Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Rucci going with we sold cheap ($15) tickets at the Brisbane game. The dollars must be starting to bite.
Dude we were giving them away.

They wanted a huge crowd because it was the 20th anniversary of 2004 flag. Saturday arvo isn't the greatest time slot among our fans, but the club wanted a big crowd for a big occasion.

Pity our coaches and players don't like big occasions.

Sounds like numbers and $ might be down - that will force change.
Nah it was about pumping up the flag anniversary. Most clubs do this sort of give away when they want a crowd to turn up in a poor time slot against a poor drawing oppo.

What is it with all these so called football writers/ex players/coaches that say PAFC shouldn’t sack Hinkley because he has such a good record, IMO when the supporters are being told that we are ticking all the boxes, making progress, have a great list, the club is aiming for 5 in a row, and all that has been achieved is we sometimes play finals and lose.what has actually been achieved. the amount of players that have come and gone during his leadership could fill 2 new teams. Hinkley has been given more than any other coach of PAFC previously and yet under his stewardship we have flatlined. There is something horribly wrong at this club and unless it seriously looks at whose running the place, the coaching staff and the board then sadly a once great club that I have supported for 70+ years might as well shut up shop. It has become a social club for people that accept mediocrity.and as for the likes of that hack Rucci and the talking head on the tv perhaps they should examine why PAFC was so good in the past it was because those in charge only accepted that those who represented it on the field gave their all 100% of the time and played for their club coach and the fans .ime for some changes big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci did some scenarios yesterday - he's more worried about the Bulldogs game - as in it's shaping up to be not good.
Just setting himself up for an each way bet
We lose, see I was right, aren't I clever
We win, everyone said ken was gone but he's proved them wrong. Of course no one ever holds the journalists to account for what they've said more than a week prior

The numbers must be going down then. Troubling and a fresh new coach might be needed!

The fact you could get multiple tickets to the GWS semi without a member barcode was a canary in the coalmine.

I wouldn’t have gone to that game if they gave me a chauffeured limousine to a fully-catered corporate suite.

They wanted a huge crowd because it was the 20th anniversary of 2004 flag. Saturday arvo isn't the greatest time slot among our fans, but the club wanted a big crowd for a big occasion.

Pity our coaches and players don't like big occasions.
Spewing they've taken the Saturday 4pm timeslot from us.

Lol at Rucci calling Kens position untenable multiple times, after all the shit Tredders copped by him and everyone else last year.

Pathetic

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you look in the Oxford dictionary and check out the word hypocrite, there's a photo of Rucci :).

That's what I favour but how many will get on board?
you'd do it at the start of half time, and ppl can come back in for the 3rd if they want. very empty stadium would speak volumes. probably more effective than asking for a complete walk away and go home. unless down by >30 at any of the breaks then throw donuts and boo while leaving the stadium

or stand up at 12 minute mark and turn their backs to the game for 1 minute

let's see what happens this week vs St Kilda

Last edited:
I've never been a great fan of wanting us to lose games but if you said to me to choose which game you would prefer to win between St Kilda this week and the Crom in Round 22. Its going to be 100% The Crom is a win/win for us.

The fact you could get multiple tickets to the GWS semi without a member barcode was a canary in the coalmine.

I wouldn’t have gone to that game if they gave me a chauffeured limousine to a fully-catered corporate suite.
Agree crowds are no where near the 2014-2016 levels.

However I remember trying to drag as many mates as possible to the 2002 & 2003 semi finals against Essendon because I thought the players deserved a better turn out.

Having 5000 people in the Southern Plaza with Sack Hinkley banners would be pretty good but it's genuinely hard to organise. Everyone wants him gone but there just isn't a centralised thing everyone follows apart from maybe the BBTB campaign, but that needs to stay separate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back