Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 2048851

I hope the board are doing some ladder predictors before we get to far behind West Coast in the coach search.

Even best case scenario, I think we finish 12th. Though we can still can finish 13th. If somehow we fluke 3 from the next 6, then even then we'll end up 10th.

Seasons over. Start planning for a 2025 and beyond without Ken.
Lot of people pooh poohing me 2 months ago when I predicted a 12th finish.

Nope, David King instead focused on the gameplan on First Crack. Gamplan is implemented by the coach. He is saying its the coach without saying Hinkley.

Bartel had a crack at the gameplan as well saying its not sustainable. Is he only realising this now. Pretty sure 7 years of this gameplan proves it doesn't work.
Well this has been mentioned before. Good to see someone in the media has finally seen the light.

This goes much deeper than the coach, this starts a the top and goes right down to some of the players.
The good thing is I think we are starting to see some of those players showing that they are not so invested in Ken as some others.
You have to ask what has happened to the form of Marshall, Aliir, Finlayson, complete reversal, they definitely are not playing for the coach.
Ken's latest acting role on the bench, to be seen as an actual football coach, pulling into line arguably two of our best players in JHF and Butters, this won't go down well.
This guy is good, he knows exactly how and when to act for the cameras.
TBH I don't mind him giving players who let the team down with undisciplined acts a talking to. He wasn't going off at them. He wasn't ballistic. He wasn't volcanic.

Just a quiet word in their ear to say "just stay calm. Don't let them get under your skin. Ignore them, and show them up with your skills and desire, and they will give up. You're only feeding them oxygen if you react with ill discipline. You're better than that, and better than them".

FWIW, that was my take on it. For too long he has pandered to poor on-field acts, and turned a blind eye. A quiet rebuke should not get them ansty, and they need to grow up and accept it, and move forward. If it does rile them, there are more serious problems with their mindset.

JHF only just (or soon) turns 21. Still a kid in footy terms at this level. I'm confident that he'll learn quickly enough and make the requisite adjustments. It's a learning curve playing on the edge without crossing the line, and something learnt with experience and exposure. A bit the same with Zac, although as a leader and older, he probably shouldn't need to be reminded of his team obligations.

But I was actually ok with Hinkley's response. Not too much he gets right IMHO, but this was good for a change. Not before time either. Enough of the kumbaya rubbish!

But I was actually ok with Hinkley's response. Not too much he gets right IMHO, but this was good for a change. Not before time either. Enough of the kumbaya rubbish!
The problem with Ken's response is not him telling our players they need to not react and get sucked in.

The problem is him calling out our players in press conferences. Instead of calling the treatment they're copping from opposition players that is causing the frustrated lashing out.

The discussion with Butters on the bench last week was a big theatrical show for the cameras.

Georgiades the only player to get cited in the game against the Bulldogs? What a load of crap. There was literally the AFL's definition of a melee that the umpires ignored going on right next to him.

TBH I don't mind him giving players who let the team down with undisciplined acts a talking to. He wasn't going off at them. He wasn't ballistic. He wasn't volcanic.

Just a quiet word in their ear to say "just stay calm. Don't let them get under your skin. Ignore them, and show them up with your skills and desire, and they will give up. You're only feeding them oxygen if you react with ill discipline. You're better than that, and better than them".

FWIW, that was my take on it. For too long he has pandered to poor on-field acts, and turned a blind eye. A quiet rebuke should not get them ansty, and they need to grow up and accept it, and move forward. If it does rile them, there are more serious problems with their mindset.

JHF only just (or soon) turns 21. Still a kid in footy terms at this level. I'm confident that he'll learn quickly enough and make the requisite adjustments. It's a learning curve playing on the edge without crossing the line, and something learnt with experience and exposure. A bit the same with Zac, although as a leader and older, he probably shouldn't need to be reminded of his team obligations.

That was a quiet word? He's such a showboater. Can't help himself. Has to do it on the bench knowing full well the camera's on him instead of in the huddle or even better, down the rooms.

Nope, David King instead focused on the gameplan on First Crack. Gamplan is implemented by the coach. He is saying its the coach without saying Hinkley.

Bartel had a crack at the gameplan as well saying its not sustainable. Is he only realising this now. Pretty sure 7 years of this gameplan proves it doesn't work.

Not just that it doesn't work, but it is literally not sustainable. That high pressure, high press game takes a huge physical toll on players over the course of a season. As we saw last year after The Run™ we were completely gassed and players were either breaking down or just couldn't run for a full game anymore.

And once we are out of a game and drop that intensity during the match, we get the blowout losses that are a hallmark of the Hinkley era.

All I can say is Ken looks like a man that has been told he is safe until the end of the season.
Given how close the ladder is that isn’t surprising. We won’t be mathematically out of the hunt until we probably the last round.

He looks to me like a guy that knows he’s not around next season and has done pretty much the entire year with his antics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2048851

I hope the board are doing some ladder predictors before we get to far behind West Coast in the coach search.

Even best case scenario, I think we finish 12th. Though we can still can finish 13th. If somehow we fluke 3 from the next 6, then even then we'll end up 10th.

Seasons over. Start planning for a 2025 and beyond without Ken.
i still think 13 wins will probably sneak us in.

Except when Richo comes out and proclaims we're on the right trajectory...... Meanwhile.......

2020: 1st -> 3rd
2021: 2nd -> 3rd
2022: 11th
2023: 3rd -> 5th
2024: 11-13th (expected finish)

Youse can see we're "building"

Lmao. Richo is a disgrace. He needs to be sacked along with bald man Davies.

What was the vibe like on radio after the game?

Living overseas I can't always get to listening the talk back after the games.

Will try and tune in to 5aa today (especially for Tredders) but I hope some of you call in and lay it out. 5aa don't take web based calls on air so I can't call 😞

I reckon the club will move Hinkley on before the Melbourne game because they won't want the Hinkley stink attached to the Showdown.

What was the vibe like on radio after the game?

Living overseas I can't always get to listening the talk back after the games.

Will try and tune in to 5aa today (especially for Tredders) but I hope some of you call in and lay it out. 5aa don't take web based calls on air so I can't call

I listen to each game with the game on the TV and 5AA on because I can’t stand the commentary with the expectation of a few. The majority of callers were calling out the players, especially DBJ and Ken. It was not as hard as the Brisbane game, but the pressure was still on Ken. The worst caller was Barbara from West Lakes; she defended Ken to the hill and back. The best caller was George, who lambasted Ken.

Last edited:
Possibly. So where are these three wins coming from?
Not saying we will but i'm saying that 13 wins will probably be enough. Essendon, Melbourne, Collingwood & Port all have difficult runs home that they will all be lucky to win 3 out of 6. Dogs and Suns need to win 4 minimum being a game behind, and i with their up and down form they will struggle with that.

Hawks probably need to win 5, given how low their percentage is. I think they will finish Collingwood this weekend, but probably just fall short of finals.

I can see a lot of teams on being on 48 points. With our percentage we are no chance getting through with 12 wins, but if we managed to beat Richmond, the crows and one of the others we probably sneak in (melbourne game will probably be the most decisive).

Disclaimer: so i don't receive any of the same old replies about making finals not meaning shit because we will lose anyway. Yes, that is true.

Definitely seemed a bit too comfortable about losing yesterday for my liking, it is like he already knows he is safe until the end of the year so isn't on the edge week to week.

I'd like to think a loss to richmond would finish him off though, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back