List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But he wants to go does he not ??

Personally I'm happy to see him go and I'm sure we'll have a Plan B in place somewhere once it eventuates.

Things won't be that much different to had he stayed on the list. We've got hybrid type players in Rayner and Lester.

The issue is if one of our 2 talls gets injured and even from what we have the options are likely to be better than Gunston.
100% Agree.

Fingers crossed.

They're looking for answers as to why they're not winning flags when they're so much better than anyone else. But I really doubt Goody would fall for it. They've already taken Fullarton. Gunston as well you would think is Crossing the Rubicon.
Fitzroy should look at picking Gunston up, now that they are in A-Grade in the VAFA. He would get a regular game there.

I forgot about him.

Injuries cruelled his season again but he'd be perfectly capable in the role if we trained him for it.
The other obvious player is Rayner. After this pre-season, if can’t get himself in the shape required to play a sustained midfield role, then he plays as a permanent half forward and only a permanent half forward. He should then be judged on his output and not be immune from consequences for repeated poor or inconsistent form.

Well if a trade cannot be done and Gunston stays, he's shot himself in the foot. What incentive do we have to play him after this when a spot in the top 23 was already tenuous at best?

I actually really hope we stick with the two talls and four smalls line up as that is a strength for us.
Fagan is still there. We can mend this and get Gunston to play. This is a team with another finals run potentially, Gunston will have a point to prove if he comes back for the last year.

Fagan is still there. We can mend this and get Gunston to play. This is a team with another finals run potentially, Gunston will have a point to prove if he comes back for the last year.
He'd definitely have a big point to prove. In my view he was pretty much shot in his last year at the Hawks but let's see if that's not the case.

Just looking through our list we have quite a few options except if a tall went down and we wanted to stay tall that's problematic for us unless we thought Fort could somehow fill a role. Payne could do it but he's too important where he is. I don't think Gunston would be any answer anyway so we're not actually worse off.

A shame we couldn't get Fullarton up for the job but if Gunston had given a little bit of notice he might still be there.

But he wants to go does he not ??

Personally I'm happy to see him go and I'm sure we'll have a Plan B in place somewhere once it eventuates.

Things won't be that much different to had he stayed on the list. We've got hybrid type players in Rayner and Lester.

The issue is if one of our 2 talls gets injured and even from what we have the options are likely to be better than Gunston.
To me this is all the more reason to get our ball movement right over summer.

Remember last preseason, a large portion of this was spent working on our team defence. This probably still needs a bit of work, particularly up the ground, but surely we should be able to spend a bit more time on our ball movement. And we will have the best training guide possible: the Grand Final.

If we are able to get our ball movement right, it won't matter how many (or how few) tall forwards we have. Remember, Collingwood just won a premiership and had 30 scoring shots with Frampton playing a negating role and very little, in any sense, from Mihochek. It CAN be done!

I had a dream we went after Hawkins
Re-signed. But if there was ever a geriatric we would spend silly money on for 1-2 years to snatch a flag, it would be him.

If we had the space and he had the desire to top up his pension fund, I’d happily give him $800k for a year.

Sure, he may break down in his first game, but that’s a fair price to gamble as a missing link for a flag.

Imagine if we had a contested marking beast in our forward 30 + his forward ruck work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to lie, Gunston asking to be traded to Hawthorne, without talking to Hawthorne prior, in the middle of the trade period, without notifying the team he's playing for, screams average.

I understand that he's had a rough time with his family stuff, and is at the end of his career, but it looks like he wanted a quick 4th premiership then wanted to head back home. If the club knew about this beforehand, we may have fought harder to keep Fullerton or tried to organize another forward this trade period.

Now it looks like we'll be down a couple of list spots with no key forward depth if Hippy or Daniher go down.

VFL watchers, got a question for you.

What have you thought of Smith, Lane and Fort this season? Can any of them play forward well? I know all three of them are considered forward rucks on the personnel sheet, just thinking about options. I don't think there are any second-league forwards or delisted agents in the forward half worth picking up this year.

I'm not going to lie, Gunston asking to be traded to Hawthorne, without talking to Hawthorne prior, in the middle of the trade period, without notifying the team he's playing for, screams average.

I understand that he's had a rough time with his family stuff, and is at the end of his career, but it looks like he wanted a quick 4th premiership then wanted to head back home. If the club knew about this beforehand, we may have fought harder to keep Fullerton or tried to organize another forward this trade period.

Now it looks like we'll be down a couple of list spots with no key forward depth if Hippy or Daniher go down.
Always dangerous to believe everything reported in the Media - what has actually happened and how much Fages and the Club knew about Jack’s desire to return to Melbourne is really an unknown. The whole thing is really odd…

Re-signed. But if there was ever a geriatric we would spend silly money on for 1-2 years to snatch a flag, it would be him.

If we had the space and he had the desire to top up his pension fund, I’d happily give him $800k for a year.

Sure, he may break down in his first game, but that’s a fair price to gamble as a missing link for a flag.

Imagine if we had a contested marking beast in our forward 30 + his forward ruck work.

Think of all the free kicks we would get

As opposed to any other Party?

I thought Stevo was a journo. Not doing it any more ?

Left channel 7 a few years ago to work for Michael o’brien, then o’brien got dumped within a few months. Now works for the vic nationals and does a bit of stuff for RSN.

My comment on the vic libs is nothing to do with political views, and everything to do with how much in-fighting and failure they’ve demonstrated. Whatever anyone thinks of labor under Andrews, there’s a brutal efficiency there.

Gunston + 51+ 61 for Fergus Greene + F3

Fullerton would rightly feel he was being stalked if Gunston turned up at Melbourne.
Just when Fullerton thought he was finished with Gunston’s learnings.

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Interesting...

Saw a couple of games he played at AFL/VFL level. 200 cm, can take a mark, relatively agile at ground level give his size.

From his perspective, he'll be 26 heading into next season and Hawthorn are bringing in Chol +/- Gunston into their forward line. Like us they don't have a ton of KPF depth though (with Kosi going) so I imagine they may want to keep him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back