List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Collard and Moir seem like 2 'risky' picks, going for both would be very un-West Coast - especially at this point in our rebuild.
Agree mate.

There is a fair amount of crap being being posted in this thread currently around certain players by people that are forming opinions on players based on zero substance or truth. Also forming these opinions having viewed very little if anything of the players.
Just got to cut through the rubbish in here atm 👍🏻

Last edited:

There is a fair amount of crap being being posted in this thread currently around certain players by people that are forming opinions on players based on zero substance or truth. Also forming these opinions having viewed very little if anything of the players.

I was putting it as 'risky' with the air quotes for no other reason than comments about their 2 way running, nothing to do with their rumoured personal issues.

I'd be happy with Reid, Collard and Moir.

I'd really love some improved/more early second rounders.

I feel like that haul could easily be boom or bust though. If it worked out we would come out big big winners but if Reid does go home, Collard doesn't mature & Moir's development just doesn't pick back up its just a terrible outcome & sets us back. Thats my main concern with everything thats been said about that mix.

IF we where going to trade Pick 1 for something like 2, 15, 17 I would feel much more confident on taking a chance on Collard & Moir but from what you have said we are taking Reid.

Last edited:
I was putting it as 'risky' with the air quotes for no other reason than comments about their 2 way running, nothing to do with their rumoured personal issues.
I wasn’t having a go at you maté totally agree with what you said, was talking about some of the other stuff you can read in here from some posters 🤣

I wasn’t having a go at you maté totally agree with what you said, was talking about some of the other stuff you can read in here from some posters 🤣

That's just the way this place gets during draft season though, most people glean their info about draftees from a combination of BigFooty and articles which are ripped off from other sources anyway.

I guess most of us try to be experts without putting in much work and listening to media/opinions instead. It's probably a broader issue with society in general these days eh?

Personally I try not to Reid too much into the opinions on here.

Moir had a terrible year. It's not crap its just how his year went. People complain that we love drafting kids who had a great U/16's year but then just stalled in there draft year for whatever reason but if we draft Moir it's exactly what we are doing.

Collards maturity issues come from a poster who has sat in on interviews with him & would have a better idea than most of this board. I don't see any reason the poster would be making that up.

Moir had a terrible year. It's not crap its just how his year went. People complain that we love drafting kids who had a great U/16's year but then just stalled in there draft year for whatever reason but if we draft Moir it's exactly what we are doing.

Collards maturity issues come from a poster who has sat in on interviews with him & would have a better idea than most of this board. I don't see any reason the poster would be making that up.

Phil is targeting Collard.

Think Sheed can be a part of the squad in our next premiership tilt in 5 years time for example. Not giving up on that yet after 1 bad year.

Darling needs to simply play the year out while Maric/Williams develop in the twos and in particular develop aerobically. Id rather next year be a building block year for both

One bad year you say for Sheed?
The guy is one of the more selfish players I’ve seen on the field in a long time. Then there’s the lack of defensive efforts and an absolute momentum killer.

Some of the stuff he was able to get away with when the team was better but he’s been found out and hasn’t shown a willingness to change.

I can get behind gaff, because even though he was poor, he actually put in effort.

Maybe I don’t know enough about him coming home from the U18s but I think Collard is too big of a risk given our list state to use a pick before 40. Our second pick should have at least one of EdwardsC, Roberts or ZZ available which i’d much rather take. Even our third pick I expect one of Hastie Freijah or Simpson to be available or someone like Hall who isn’t as talented but you know will bleed for the club day in, day out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet I heard the complete opposite, he spoke very well and was very well received.

I was agreeing with Bender maybe my post doesn’t appear that way. I’ve actually watched a fair bit of Moir so have a pretty good feel for how he played this year 👍🏻

Would you draft Moir from what you have seen and with which of our picks?
Would be our last pick if at all. Depends who was left on the board and what we had already drafted in terms of position and needs. I know you have probably watched a fair amount of him too but this is just my opinion of him below.

Moir came in with a serious amount of hype this season but was clearly struggling even early in the season to impact on games. Obviously we have all heard about a hip complaint so maybe there was some impact.

His issue from what I can see is his work rate off the ball. He just doesn’t work hard enough to get either to the right spot or first to the ball. At times I’d be watching him and murmuring to myself work you lazy bugger. It almost felt like the ball needed to find him at times rather than him finding the ball.
If you aren’t prepared to work hard enough at 18s level then good luck at AFL level.

His contest work both at ground level and in the air is pretty good when he does get to the contest.

His defensive pressure is pretty good. He’s good defensively when it’s from a spilt marking situation and the ball hits the ground or in a stoppage situation but certainly doesn’t have the pace of someone like a Collard, who loves a chase down tackle and puts inferred pressure on the ball user due to his closing speed.

His kicking is pretty good he can use both feet well and is comfortable doing so. However the hype on the kid that he was some unicorn and could pump goals from outside 50m with either foot is not the case either, he’s simply just a nice neat user of the ball.

One thing that stood out was probably his most productive half of football during his Academy/State games came when he played across half back. Maybe his good decision making and use by foot could be used across half back rather than the forward line. Would need to see more of him playing there to be sure.

Overall his lack of impact on games this year and lack of goals as a medium sized forward has seen him slide on most boards .

But still far enough away to engender rivalry and contempt.

giphy.gif

Would be our last pick if at all. Depends who was left on the board and what we had already drafted in terms of position and needs. I know you have probably watched a fair amount of him too but this is just my opinion of him below.

Moir came in with a serious amount of hype this season but was clearly struggling even early in the season to impact on games. Obviously we have all heard about a hip complaint so maybe there was some impact.

His issue from what I can see is his work rate off the ball. He just doesn’t work hard enough to get either to the right spot or first to the ball. At times I’d be watching him and murmuring to myself work you lazy bugger. It almost felt like the ball needed to find him at times rather than him finding the ball.
If you aren’t prepared to work hard enough at 18s level then good luck at AFL level.

His contest work both at ground level and in the air is pretty good when he does get to the contest.

His defensive pressure is pretty good. He’s good defensively when it’s from a spilt marking situation and the ball hits the ground or in a stoppage situation but certainly doesn’t have the pace of someone like a Collard, who loves a chase down tackle and puts inferred pressure on the ball user due to his closing speed.

His kicking is pretty good he can use both feet well and is comfortable doing so. However the hype on the kid that he was some unicorn and could pump goals from outside 50m with either foot is not the case either, he’s simply just a nice neat user of the ball.

One thing that stood out was probably his most productive half of football during his Academy/State games came when he played across half back. Maybe his good decision making and use by foot could be used across half back rather than the forward line. Would need to see more of him playing there to be sure.

Overall his lack of impact on games this year and lack of goals as a medium sized forward has seen him slide on most boards .

Fox Sports top 50 has him at 44 now!

Our 37 will slide to 42 I recall someone on here worked out.:thumbsu:

Surely we would pick him at 42.

I for one would be more than happy using the Wllie pick on Moir. Moir needs to move West to the club he's dreamed about playing for and move in with Grandma. Get the hip fixed, get AFL level fit and then we will see what he can do.

A move to half back initially at the Beagles to help develop his defensive and contested side would be smart.

Hall and Freijah also available.

Last edited:
Some of the same folks that were hoping we’d split pick 1 are now spruiking giving up the F1 for Curtin. If you are one of these people, give yourself a nice uppercut.

How about we use pick 1 on the clear best player this year, and then use 1,2 or 3 on an actual 1,2 or 3 next draft.
Will Ferrell Chill GIF
Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back