List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Goldstein talk is just stupid. He's far more valuable to North. And why would we bother? He's 36 next year. Look how J. Frawley fell off a cliff when we picked him up as FA. If we think we're not going to persist with Campbell, and need a backup in case Marshall goes down and Heath isn't ready, just pick up someone like S. Hayes for nothing.

Is Ross trying to recreate the Ryder and Marshall gimmick with Goldy and Marshall?

To be completely honest lets go out of the box and have Goldy play the ruck and Marshall as a rover.

Let’s be honest Marshall was probably our best midfielder this year anyways.
Two rucks was a Ratten obsession and a waste of a spot in the team. Can’t see Ross going with that rubbish, the Gawn and Grundy experiment should be a nice reminder for all that two #1 rucks don’t work.

His 20 disposals is not an improvement over Ross 20 disposals,
Which he went of injured twice early I think he’s usually good for 25 or so.

Not saying I wouldn’t take Jordan especially if it doesn’t cost much but just your call is off the mark there.
This is Ross

1694576076953.png

This is Jordan across 22 and 23. Alot more sub appearances this season for Jordan. But a very strong 22'.

1694576183401.png
One player is currently 30.

The other is 23 in December.

So, no i don't think i am far off the mark here. If Jordan was fully fit and on form. I think he would be a decent addition and someone you would hope is eyeing off Ross's spot.

Surely we’re not going to go against our one ruckman strategy by playing Goldstein & Marshall.

Surely we’re not trading in Goldstein and trading out Marshall.

So why would we be linked to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goldstein will be 35 or 36? It would most likely be a one year thing appointment. I’m surprised too. Maybe he is happy playing VFL like Campbell and be ready just in case Marshall goes down.

Edit - turning 36 in July. He might be happy just being on an AFL list.

Ross Lygon mentioned Coffield as being near the 22 as recent as R20, so we seem to rate him (FWIW).
To be fair RTB really hasn't had a chance to have a good look at Coffield other than in the rehab room, on the track and a few VFL games. Hard to make a judgment.

Bytel, Connelly, Peris & Adams all played the majority of the year, even if it was mostly at Sandy. Whether we agree with all the delistings or not you can't say that those in charge of making these decisions didn't have a sufficient body of work available to them.

Two rucks was a Ratten obsession and a waste of a spot in the team. Can’t see Ross going with that rubbish, the Gawn and Grundy experiment should be a nice reminder for all that two #1 rucks don’t work.
King Gardiner 09

Gardiner Mcevoy Kosi 10

Sandilands Clarke 13'

Ross Lyon Grand Final sides

Ross Loves having 2 rucks.

King Gardiner 09

Gardiner Mcevoy Kosi 10

Sandilands Clarke 13'

I don’t think you can point to examples from 10-14 years ago and say it applies today. Didn’t do it once this year or in his last couple of years at Freo.

Should be looking at Sharp, must be a bunch of talent at Suns wouldn’t mind moving
Wouldn't look at Sharp tbh. Looks Freo bound and plays the wing like Henry.
He doesn't seem to have a lot of AFL quality traits that make him stand out either

Surely we’re not going to go against our one ruckman strategy by playing Goldstein & Marshall.

Surely we’re not trading in Goldstein and trading out Marshall.

So why would we be linked to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He'd be cheap & decent back-up, should Marshall fall

We've probably just asked the question since Goldy would be a step up from Campbell.

I doubt we are looking to a 35 year old ruck for a main structural piece moving forward.
Makes sense since someone posted about Campbell's list spot being provisional based on what happens with player movement.

Doubt he'd come to play at Sandy though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont think he's improved his worth since we traded for him. best you'd hope for is swapping picks. so we go up a couple, but cant see sydney being that desperate. sounds like grundy is a done deal which makes getting their 2nd rounders hard, unless theyre splitting their pick.

I think he'd hold value or have increased. The hysteria about him on here is OTT....he makes some mistakes as do most AFL players. He's one of very few available KP backs and he's a regular exposed AFL player. He was depth at Port, he'd be best 22 at at least three clubs next year and there will be demand. Before Lyon he was highly rated on here as well.

Would allow us to swap them between Ruck and Forward line.

we would actually gain from that and lose nothing in the ruck whilst giving us 2 very different type of ruckmen during the game.

we 100% need a more seasoned option next to King.

Neither are good forwards but I guess structurally it gives a spiller to feed the smalls.

And. With Melbourne where they are now. Do you think they would rather

5, 15, 24, 34 or

4, 5
Melb will get pick 4 from Gold Coast , reason being Grundy will be offloaded to Swans which will give them pick 11 which they will then bundle up with pick 15 and 24 --- which will give them all the points needed to grab there 3 Academy players they could all be in the first round.
11 , 15 , 24 , 28 , 31 , 42 , 47 - they lose pick 4

Then again GWS could come into the picture with pick 6 and 12

We just can't match what they can offer draft wise.

King Gardiner 09

Gardiner Mcevoy Kosi 10

Sandilands Clarke 13'

It's a different era now. I hope we don't do it unless we reserve him for the games against dominant rucks, bring him in to face Witts types then back to the VFL when not needed.

I don’t think you can point to examples from 10-14 years ago and say it applies today. Didn’t do it once this year or in his last couple of years at Freo.
I think you should do your research.

2019 - Sandiland Darcy Lobb Jones
2018 - Sandilands Darcy Jones Apeness
2017 - Sandilands Clarke Griffin
2016 - Sandilands Clarke Griffin Apeness Hannath
2015 - Sandilands Clarke Griffin Hannath
2014 - Sandilands Clarke Griffin Apeness Hannath
2013 - Sandilands Clarke Griffin Moller Hannath
2012 - Sandilands Clarke Griffin

and Lloyd Meek was on the list for a few of those seasons.

thats ALOT of ruckmen or Ruck/Forwards.

Ross likes to use 2.

All he had with us this year was Marshall, Campbell and Heath... Keeler at an absolute push.

Night and Day difference in quality on his list this season as opposed to any year he had at Freo.

Last time around with us as we contended.

Stanley Mcevoy King Gardiner Kosi

Melb will get pick 4 from Gold Coast , reason being Grundy will be offloaded to Swans which will give them pick 11 which they will then bundle up with pick 15 and 24 --- which will give them all the points needed to grab there 3 Academy players they could all be in the first round.
11 , 15 , 24 , 28 , 31 , 42 , 47 - they lose pick 4

Then again GWS could come into the picture with pick 6 and 12

We just can't match what they can offer draft wise.
There's no way that Grundy is being shipped for pick 11, he only got traded for 27 last year and has gone down in value with age and performances

Neither are good forwards but I guess structurally it gives a spiller to feed the smalls.

It's a different era now. I hope we don't do it unless we reserve him for the games against dominant rucks, bring him in to face Witts types then back to the VFL when not needed.
It was only 12 months ago we were getting the plaudits with pretty clear stats saying when Marshall and Ryder both play we win alot more then we lose.

i think you could play both Goldstein and Marshall.

Infact, i think it gets King out of Full Forward and you can sit one ruck resting deep. You can let Caminiti or Sharman roam around.

lots of ways to cut this.

i like it.

IDC what we do this trade period regarding chasing the names being thrown around as long as it doesn't take our first round pick.

Thus far it feels like we are raiding salvo bins.
thats exactly what you do when you want to keep your first rounder and all the free agents are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back