List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
And we are in the same boat with 95% overpaying gops, and then they think they are worth that on the open market.
Always thought 4 years for Billings was two years too many.
Gres on 800k? Lol

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know. That’s the problem.
Hopefully they’d use it to beef up players who are going to be demanding more on their next contracts.

Am I looking at Simpkins huge hoss…
Or the fact that trading for Clarry means $1m tied up for the next 6 years in stupid behaviour such as the above and….

“Suggestions that Oliver's foot became infected after he tried to tattoo himself earlier in the year were neither confirmed nor denied by the club when SEN.com.au made formal contact on Tuesday.”

Or the fact that trading for Clarry means $1m tied up for the next 6 years in stupid behaviour such as the above and….

“Suggestions that Oliver's foot became infected after he tried to tattoo himself earlier in the year were neither confirmed nor denied by the club when SEN.com.au made formal contact on Tuesday.”
I genuinely think I’m still burned by Lovett..

Hahahaha. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh hahahahahahha. HAHAHA. aaahhhhh, I needed that laugh.

A couple of blokes not even in their best 22 and a future first round pick for one of the best players in the comp. Hoooooo eeeeeee. That's good stuff. The Carlton arrogance is back.
And one of them doesn't even have a contract beyond this year either, hahaha

We were a couple of wins off top 4 as it is. I'd rather not sell the farm for a top 4 possie. Any of the deals Melbourne would accept would sabotage our long term growth strategy, just for one player.

We should be doing what Melbourne are doing. That's what good clubs do. Sacrifice one player that most of the league would offer stupid money for to get, bring in a draft haul. One step back, three steps forward.
Cap is going up significantly, top 4 give you a chance for the flag, he puts us in that conversation, if it costs draft capital so be it. He’s 27 all I’m saying is they should be definitely inquiring..

Canvassed moving him out of his camberwell home and in with his captain Max Gawn

Al Pacino Snow GIF by MOODMAN

(Clarry Oliver)
Infected foot from home-job tattoo, fella is moments away from splitting the atom, just let him cook!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver would be a great get and if he wanted to stay in Melbourne, we'd probably be the best fit but I don't think we have the currency to entice Melbourne if they want something to help get pick 1 off West Coast.

If Gresham was band 2.

And you traded a Howard for a first.

Would you trade 2 firsts of the 3 we have for Oliver?

We’d have to do our due diligence. But if Oliver passed that, was motivated, and wanted to play for us, then the answer is probably yes. But it’s risky. Lots of ‘if’s’ to answer.

Are we close enough to the top of the summit for Oliver to propel us there? Is there enough organic growth in the list for Oliver to be that valuable for us?

Does Oliver’s presence lift Steele and Crouch to new levels? Does Oliver help Dow to have a break out season and become the player he promised to be when drafted?

Oliver is also approaching 27. Not old but in the second half of his career. A similar age to Steele. Maybe he needs a change that would benefit both his football and his life.

Again, ATM it’s hypothetical. I don’t think any of us really know. We’d need to back-in our people to make the correct decision. But if they decided to do it then I’d support their judgement.

Oliver would be a great get and if he wanted to stay in Melbourne, we'd probably be the best fit but I don't think we have the currency to entice Melbourne if they want something to help get pick 1 off West Coast.
Article says or pick 4.

12 and our future first for Oliver

12/13/stk future first for GC pick trumps the dogs

In all honesty if he's partaking a little too heavily in the nasal refreshments at the least and going off the rails a bit with other substances at owrst, this is where you need a strong leadership and coaching group to step up, and also put the word out less officially to anyone not to give him any nose candy. As in, you will get some Big Bob Bikie looking *er to kick the head in of anyone trying to sell him gear. Every club has got some blokes with connections.

Not uncommon for injured players with buckets of cash to get a bit sniff happy have heard a few stories, but it's fixable you'd think.
Exactly. We don't have a strong enough leadership group to deal with this. Remember Roo's comments around the time we were first linked to JDG? Stilll relevant.

Honestly given the Dees tolerated Steven May's antics last year, it makes you wonder what Clarence has done to **** them off so bad?

Article says or pick 4.

12 and our future first for Oliver

12/13/stk future first for GC pick trumps the dogs
It would be worth it to have a player of Oliver's quality but 3 first rounders just seems like a lot given he must have some risk element if they are willing to part with him. He's worth abandoning our strategy but we've been very set on drafting that we might not be up for it.

And that's even if we get pick 13 which is seeming less likely now based on the latest reports.

It would be worth it to have a player of Oliver's quality but 3 first rounders just seems like a lot given he must have some risk element if they are willing to part with him. He's worth abandoning our strategy but we've been very set on drafting that we might not be up for it.

And that's even if we get pick 13 which is seeming less likely now based on the latest reports.
Pick 13 is the dees pick.

I was offering our 12 and our future first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back