Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a “good call” 😉, and if Ken had done that at some point a lot of supporters would have appreciated his good years and parted on decent terms. But he didn’t, and he just kept angling for one extension after another when he should have acknowledged that he had taken us as far as he could and moved on. That's why the bitterness. I’m not a fan of some of it either, but I certainly understand why it happens.
Agreed 100%.

He or the club should have called time last year, that both agreed to continue on is on them and why we are where we are.

I see it like this, Ken has had 12 seasons and multiple incarnations of the list to get us to a GF with the chance to win it.

He hasn't achieved that on his watch and so the buck stops with him, its what he is paid to do.
Now from my perspective thats because of 1 of 2 reasons, either he hasnt gathered the right troops and provided a suitable game plan or, he's been holding back.
If its the former then he's had his chance and should walk on his own accord.
If its the latter then he doesnt respect the players, assistants, club and supporters and walk on his own accord.

He shouldnt have to be sacked if he has an ounce of respect, dignity and self awareness of the opportunity the club has given him as an untried coach thats lasted longer than anyone else without satisfactory results.

Our game plan at times has for sure let us down, just like every other team.
You know what games we always lose? the ones where both teams are at 100% mental energies. Like finals or showdowns. We always win with our backs againts the wall in regular season.. It's the players.

This is the biggest load of horse sh!t I’ve heard, backs to the wall was last weekend after 2 disappointing losses.. and they get beaten across the park.
In 2013 Semi final against Geelong we were leading at half time by 23 points (47 to 24) & the brilliant mind of KH decided to go game save mode in the third qtr & allowed Geelong to kick 5.6 to 1 goal.
At the time I was OK as Ken had done well to make the final & he would learn from his mistake - this is when he did actually learn from his errors. That Ken died in 2015 when his best mate & Walsh both passed away, he decided that football wasn’t the be-all and end-all. Which is fine, but don’t waste players, fans & football club resources if you are not fully driven.
Why hasn’t our game plan improved over the years, look at Collingwood or the swans - they keep improving. Yes, neither team is invincible ( no team is) but you know that they will turn up most weeks. Our team has you on the edge of your seat to see which Jekyll or Hyde version we have on a week to week basis - if KH is so good why hasn’t he fixed this? It’s not as if he hasn’t had the time or resources.
Also, the last game I attended as a member was the Robbie Grey farewell game in 2022 (it was the only game I attended that season). The magpies beat the crows in the early game and the only senior player to go to the huddle was Xavier Duursma - if Ken was so connected why didn’t he send the senior team to the 2nds to congratulate them on the way through, the magies had a crap year in 2022 and the crows game was a dead rubber as we had already missed finals. That’s what a united team would do.. and don’t tell me it would disrupt their preparation, the half time scores were 5.7 to 4.6 our way.

Just sack him. How hard can it be? Other clubs can sack coaches after a couple of years and no one raises an eyebrow. What is different about Ken? I literally don't understand it. Its just baffling the pafc desperately clings to being a meme.

It's the boiled frog theory. He's obviously well past sackable but they keep setting the bar for his sacking just slightly too high. The loss on the weekend isn't any worse than the bad losses in previous years and we didn't sack him for those so would it be too much to sack him now?

When they didn't sack him in 2017 it really fried their collective brains about what was and wasn't acceptable from a coach.

Agreed 100%.

He or the club should have called time last year, that both agreed to continue on is on them and why we are where we are.

I see it like this, Ken has had 12 seasons and multiple incarnations of the list to get us to a GF with the chance to win it.

He hasn't achieved that on his watch and so the buck stops with him, its what he is paid to do.
Now from my perspective thats because of 1 of 2 reasons, either he hasnt gathered the right troops and provided a suitable game plan or, he's been holding back.
If its the former then he's had his chance and should walk on his own accord.
If its the latter then he doesnt respect the players, assistants, club and supporters and walk on his own accord.

He shouldnt have to be sacked if he has an ounce of respect, dignity and self awareness of the opportunity the club has given him as an untried coach thats lasted longer than anyone else without satisfactory results.
Dignity and Ken Hinkley in the same sentence lol.

The team was reportedly having a bonding session today, what a soft bunch they are, if the team is not bonded by now they have bigger problems than they think.

maybe they are bonding over how much they hate Hinkley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe they are bonding over how much they hate Hinkley?
Maybe they were discussing a walk off at the start of the Saints game...
Imagine, umpire bounces ball to start the game... Port players stand still, and have a laughter with each other.
Wouldn't be far off what's happening now anyway.

Agree crowds are no where near the 2014-2016 levels.

However I remember trying to drag as many mates as possible to the 2002 & 2003 semi finals against Essendon because I thought the players deserved a better turn out.

The Football Park era is incomparable imo.

For all the talk of Port people being fickle bandwagoners, there have now been 16 seasons with a higher average home crowd than the 2004 premiership season, with 11 lower — and two of those were COVID-affected.

There it is, Dixon saying the booing was bad by supporters that call themselves Port supporters on ten sport.
The booers will all be Port people long after Charlie ****s off back to North Queensland to play bikie next year.

There it is, Dixon saying the booing was bad by supporters that call themselves Port supporters on ten sport.
They were always going to trot out someone, glad it's this campaigner with his "worth two cents" comments last year so at least another player isn't tainted. You and Hinkley can **** off together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back