List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

I don’t mind how we’ve n managed our ruck situation
Soldo for a couple of decent picks and then bring in a backup for nothing.
Seems like smart list management to me
Only smart list management if it works.
For what it's worth, I like the idea of Naismith, but with our injury management as of late, bringing in an injury prone ruck man doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If it works we will look like geniuses.

I don’t mind how we’ve n managed our ruck situation
Soldo for a couple of decent picks and then bring in a backup for nothing.
Seems like smart list management to me
His playing history doesn't fill me with confidence

Only smart list management if it works.
For what it's worth, I like the idea of Naismith, but with our injury management as of late, bringing in an injury prone ruck man doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If it works we will look like geniuses.
well worth the risk, Soldo will be entering next season as a 28 year old and has also had some major injuries.
He was never going to be the long term answer. And may very well have played behind the Nank/Ryan combination.
Naismith is cover, nothing more.
It’s all about improving our draft hand

Naismith on a 1 year contract is a pretty good free hit. I like that one better than Colina or the other Basketball giant, who to me seem like wasted choices
Remember the last time we brought in an ex Sydney ruckman

Nicolas Cage Hair GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naismith on a 1 year contract is a pretty good free hit. I like that one better than Colina or the other Basketball giant, who to me seem like wasted choices
The two Cat B rookies are almost a free hit, not a waste, although Colina’s back has been an issue. Surely they assess that before extending his arrangement

Why are we looking? Or as the pic shows...NOt looking .

we don't need late mature players, we need kids at similar ages to grow into the next premiership team.
You can't have a list full of kids, we have Ryan but he is still raw and will hit the wall hard again unless we give him a chop out mid season. Bringing in Naismith for insurance allows us to do that.

Last edited:
I think Graham is destined for Port Adelaide.
He is a free Agent so they won’t need to give up draft capital after trading pretty aggressively for JHF, Soldo, Ratugolea. Boak will retire and I can see Ollie Wines being traded to a Geelong or Collingwood, leaving midfield minutes for Graham. Graham has had interest in going to port before, when the arrival of Taranto and hopper meant he was going to be pushed out of the midfield, but then port saw an opportunity to get JHF.

He is a free Agent so they won’t need to give up draft capital after trading pretty aggressively for JHF, Soldo, Ratugolea. Boak will retire and I can see Ollie Wines being traded to a Geelong or Collingwood, leaving midfield minutes for Graham. Graham has had interest in going to port before, when the arrival of Taranto and hopper meant he was going to be pushed out of the midfield, but then port saw an opportunity to get JHF.
I don't want to lose Graham. Not sure what compo we would get for him.

But if it happens then OK :huh:

Although surely Port has spent all their spare change on who they have brought in.

You can't have a list full of kids, we have Ryan but he is still raw and will hit the wall hard again unless we give him a chop out mid season. Bringing in Naismith for insurance allows us to do that.
I do get that, but we also should be looking at our time span to compete, we are going to be in the wilderness for a bit.

I do get that, but we also should be looking at our time span to compete, we are going to be in the wilderness for a bit.
Yeah i don't know about that, 2 points off 5th spot after round 19 before playing catch up took it's toll and that was despite being without our number 1 forward for the season, Gibcus for the season, had george retire just after the SSP, lost Tarrant to injury for the season, had to play the entire year with a clearly cooked Jack who put in a fantastic effort to see out the year. Not to mention a cooked coach who quit at round 10.

Really don't know why people are forecasting doom and gloom TBH.

The draft depth is shallow with experts saying that it thins out about pick 30. So players picked after that are more likely not to be AFL quality.

We have picks 29, 41, 65, 68 but likely only use the first 2 picks

Gold Coast are likely to try to trade all of their picks in the 20s (24, 26 and 27) on draft night for more points which would mean pick 29 could end up as pick 34.

Hopefully we can trade up to using picks 29, 65 & 68 and a F3 to try to climb up to 24 (29).
More likely to get a good player than at pick 34 where the draft is thinning out.

I have attached a consensus power rankings based on Rookie Me, AFL (Cal Twomey), ESPN and HUN power rankings to show what players will be available around that range.

1698103413929.png

Yeah i don't know about that, 2 points off 5th spot after round 19 before playing catch up took it's toll and that was despite being without our number 1 forward for the season, Gibcus for the season, had george retire just after the SSP, lost Tarrant to injury for the season, had to play the entire year with a clearly cooked Jack who put in a fantastic effort to see out the year. Not to mention a cooked coach who quit at round 10.

Really don't know why people are forecasting doom and gloom TBH.
it's not doom and gloom, it's just a transition, we have many cooked players, old players and lots of young players with not that much in between.

Betcha he signs a new deal during the season.

Remember players are only free agents cause they haven't signed a new deal, doesn't mean they are going to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back