Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
We'll find out, but it certainly looks that way.

On the other hand, we're bringing back plenty of pace and run with a 45 y/o Ed Curnow and a one legged Jack Martin. :drunk:
academy awards oscars GIF

But he is still clearly giving a lot of effort. Selection integrity should still count.

And leaving him in the vfl for the rest of the year means we will get very very little currency for him. It’s dumb on many levels.

How dare you refer to me as dumb …..oh wait , you were referring to Carlton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pray we select Binns (and not as sub) this week. Games are won before the first bounce. Selection is the first step.

Well, preparation and mindset are debateably first but selection has been awful this year.
Update: not looking good. Not only is Dow not getting a proper run after a solid game from his tog, we've recalled Ed, held together by tape Jack Martin and left poor young Binnsy out after being the form VFL player on our list all season.

Yeah yeah Jack and Fish are dropped but if we're not in 'wholesale changes, play some kids, reward the form' territory by now - nothing will change.

Can only pray our bigs run amok and save our shit structures again, pulling the bottom 10 up to scrape a win and keep the season alive.

Hate losing to this scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth I expect to win. Essendon last week looked pretty slow and didn't defend a great deal. Just go over North. I think they played their best footy early and haven't been that great lately.

Our run in hindsight has been reasonably difficult, probably only lost to one middle road to weak team in Sydney who despite form are still reigning runners up.

Caught Richmond up, Geelong down, Crows up, Lions, Dogs, Deas, Pies are just better than us. Swans are our worst loss. Reckon we have the Bombers on the down. We are a bogey side for them. I reckon we win this one.

They looked vulnerable to tall forwards and did not push numbers back a great deal so that happens again away we go. They might change that tactic for us though.

Generally we smash them enough in contested ball and clearances to get the job done.

Dow gets dropped after 30 minutes of game time …

Had
9 disposals
2x Inside 50s (1x score involvement)
2x Rebound 50s
159 meters gained
78% Disposal Efficiency
Yeh he played 34% game time. He would usually play what low 70’s? He was probably on track for 20 or low 20 touch game.
He also got zero clearances and had very low pressure act numbers.
It was a nothing performance. Not good, not bad. Wish he was playing but he didn’t really demand a game.

Only one midfielder named on interchange bench against a team that is moving the ball well will test the midfield run I suppose Cottrell aads a rotation on a wing/HFF
- Motlop dead lucky to not be dropped I suspect last chance disco ...

I'm trying to get my head around Young being named- not surprised one iota by Martin's selection..Marchbank would have been in too if he didn't pull up 'sore' - Cuningham will be in next game..

Dow will be sub - unlucky imo.

I suspect Jack is being rested.

A head nod to Cowan and Fogarty for good VFL form.

Only chance we win is if Charlie and Harry kick 10 between them.

However I expect this to be a heavy loss by more than the usual 4 goals.

63 to 105 with them completely burning our midfield with speed and spread. Something this club isn't interested in adding to their sluggish slow and boring game style.

Hate to say this, probably the first time ever we will lose to * and I won’t care…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back