Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disturbing. When Matthew is shown the door (and with these utterly bizarre selections he is well on the way to hastening his demise) I can imagine he will be sitting there dumbfounded as to why it has happened, when the evidence is there for anyone to see.

Just madness. A couple of changes and things would be a great deal better, but honestly his way of thinking is just beyond me as to how he believes that midfield is capable of competing for four quarters. Bye now Matthew. Thank you for your efforts but time for someone who has a clue 🤷‍♂️

How I would like us to line-up with this side...

B: Michalanney, Butts, Keane
HB: Smith, Worrell, Nankervis
C: Jones, Dawson, Hinge
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Schoenberg, Laird
I: Milera, Crouch, Sloane, Murphy
Sub: Soligo

Sloane as 3rd wingman/half forward.

Cannot have him in the middle with Crouch & Laird.

Very disturbing. When Matthew is shown the door (and with these utterly bizarre selections he is well on the way to hastening his demise) I can imagine he will be sitting there dumbfounded as to why it has happened, when the evidence is there for anyone to see.

Just madness. A couple of changes and things would be a great deal better, but honestly his way of thinking is just beyond me as to how he believes that midfield is capable of competing for four quarters. Bye now Matthew. Thank you for your efforts but time for someone who has a clue 🤷‍♂️
We'll just replace him with another simp and the cycle will start again. The culture at this club is rotten. Been that way for 25 years.

How I would like us to line-up with this side...

B: Michalanney, Butts, Keane
HB: Smith, Worrell, Nankervis
C: Jones, Dawson, Hinge
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Schoenberg, Laird
I: Milera, Crouch, Sloane, Murphy
Sub: Soligo

Sloane as 3rd wingman/half forward.

Cannot have him in the middle with Crouch & Laird.
Swap RT and Walker let Riley start accepting the responsibility

He might have got a lot of possessions .....I certainly didn't note his game as a standout .....a smart footballer like Soligo will always rack up disposals in the Snaffle ......I was looking for some WOW moments though
How about his mark of the year in the square in the first quarter, with subsequent goal?

Swap RT and Walker let Riley start accepting the responsibility
The 3 tall forwards have been poor the last 2 weeks, so I would hope we mix things up.

Even RT spending stints on a wing.

I though he got a heap of it and was singled out for praise by the coaches
Soligo played as an inside mid and was probably equal third of our four inside mids along with Dowling. Berry was better and Brown was BoG.

Soligo took a while to work into the game but finished the game well which was promising. We dominated the WWT midfield and Strachan was huge so it is hard to say what that means. I hope Soligo is used as the sub and comes back in against Gold Coast

Yes that was good
I didn't think he had that in him.

Not trying to be a club apologist, but I note that he played with the flu last week after his "rest". He played very well, but maybe the effort has taken a bit out of him, or the flu has worsened? I would have rested him last week with the flu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m done. I’m bloody done.

It’s like the big footy board is stuck in a black hole where we are all screaming for common sense but no one is listening. It’s a living nightmare.
After last week ......Crouch was always getting another game .....not sure why people are surprised

I'm also not surprised Cook is going back to the SANFL ......but very happy with Keane, and Max back .....and Schoenberg retained for his pace, to match it with Butters / Rozee

And have waited all week to have another look at Nankervis :)

The 3 tall forwards have been poor the last 2 weeks, so I would hope we mix things up.

Even RT spending stints on a wing.
RT is developing into our next Ruckman.

He is not Max King. One dimensional forward.

Will end up more like a more agile Max Gawn. Smart Ruck craft, a safe pair of hands around the ground. But more capable up forward and better below the knees

A few more preseasons in the gym and he will dominate Ruck.

Gawn is the reason Melbourne won a flag.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Soligo played as an inside mid and was probably equal third of our four inside mids along with Dowling. Berry was better and Brown was BoG.

Soligo took a while to work into the game but finished the game well which was promising. We dominated the WWT midfield and Strachan was huge so it is hard to say what that means. I hope Soligo is used as the sub and comes back in against Gold Coast
Which player has more upside...

If Soligo if not needing to be managed, he needs to be in the side.

Berry should be back in soon too.

Last edited:
So apparantly it’s showdown LIV

Where the party hole at?
Doesn't there have to be a reset of showdown numbering at some point

What happens when we get Showdown 1,200,350 .......it'll just kill the Banner makers

Cats frequently manage players & use them as emergencies.

Smart, because if goes to plan, they have the week off... but can play if a late out.. without the need to have someone from the 2nd not play because you need a reserve.
Boak's been elevated already....not much of a rest if they get an early injury.

In other round 20 team news, Port Adelaide has rested veterans Travis Boak (who will be the sub)

RT is developing into our next Ruckman.

He is not Max King. One dimensional forward.

Will end up more like a more agile Max Gawn. Smart Ruck craft, good in link play capable up forward and a safe pair of hands around the ground.
Nope Will Farrell.gif

Thilthorpe is a FWD / ruck .....he's a very average Ruck

Boak's been elevated already....not much of a rest if they get an early injury.

In other round 20 team news, Port Adelaide has rested veterans Travis Boak (who will be the sub)
If he doesn't get much of a rest this week, then can rest him the following week.

This is why it's smart to rest players before they are run into the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back