Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it. Sicily out is huge
Lewis back almost cancels it out though it's our best tall structure forward of the ball since very early in the season. Henry back is interesting as it looks like there basically playing 2 hybrid talls who virtually play the same in him and Rohan. Reckon were contemplating Dimma forward and Seamus comes in to clamp down on Stengle in the scenario that Ginni misses.

They’re well coached and experienced team at home.

We’re a well coached inexperienced team, but with far more dynamism and energy.

I won’t underestimate their capacity to dish out a lesson to a rising young team, but if it’s close in the 4th we should win it.

The Scrimshaw Redemption will be complete after this game.

Steps into Sicily's shoes and digs us out of a defensive hole with a spoon, and we escape with a win.

<code>
<AI>Please insert generated movie poster in the style of The Shawshank Redemption replacing Tim Robbins face with AFL footballer [PLAYERCARD]Jack Scrimshaw[/PLAYERCARD] and replacing Morgan Freeman's face with AFL coach Sam Mitchell, wait no, AI, belay that order don't replace Morgan Freeman's face because Morgan Freeman is irreplaceable</AI>
</code>

I think we can stop with the

I am backing us to win. As last week we r the form team. It's gonna take a really good team to beat us. Are Geelong that team. I don't think so. It may be close but we will prevail.
No need to denigrate anothers post mate. It was a positive post.
I would of gone with
I appreciate the sentiment but I think we can...

ahh shut the **** up me...trying to create a happy place. what am I thinking...move on

Montagna was saying no team this year has lost v Geelong at KP if they win the stoppages.

We put on another stoppage master-class, down there, and we should smash em.

Looks like SDK will play back, now that we have 2 x 200cm key fwds this week. Meaning Meek should obliterate Blics at the centre bounce and general stoppages.

Theyve also dropped Clark out of their mid rotation. Tells me that Stewart will spend more time in there. Not a bad thing, considering he usually hurts us with intercept marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with Sicily out it still looks a very strong side on paper.
We have a settled defensive unit that understands the system required to cover Sicily's loss. Both Weddle and Scrimshaw are capable of playing the intercept role. Jiath can also push back when required.

I expect Breust to continue his role as the starting sub regardless of whether Ginni plays or not, otherwise we will be well down on F50 defensive pressure with all of Breust, Gunston, & Lewis forward.
If Ginnivan doesn't play Mitchell comes in, moves down back, with Hardwick spending periods of the game up forward.

I'm also sensing that Watson could rise to the occasion and play a blinder.

Montagna was saying no team this year has lost v Geelong at KP if they win the stoppages.

We put on another stoppage master-class, down there, and we should smash em.

Looks like SDK will play back, now that we have 2 x 200cm key fwds this week. Meaning Meek should obliterate Blics at the centre bounce and general stoppages.

Theyve also dropped Clark out of their mid rotation. Tells me that Stewart will spend more time in there. Not a bad thing, considering he usually hurts us with intercept marks.

Stewart played the mid role like an intercepter though a fair bit - he rolled into the backline from mid. It's why he had something like 4 intercept marks on the weekend. He's still a danger player.

No need to denigrate anothers post mate. It was a positive post.
I would of gone with
I appreciate the sentiment but I think we can...

ahh shut the **** up me...trying to create a happy place. what am I thinking...move on
Actually I didn't mean to denigrate the post in fact let me update that post because that first part of that was meant for another post.

TBH, without the skipper, down there, Geelong returning to the top of their game, this would not only be the best win this year, but I'd say the best win since the 2015 Grand Final.
Not surprised to see Geelong shorten further with the Sicily injury, and I'd reckon will shorten further again.
Massive ask, and would be a huge surprise, but then again, I think it would be fair to say we've all been surprised on many occasions so far this year.
Game hangs on the performance of Meek, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back