Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this absolute moron geriatric of a man needed to do was:

1. Drop McEntee (for more than 1 week);
2. Drop Marshall until he learns that he is allowed to put his body on the line and head over the ball (probably a month in the twos);
3. Teach the players about how a man on man defence works, and when and if his gung-ho zone defence/get the ball forward in numbers at all costs doesn't work (like it wouldn't against any half decent opposition or any opposition that brings a bit of pressure) - then switch it to a man on man defence to try and wrestle back some momentum.
4. Stop constantly saying in interviews "we just need to work harder" or "we need to continue learning" or "that opposition is bloody tough and scary" or "finals are so hard".
5. Never admit publicly, "I don' know much about their players". Are you kidding me. I coach a senior women's soccer team, and me and my assistants go and watch out opposition weekly when they're not playing at the same time as us, and I can assure you we aren't on $800k/year, in fact were doing it for free.

Like, I can't tell you how much I hate this guy like if you go back to my posts from 2018 onwards it was always to sack him - but if he just did those 5 things above I could maybe learn to live with it.

Why did he stat Todd Marshall in that final all those years back over Westhoff - he was all of 13 kilograms and unseasoned (not that now that he is a bit bigger and more experience means anything because he is the softest footballer on the planet second to Donald Dickie). DUMB DUMB DUMB

These are all things that anybody could see, let alone someone who is suppose to be a senior coach of a football club. COME ON - why are people so blind and how is this guy so stupid?

And the 1 loss to the Saints was achieved via the most extraordinary accuracy in the history of the game.
Forgot about that 12.1 they kicked in 2020 at AO.

Membrey threw his boot at a high bouncing ball in the goal square, that looked to me like it had been punched thru by Jonas. I was sitting in Aisle 324 right behind the southern goals, as 2020 were the days of restricted covid crowds and pot luck when you applied for a seat - free of charge - but the replay showed Membrey somehow got his toe to the ball in an almost ballet high kick move.

Last edited:

Then proceeded to absolutely shit on his players in the post Semi-Final presser like no coach I can remember in my time following footy.

"I can guarantee if some of the replacements played, the result would have been much worse".

He should have been sacked for that comment alone.
How could he say such a thing without realising that they are the players HE coaches! And get away with it!!!!!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In 2023, he sold "licensing rights" to his fitness business in the US for $60million.

I don't think the problem that Cam Falloon had a Port was competency but more on resourcing.
I mean Ken was very well supported when he started getting access to Darren Burgess to run the fitness programme, but more importantly is that Darren Burgess also go access to what he asked for.

I remember hearing something about that awhile ago.

He clearly had some solid fundamentals — I remember Burgess thanking him for giving him all the VO2 research he’d done on the 2012 list — but his penchant for rounded lean runners at Geelong/Bulldogs/Port didn’t seem to translate too well to contending in top flight football.

An option?

Similar situation there. Fans boo Southgate, but believe in all the talent England have. They qualify for the Knockout Stages of the Euros, but expect they will fail to go all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honouring the contract is about all.

And I get that from the board.

From my recent experience with the club it would by hypocritical of me to ask them to sack him as they gave him the extension and I believe people in a position of power or influence should honour a contract or offer they make, hence why I was dirty with the club for not fulfilling its offer to my Daughter.

I chose to voice my displeasure verbally, in writing and via cancelling our memberships.
The club has since taken steps to correct that wrong by sending my Daughter a gift and yesterday I had my Wife deliver 2 bunches of flowers to the Female staff whom I upset when it all went down.

Im not asking the club to reneg on its contract with Ken, I plead to Ken's conscious to do the right thing and voluntarily part ways on the grounds that he's achieved all he can at the club and give someone else a go.

Lets all move on without the hate so that we can all get back to loving our club and the game.
That’s a “good call” 😉, and if Ken had done that at some point a lot of supporters would have appreciated his good years and parted on decent terms. But he didn’t, and he just kept angling for one extension after another when he should have acknowledged that he had taken us as far as he could and moved on. That's why the bitterness. I’m not a fan of some of it either, but I certainly understand why it happens.

What’s occurring within the four walls of the club is far from healthy, & in some ways a direct reflection of what’s happening to the country at large.

It seems it’s no longer okay to express an opinion that strays to far from officially endorsed talking points. Only yesterday, a Labor Senator was condemned for daring to cross the chamber & vote against party lines. When did we become a such a Nation of cry babies, unable to cope with someone who might dare to think differently.

This authoritarian, group think style belief system is toxic to the core, & has infiltrated the very heart of the club, destroying its once proud culture in the process.

You don’t believe me, you only have to look at Monday’s events on 5AA where the Club called Tredders both on & off air to condemn his response to a caller. Are you kidding me? When did Alberton turn into 1960s East Germany?

And it even goes beyond this. If you dare to demand excellence & higher standards your labelled unrealistic, fickle, lunatic fringe, selfish etc etc. Imagine commencing a University degree & being called out & condemned for striving for high distinctions, instead of being content with ‘Credits’?

I’m losing all faith with the club & its pathetic disposition & broader outlook in how it conducts its day to day affairs. I’m all in on Tredders who still possess a trail blazer type spirit. The woke mindless idiots that run the club can get the hell out.
This is so true. Australia is moving from a democracy to a dictatorship with media censorship & corruption. And so is the PA football club as you have stated above. Fills me with despair.

This sort of argument is made all the time by Cornes, that the club and/or Hinkley will know when the time is right and make a decision.

But the time has been right for about 7 years and they never make a decision, they just hide for months and then say they don't want to talk about last season, that they're looking forward etc.

They'll never make this decision unless we make him staying as unpalatable as possible. We need to make Ken staying more uncomfortable for them than having the hard conversation with him.

And through the power of booing or not showing up, all things are possible.
100%, it's really our only option.

Im all for mental health stuff but ****ing lol.

Maybe if you lose a GF by 119, give it some time to process and then review but these guys just lost to 13th at home by 80 points. I'm sorry, that just flat out deserves a massive bake.

I cant imagine how we keep putting in this sort of shit when we are prepared and managed this way. Zero consequences.
I know that it's been said that we've become Glenelg, but was Glenelg ever this soft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back