Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching tonights game..god I wish we had of made finals. With the exception of the Saints and Sydney, still think anyone can win it..
I still think Giants can absolutely get there. Have won at 10 different venues this year, so playing away doesn’t faze them.

However, this is Brisbane’s flag to lose, will be their best shot at winning it.

Watching tonights game..god I wish we had of made finals. With the exception of the Saints and Sydney, still think anyone can win it..
Would've been good experience, and I am desperate to see us in finals again. However we'd have been playing Carlton at the G, so we'd probably have gotten a free kick count of 22-6 their way, and kicked 7.18 to lose by 2 points.

I still think Giants can absolutely get there. Have won at 10 different venues this year, so playing away doesn’t faze them.

However, this is Brisbane’s flag to lose, will be their best shot at winning it.
Collingwoods imo

Would've been good experience, and I am desperate to see us in finals again. However we'd have been playing Carlton at the G, so we'd probably have gotten a free kick count of 22-6 their way, and kicked 7.18 to lose by 2 points.
Why do people keep thinking we kicked that inaccurately all season? There are only two games where it was that bad (Collingwood and Giants). Our inaccuracy is way overblown on here.

If you are playing a MCG based club in a Grand Final you have to be a 5% better team. That's alot in a game of football. You look at the WC team of the 2018 premiership. Talent wise Collingwood weren't in the same ballpark but yet they got within a goal.
And even then if it weren’t for a certain tall American the flag would’ve gone to another MCG tenant (tiges)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I do apologise The Perfect Stranger. I didn’t mean to cause offence, it was just a bit of fun, after how much you talk up Port’s midfield, I was surprised to see you refer to Melbourne as such 😀 I genuinely meant no harm, but at the end of the day it isn’t my teams board so I shouldn’t overstep.

I guess (and it is my issue) I get frustrated as I have genuine belief in what the AFC are doing, I think overall things have been fairly sound in terms of your overall drafting, trading and list management over the last 2-3 years (Sloane new contract aside of course!), but then I see an almost obsession over what Port do and how good they are etc. You are not that far off them 🤷‍♂️ A visit to their board reveals all. They hate their coach, hate their chairman, hate the board, hate the CEO etc. A long winded post I know and I totally get it, a lot of the thoughts here are a byproduct of some disappointment and down times, but your club is still a good one and has the potential to be a challenger/contender again. I do believe that. What Port do shouldn’t matter.

Anyway again I apologise for any offence caused.

Nervy for the weekend. I have absolute no faith or trust in Brisbane. They have a big monkey on their backs. Maybe they have changed. We can only hope 😀

Why do people keep thinking we kicked that inaccurately all season? There are only two games where it was that bad (Collingwood and Giants). Our inaccuracy is way overblown on here.
Haha, it was used by posters to defend Nicks coaching “he can’t take the blame for players losing games with poor goal kicking”

Hyperbole for comic effect. I don't really think the free kick count would've been 6-22 either.

I truly do think however that we'd have lost with more scoring shots.

Both Collingwood games? We kicked 11.14. Against Brisbane, 13.15. There is no team in the comp kicking above 50% each and every week, those scores are not that bad.
I thought i saw a stat about the trend being bad. Have to admit if anyone asked I would have put us down for a bad goal kicking season.

I guess we remember the ones the burnt, like the loss to Collingwood

No, I do apologise The Perfect Stranger. I didn’t mean to cause offence, it was just a bit of fun, after how much you talk up Port’s midfield, I was surprised to see you refer to Melbourne as such 😀 I genuinely meant no harm, but at the end of the day it isn’t my teams board so I shouldn’t overstep.

I guess (and it is my issue) I get frustrated as I have genuine belief in what the AFC are doing, I think overall things have been fairly sound in terms of your overall drafting, trading and list management over the last 2-3 years (Sloane new contract aside of course!), but then I see an almost obsession over what Port do and how good they are etc. You are not that far off them 🤷‍♂️ A visit to their board reveals all. They hate their coach, hate their chairman, hate the board, hate the CEO etc. A long winded post I know and I totally get it, a lot of the thoughts here are a byproduct of some disappointment and down times, but your club is still a good one and has the potential to be a challenger/contender again. I do believe that. What Port do shouldn’t matter.

Anyway again I apologise for any offence caused.

Nervy for the weekend. I have absolute no faith or trust in Brisbane. They have a big monkey on their backs. Maybe they have changed. We can only hope 😀
We all get a bit touchy at times

No way Maynard should be suspended.

Also, slight concern that Brayshaw, with his history of concussion, can be knocked out with that action.

Maynard wasn't going that fast, leaping up to smother. Not at Brayshaw to hit him. So the contact not that hard, compared to an actual bump.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back