mature age rookies who are selected in Cincotta & Boyd.
Another 6 recent trades in also named, most more mature too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back