Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

pLiyeF6.gif

Couple of musings from quick glance on the way past…

- Windy and Stocker talking to Lenny and Harvs is interesting.

- Hunter moving beautifully. Seems plenty quick to me.

- Allison is a fantastic athlete; jury still out on whether he’s a footballer.

- Wilson literally bounces as he walks. Has springs in his heels. Looks fit and athletic as hell.

- Keeler is a giant (but skinny).

- Arie is MASSIVE across the shoulders for a kid. Going to be a big boy when he fills out. Might well end up a proper KPD.

- Finally, Batchelor still looks like he could play. Ripped as.

Couple of musings from quick glance on the way past…

- Windy and Stocker talking to Lenny and Harvs is interesting.

- Hunter moving beautifully. Seems plenty quick to me.

- Allison is a fantastic athlete; jury still out on whether he’s a footballer.

- Wilson literally bounces as he walks. Has springs in his heels. Looks fit and athletic as hell.

- Keeler is a giant (but skinny).

- Arie is MASSIVE across the shoulders for a kid. Going to be a big boy when he fills out. Might well end up a proper KPD.

- Finally, Batchelor still looks like he could play. Ripped as.
Arie is James Sicily 2.0

We have a ripper

More what Barrels posted, more a proper KPD with a boot as long as Dusty Fletcher.

Also loves a beer.......

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he will win a bit more of the ball and rebound more than a traditional KPD if he makes it at AFL level.

He averaged 27 disposals per game in the Coates Talent League and the most kicks of any player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will win a bit more of the ball and rebound more than a traditional KPD if he makes it at AFL level.

He averaged 27 disposals per game in the Coates Talent League and the most kicks of any player.
Bigger version of what Battle is.

KPD-ish distributor, I reckon.

Paton and Henry playing as mids in the stoppage drill, but Chito not is interesting.

Paton strikes me that he has been playing without confidence since his leg break. Hopefully being thrown into the midfield improves his confidence and he gets a feel back to take the game on more. Before the injury he was projecting to be a much better player than he has shown , so hopefully he can get some form back.

You better be in it for the long haul then

Only needs to get to the level where

"Cordy had 8 goals kicked on him, and only 5 disposals, we should have selected Alison , who surely only would have had 6 kicked on him and would easily have got 7 disposals ".

Includes a lot of kick ins though. Really shouldn't be counted as possessions.

194 is a good height. ( Battle 193)
Maybe our kick out strategy should be for Schoey to just roost it up to the centre of the ground.

Wouldn't be that much though. Even if it matches the highest % in the AFL (Shannon Hurn 7.1 kick-ins per game at 93% play-on) he's still averaging over 20 possessions per match. (Note that's in a WCE team getting flogged ever single week)

More likely it would be around the median AFL level which would mean 2.5 to 3.5 extra disposals generated from a play on via a kick-in.

True, however I can see his kick in's as a huge weapon.
Even more so in general play. He will have the ability to get over the pressed zone and out the back.
If the press is lengthened because of his distance, it opens space closer for the kick out or midfield on open play. If it is a tight press, he can play on for 15 metres and roost it over.
A boot like Hurn/Fletcher with a KPD size.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back