List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That may have already happened ...... that post suggests Elixuh is having a "Medical Episode" ..... quite common now, they tell me.
Perhaps he should report it on the TGA website with the rest of the adverse reactions to 'medical episodes' ... although I doubt Clarry's is on there!

Henry Smith looks very slow and lumbering, whatever he can do forward and/or in the ruck he will be a massive liability on transition.

The training sessions I saw at Yeronga in his first off season he was way at the back of the pack in any running drills, I hope to be surprised by his improvement from what I saw then to next season.

It really is a problem ENTIRELY of Fagan's own making. There has been nothing positive to vindicate the decision to pick him up in the first place and then to compound the error, sign him to a two year deal. To characterize Gunston's arrival, performance and impact at our club as anything other than a complete fiasco is completely risible.
Not true at all. During his "training block" he spent a lot of time with Joe and Eric particularly, and the quality of our ball movement went through the roof. It seems far too coincidental that this happened while Jack was essentially playing a pseudo-forwards-coach role.

Consider yourself risen.

Not true at all. During his "training block" he spent a lot of time with Joe and Eric particularly, and the quality of our ball movement went through the roof. It seems far too coincidental that this happened while Jack was essentially playing a pseudo-forwards-coach role.

Consider yourself risen.
I have always been risenable

Consider yourself risen.
WCE & Dees game the following week aside, it seems like we got the best out of him more as a advisor, & sometimes decoy, for our big key forwards. Happy for him to stay as a back-up/fwd coach, certainly won't begrudge him for leaving, racked up less than 10 touches in over half the games he ran out for us.

If North can't find anyone to take their end of first round future picks, there is potentially a deal available. We can work our future first, Gunston, his salary everything and hope to extract good value through North's 2024 end of first and second round picks.

Gunston has Clarkson connection anyway so he can still go and be their on field coach or development coach etc.
Already traded. Sydney has 19, and Gold Coast has 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Age: Jack of all trades: Mystery surrounds a possible Gunston return to Hawthorn

My position here - if we are trading him to Hawks and Richmond, they can have him for basically nothing. If it is the Dees, then I'd be belligerent or demand something silly. I don't think he has anything left, but no reason to give them even the slimmest of chances to strengthen a direct competitor.
This is starting to look like a hailmary from Gunston and his manager to get back to Melbourne after seeing Dees knocking Tom Hawkins door.

Former Hawk Ben Dixon said he’s predicting Gunston to kick 50 goals for Brisbane this year, given the service he’ll get from the Lions mids.

“He will trip over 50 goals next year,” Dixon predicted.
Brisbane’s bargain: How Lions let $3m free agent walk and got ‘a better player’ for cheap

1697225281740.jpeg

I predict that Ben Dixon’s trade and draft predictions will be henceforth be viewed as the ramblings of a madman.

Last edited:
The mods told me off for calling Gunston Gone-ston but I wonder if I can now
call him nearly Gone-ston
Leaving Episode 14 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

The mods told me off for calling Gunston Gone-ston but I wonder if I can now
call him nearly Gone-ston
Leaving Episode 14 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race
Yep, we have rules on this board, they're clearly enumerated in a stickied post, and denigrating players with childish nicknames is clearly disrespectful. I'm not going to cut out exceptions for specially assigned players.

If being held to a consistent standard upsets you, you've got plenty of other places you can post without repercussions.

But he wants to go does he not ??

Personally I'm happy to see him go and I'm sure we'll have a Plan B in place somewhere once it eventuates.

Things won't be that much different to had he stayed on the list. We've got hybrid type players in Rayner and Lester.

The issue is if one of our 2 talls gets injured and even from what we have the options are likely to be better than Gunston.

The Dee's would have to be interested in Gunston. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a play. Could work out ok.
Fingers crossed.

They're looking for answers as to why they're not winning flags when they're so much better than anyone else. But I really doubt Goody would fall for it. They've already taken Fullarton. Gunston as well you would think is Crossing the Rubicon.

The Dee's would have to be interested in Gunston. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a play. Could work out ok.
Fullerton would rightly feel he was being stalked if Gunston turned up at Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back