Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the vibe like on radio after the game?

Living overseas I can't always get to listening the talk back after the games.

Will try and tune in to 5aa today (especially for Tredders) but I hope some of you call in and lay it out. 5aa don't take web based calls on air so I can't call

I listen to each game with the game on the TV and 5AA on because I can’t stand the commentary with the expectation of a few. The majority of callers were calling out the players, especially DBJ and Ken. It was not as hard as the Brisbane game, but the pressure was still on Ken. The worst caller was Barbara from West Lakes; she defended Ken to the hill and back. The best caller was George, who lambasted Ken.

Last edited:
Possibly. So where are these three wins coming from?
Not saying we will but i'm saying that 13 wins will probably be enough. Essendon, Melbourne, Collingwood & Port all have difficult runs home that they will all be lucky to win 3 out of 6. Dogs and Suns need to win 4 minimum being a game behind, and i with their up and down form they will struggle with that.

Hawks probably need to win 5, given how low their percentage is. I think they will finish Collingwood this weekend, but probably just fall short of finals.

I can see a lot of teams on being on 48 points. With our percentage we are no chance getting through with 12 wins, but if we managed to beat Richmond, the crows and one of the others we probably sneak in (melbourne game will probably be the most decisive).

Disclaimer: so i don't receive any of the same old replies about making finals not meaning shit because we will lose anyway. Yes, that is true.

Definitely seemed a bit too comfortable about losing yesterday for my liking, it is like he already knows he is safe until the end of the year so isn't on the edge week to week.

I'd like to think a loss to richmond would finish him off though, but i wouldn't bet on it.
He just doesn't care anymore because he's been advised his contract will end at the end of the year. He's done.

Possibly. So where are these three wins coming from?
Yeah I can't see 3 from anywhere.

Richmond we will beat.

After that, we could maybe pinch a showdown, but they've got us figured out and their game style is our kryptonite. Ultra flood, ultra pressure and hit us effectively on the counter, it's the Crows 1 wood. So that will be really tough.

So that leaves beating 1, possibly 2 of Melbourne at the G, beating Freo in Perth, beating Carlton in Melb, or beating Sydney (who've only lost 3 games, all by less than a goal) at home. It'd be a surprise if we plucked 1 from that lot.

We just aren't winning 3 amongst all that.

Last edited:
I think an absolute turd of a performance at home against Richmond could do it.

Come on boys!
I want an absolutely STEAMING reverse kanga Cleveland steamer Coprophilia connoisseurs delight

What was the vibe like on radio after the game?

Living overseas I can't always get to listening the talk back after the games.

Will try and tune in to 5aa today (especially for Tredders) but I hope some of you call in and lay it out. 5aa don't take web based calls on air so I can't call 😞

I listened for a little while and they had a lot of callers backed up, many angry with the coach and specific players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the club will move Hinkley on before the Melbourne game because they won't want the Hinkley stink attached to the Showdown.
LOL. Every time Hinkley shits on a plate, Koch thinks it's Swiss chocolate. Even if we lose every game up to the Showdown he's staying. Even if he again embarrasses the club in a Showdown after that, it'll be 'Well one week to go, can't sack him!'. The 'best' we can hope for is miss the finals, lose the Showdown, with Hinkley repeatedly booed to the point Koch and co. fear it'll make them look bad if he's there in 2025. Even that's only a small chance. Small silver lining, of having traded out of the draft it'll be hard to get in shiny new toys ('the missing piece') to distract from next year's results.

I was brimming with confidence a few weeks ago that he would barely see out the season. But now, after how relaxed he was in his press conference yesterday, I'm not so sure.

It does look like, the way he's acting that he's been told internally they have his back.

A win or two here and there, a concentrated media campaign defending him and blaming the players. Just missing out or just scraping in on finals, I could very much see Koch standing there on seven in late August saying they've looked at all the data and players and have backed him to respond next year.

If that's the case, stick a fork in me cause I am done!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was brimming with confidence a few weeks ago that he would barely see out the season. But now, after how relaxed he was in his press conference yesterday, I'm not so sure.

It does look like, the way he's acting that he's been told internally they have his back.

A win or two here and there, a concentrated media campaign defending him and blaming the players. Just missing out or just scraping in on finals, I could very much see Koch standing there on seven in late August saying they've looked at all the data and players and have backed him to respond next year.

If that's the case, stick a fork in me cause I am done!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think his casualness is because 'HE HAS' been told he's out the door.

They can't hand the keys to Carr and then expect he will just be coach next year because it is too close to the end now.

They have left themselves in a shitty position and making Ken just hang about means a cleaner break at the end of the season, or a couple of games left.

I think Ken's resigned to the fact he's gone and knows it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back