Review Cats defeat Crows by 19 at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mannagh was ok with his effort but he needs to look for other players before trying to kick a low percentage shot at goal. He needs to look at the way Ollie Dempsey plays, always sizing up the options.
Give him time, he will be nailing those goals. He’s obviously been told to take his chances. Could’ve easily had 3 tonight. He’s got the spark

Loving Mannagh, but every time I see the number 7 I expect a nice left foot kick, it's a bit confusing at the moment.
Trying to think of the last non left footer to wear #7....we had Couch, Ben Graham, Harry Taylor and Isaac Smith. Kelvin Matthews wore 7 back in the early 80's, did Tim Callan wear 7 between '05-07?

Great effort tonight Strong start and showed great resilience when the Crows came with an odd combination of squirts that found loose men, friendly umpiring and the home crowd. But Hawkins took it upon himself to impose his presence later in the 3rd quarter, and with a midfield missing many regular parts, we hung on well.

Brandon Parfitt was really good tonight, maybe he's finally fully fit, i know it's been a while but the broken hand he had against the Tigers in the 2020 GF I think hampered him for quite a while. Seemed much more involved tonight and was an important player. May be handy having another in an under mid to help Atkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man that was a great game to soak up from the hill.

I haven't seen an Adelaide oval crowd that quiet in years.

Parfitt was awesome. So was Kolo. Hill isn't a great vantage point so will be watching a replay of that one. Just an amazing win

I'm guessing it wouldn't be often that they leave their own home ground early

Nice to see that happen tonight

Harsh- he had high impact tonight, and is still at the perfect age to become a prime mid, and the skillset.

Yeah doesnt matter what anyone says, he works like a terrier, has still got class, follows instructions and Scott likes him. Only have to look at his last 10 mins goal GF to see Coaches reaction, he's a skillful, hard working and patient kid. Will keep fighting for a place like everyone else does, so the Parf knockers always looking to confirm your own bias, write him off at your peril.

Might be getting a little ahead of myself but Hawks, Bulldogs and Roos our next three can we go 5-0?
Absolutely no reason why we can’t win all of those. I feel like this is a transition year for us but like Holmes said after the game don’t be surprised if we win more than ‘expected’

Might be getting a little ahead of myself but Hawks, Bulldogs and Roos our next three can we go 5-0?
We can. But there is absolutely no guarantee that we will. Still, the hunger does appear to be back at this point. That in itself is a very good sign.

One of our best wins over the last 12 months with the outs, SDK improved greatly in the second half

Totally agree

It wasn't flawless, but could see him starting to back himself in the contest and trust his instinct - I liked the play latish in the match when he went back with the flight to impact the aerial contest, then got the follow-up handball from Henry (?) and found a teammate with his kick

The skill is there, it's not like it went away - I think a lot of its just down to confidence & backing himself. Needs to keep building the confidence, and things will start clicking again

I think he will benefit from another pre-season before he does too much of that. Worried we only signed him for one year.

It was a 1 year extension with 1 year already remaining on his current deal - so having 2 years until his next out of contract will allow him to focus more on football and the next deal will take care of itself, when he'll then have 4 years under his belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back