Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I do apologise The Perfect Stranger. I didn’t mean to cause offence, it was just a bit of fun, after how much you talk up Port’s midfield, I was surprised to see you refer to Melbourne as such 😀 I genuinely meant no harm, but at the end of the day it isn’t my teams board so I shouldn’t overstep.

I guess (and it is my issue) I get frustrated as I have genuine belief in what the AFC are doing, I think overall things have been fairly sound in terms of your overall drafting, trading and list management over the last 2-3 years (Sloane new contract aside of course!), but then I see an almost obsession over what Port do and how good they are etc. You are not that far off them 🤷‍♂️ A visit to their board reveals all. They hate their coach, hate their chairman, hate the board, hate the CEO etc. A long winded post I know and I totally get it, a lot of the thoughts here are a byproduct of some disappointment and down times, but your club is still a good one and has the potential to be a challenger/contender again. I do believe that. What Port do shouldn’t matter.

Anyway again I apologise for any offence caused.

Nervy for the weekend. I have absolute no faith or trust in Brisbane. They have a big monkey on their backs. Maybe they have changed. We can only hope 😀
No need to apologize mate Shuestar13. Complete overreaction on my part. Port being a genuine contender has rattled me. Hate the ****s. Happy Friday!

No need to apologize mate Shuestar13. Complete overreaction on my part. Port being a genuine contender has rattled me. Hate the ****s. Happy Friday!
Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

Where is the onus on Brayshaw to protect himself?

Maynard didn’t surprise Bradshaw from behind while I was walking without the ball… he approached him face on as he was running in a straight line towards goal. Surely Brayshaw has a responsibility to protect himself and could have stopped or changed path to avoid the guy in the air.

Maynard didn’t surprise Bradshaw from behind while I was walking without the ball… he approached him face on as he was running in a straight line towards goal. Surely Brayshaw has a responsibility to protect himself and could have stopped or changed path to avoid the guy in the air.
He changed path into Maynard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought i saw a stat about the trend being bad. Have to admit if anyone asked I would have put us down for a bad goal kicking season.

I guess we remember the ones the burnt, like the loss to Collingwood
I guess if that's a bad goal kicking season, then if we can become more accurate we will be the highest scoring team in the league by some margin!

This can’t be serious

Prison bars for PA anyone.
I get the impression Goyder has been on the nose for a while, both with Qantas and the AFL commission

I'm a bit conflicted by this. It was floated last year that Eddie may be an option as an appointment to the commission as well.

Perhaps having someone who has a better understanding of the challenges of interstate clubs would be a bonus?

I doubt the commission would get involved in a debate on guernseys. That seems to fall back to the AFL executive.

Yes of course the player with the ball.

Maynard didn’t just go up to smother he went forward. His intention was clear.

I have no doubt he will get off but if we see the same occurrence of this next year (which we will) then so be it.
Yes because he was running, he wasn’t on the mark, that’s what you do go towards the footy.
If brayshaw didn’t fall off to the side after the kick they would have missed each other.

That's what I was wondering. At what point is he expected to be take some responsibility. Surely he sees Maynard jumping in the air in front of him, yet on the footage he appears oblivious and just waits to cop the contact without bracing. Was he trying to milk a downfield free? Not trying to victim blame but he could hardly have been surprised by the contact, yet barely attempted to brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back