Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy to have this wonderkid playing for us! Can't recall a more maniacal player in my time watching football.

If he has a career that is mostly uninhibited from here on in, he probably has the chance of being considered a legend (club...and possibly league). This is the kid who brought Clarko back to our club, will likely be a big factor in LDU staying if that's what he chooses, there would be countless others who would want to stay just to be able to share the field with him, and along with Sheezel, may drag us out of the clubs' darkest depths and back to glory once more.

And not to be disparaging to the kid, but to think there are some out there who would have selected Tsatas over our boy. Sure, we would have gotten a hard working, gut-running winger, similar to a Bailey Scott but with much, much worse disposal...but I'm so grateful we took the chance on Wardlaw, our brightest light in a team full of great young stars.

So happy to have this wonderkid playing for us! Can't recall a more maniacal player in my time watching football.

If he has a career that is mostly uninhibited from here on in, he probably has the chance of being considered a legend (club...and possibly league). This is the kid who brought Clarko back to our club, will likely be a big factor in LDU staying if that's what he chooses, there would be countless others who would want to stay just to be able to share the field with him, and along with Sheezel, may drag us out of the clubs' darkest depths and back to glory once more.

And not to be disparaging to the kid, but to think there are some out there who would have selected Tsatas over our boy. Sure, we would have gotten a hard working, gut-running winger, similar to a Bailey Scott but with much, much worse disposal...but I'm so grateful we took the chance on Wardlaw, our brightest light in a team full of great young stars.
bRAdY

Serious question. I think I’d rather Sheezel over JHF.

Do many think we will be saying the same about Wardlaw in time.

It actually doesn’t matter but it kind of does lol.
I’d take George over Jason purely based on their respective composure.

George clearly has a better grasp on his own emotions.

100% rather Wardlaw over JHF. Aside from the fact that Wardlaw’s first 2 years have been better than JHF’s, Wardlaw is a better fit culturally.

When you say "over time", are you suggesting over the next 5 minutes or so? I don't need that long to ponder. I don't give a rats arse what horne-francis does elsewhere, he was near useless in a North jumper. Wardlaw has the heart and soul of the club behind him and has done since his first game. And he's young - there's room for improvement!!

haven’t really got a thread for the ‘wins’ we’ve had
We would have about the most budget forward line in the league.

Larkey -73
Teakle - msd
Pink - rookie
Zurhaar - rookie
Curtis -35
Ford -57

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first game he played I thought wtte of "isn't this sposed to be what JHF was like?"

Suppose we have been quick to call out all our drafting **** ups and haven’t really got a thread for the ‘wins’ we’ve had.Curtis, Ford Wardlaw etc.
Be interesting where Ford and Curtis rate from their draft year.
I reckon it would be good to do a drafting breakdown by draft selection team.

It would be interesting to look at Luff's time in particular. I suspect it won't be pretty but one never knows without having a proper look. Just for starters, trading out of the opportunity to draft Serong and then not using the extra 2nd rounder obtained on Warner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back