Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drafting of XON was a mistake on multiple levels though.

1. We took him roughly 20 picks higher than where he was projected and should have gone.

2. We reached for him in large part because he finished first in the foot skills test at the combine(I think he scored 27/30 from memory). This was back when we were still obsessed with taking 150 uncontested marks a game, a game style that is now defuct.
Was that deliberate? I like it and will be adopting!!

I hope Brisbane pummel the Tigers tonight. I can't stand the thought of Richmond arseing their way to finals, coming up against St Kilda or the Dogs in week one and winning.

Dusty out with 'flu like symptoms'

So you may get your wish

Was that deliberate? I like it and will be adopting!!
I remember I was at the drive-in in my PV in the 1980s. I was in the back with my girlfriend. It just happened her older brothers were there watching a movie (which is not what I was doing). They spotted my PV, and started knocking on the back window and side panels. I defuct her pretty quick.

Quibbling over the various shades of mediocrity of late picks is missing the point.

One of the issues facing the club is that you went from Duggan in 2014 to Chesser in 2021 with only 2 other first-round draft picks, with one of those retiring early thanks to concussion and the other being a bit of a bust.

I can't even remember what you gave way exactly for Kelly and what those picks ended up being, but it's the actual lack of first round picks that bites.

Bad luck, okay-ish recruiting and regrettable list management - nothing egregious in and of itself, but together they added up to you effectively going close to a decade with no first tier talent coming in.

Exactly, 💯, spot on! 2 top 10 picks in a decade. Be prepared to tumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0-9 record now for teams coming off the bye against opponents that played the week prior.

If you wanted evidence on how the soft cap is crippling clubs' ability to manage player loads effectively, look no further.

With this in mind, don't be surprised to see Hawthorn, Fremantle and Essendon having "upset" wins this weekend.

I can totally see us conceding another 200 against Brissy next week at the GABBA, lol, lord help us...

Brisbane on back-to-back home matches and a 9 day break.

West Coast travelling to Brisbane on a 6 day break, just 14 days after travelling to Sydney.

In any year that fixture has disaster written all over it - this year however it looms as possibly record-breaking in all the worst ways possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back