List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Will Ferrell Chill GIF
Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF
Rounding out the midfield with another top 2 pick next year and all working out, would be amazing. A bone fide midfield a team.

Collard and Moir seem like 2 'risky' picks, going for both would be very un-West Coast - especially at this point in our rebuild.

Moir

A highly rated 17yr who has struggled with injury in his draft year. A bigger bodied half forward with midfield and.........yep you guessed it..............half back potential.

Where have we heard that before?

Fox Sports top 50 has him at 44 now!

Our 37 will slide to 42 I recall someone on here worked out.:thumbsu:

Surely we would pick him at 42.

I for one would be more than happy using the Wllie pick on Moir. Moir needs to move West to the club he's deamed about playing for and move in with Grandma. Get the hip fixed, get AFL level fit and then we will see what he can do.

A move to half back initially at the Beagles to help develop his defensive and contested side would be smart.

Hall and Freijah also available.
Personally wouldn’t get too excited mate he’s a good chance he never makes it.
For me there are two non negotiable’s in footy.

Work rate and Contested ball.

Contested ball in the sense that you don’t have to be an inside mid but it doesn’t matter where you play whether it be wing, full forward or half back, when it’s your turn to go whether it’s in the air or on the ground you go.

If a player doesn’t show enough effort in either of the above two areas then everything else such as disposal, decision making, athletic attributes, attitude and leadership ect ect won’t matter because you won’t be able to impact on a game.

Moir has a big question mark over work rate so it probably won’t matter how good he is at the other parts of his game he won’t be able to show enough of it.

He seems like a good kid so I hope he proves me wrong.

Top 5 2024 draft are all racking up decent numbers in comparison to mckercher.

With the a pick 5 being josh Smillie a 195cm mid

Attachments

• 2023-11-14-14-56-27.mp4
    3.3 MB
Imagine the first time Ginbey, Hewett and Reid are involved in a scoring chain.

I can see it now. Ginbey wins the centre clearance and stiff arms Dom Sheed who is standing flat footed asking for a backwards handball. He bursts from congestion and hits Hewett with a beautiful handball to space out on the wing.

Hewett ignores Gaff calling for the ball on the wrong side of his body and proceeds to burn him off and roost the ball inside 50. Reid takes a screamer on Darlings head and converts to kick his first in the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends

We've got a shore thing in Ried

So can take a risk with R2 and R3

It's my opinion that we'll end up with additional pick/s in the 20s
Totally disagree with 'can take a risk with R2 R3'.

We cannot afford anymore missteps at the draft.

As the draft gets closer I've gone cold Collard and Moir. I would be happy with our last 2 picks but likely they're not there by then.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

One bad year you say for Sheed?
The guy is one of the more selfish players I’ve seen on the field in a long time. Then there’s the lack of defensive efforts and an absolute momentum killer.

Some of the stuff he was able to get away with when the team was better but he’s been found out and hasn’t shown a willingness to change.

I can get behind gaff, because even though he was poor, he actually put in effort.
Sheed selfishness is seen no more obvious than the time Noah long ignored his plees burnt him on the wing to kick down a forwards throat. Can't remember the exact game but it was early in the season.

Sheed screamed for the ball forever, even though he was dead stationary and not in the best position to take possession, while long had the run and carry. This was the moment I knew we had a player in long. He didn't cave to the senior player and made a footy IQ decision best for the team.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has there been any intel / News on Coen Livingston, not mention in this thread. Seem to be progressing well in early 2023 then limited time in U18 champs and nothing since.

Moir had a terrible year. It's not crap its just how his year went. People complain that we love drafting kids who had a great U/16's year but then just stalled in there draft year for whatever reason but if we draft Moir it's exactly what we are doing.

Collards maturity issues come from a poster who has sat in on interviews with him & would have a better idea than most of this board. I don't see any reason the poster would be making that up.
Oh, I believe that poster is very targeted in what he’s saying about certain kids, and the audience isn’t necessarily West Coast supporters reading here.

Best 22 for Round 1 or Best 22 for building a future premiership team?
It's pretty clear what we should be prioritising. I do agree that Darling and Sheed will likely be locks to play, but I do question if they should be, unless they have genuinely good form of course.
In Darling's case, with BBW playing as a KPF/2nd Ruck some pressure is already for alleviated for Allen. With that in mind, Darling needs to offering more than Maric or J.Williams, or even Waterman. If he's merely breaking even with them, then why not back the youth in?
In Sheed's case, as long as he's versatile and willing to play HFF, Wing or Centre but understands that the likes of Reid, Hewett, Ginbey, Burgiel, Chesser and Long are going to be prioritised, then I'm sure he'll end up playing plenty of AFL level footy. Same applies for Gaff (and on that note, perhaps my biggest concern is having both of them gifted extensive midfield minutes. I genuinely believe that with a fit side at least one of them should be playing WAFL).
Do I have faith that Simmo would make these calls? Not particularly. But if Pyke and co. make their intention clear that they want youth prioritised at the expense of credits in the bank, then I damn well welcome it.
Let's win a game first before "building for a flag" which is the best part of a decade away at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back