Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw some posts in your pregame thread about wanting someone to drive butters into the turf and making him leave on a stretcher. Plenty of likes and replies agreeing

Every team has idiot supporters.
yep massively. Anyway obviously I’m a bit salty I love rankine and don’t think he’s the offensive Rachelle type. Just confident.

I leave in peace port brethren.

The optics are terrible. Doesnt matter that he didnt hit his head. We all know this is an outcomes based thing. He bumped. He got knocked out. It will be at least 6 and up to our lawyer to argue it down

See what I meant earlier re the weather was we will be transported back to the 80’s with a good old fashioned shirt front.

At the ground it was electric - how this rivalry isn’t a stand alone fixture is crazy.

See what I meant earlier re the weather was we will be transported back to the 80’s with a good old fashioned shirt front.

At the ground it was electric - how this rivalry isn’t a stand alone fixture is crazy.
Last post on your thread because I agree so much, delivers the most intense games.

I was at crown Melbourne and obviously they had the saints cats with the sound on. Most there were crammed in corners watching the showdown.

Epic rivalry.

Crows fans love to pretend to be the moral center of Adelaide but they are just as bad as some of us on here.

"Take out butters" "Run through Aliir"

At the end of the day, no one wants to see a player on their team knocked out and you shouldn't want to see an oppo player knocked out.

Think fans of both teams have officially taken the sport too far with dribble like this

View attachment 2082829

View attachment 2082831

View attachment 2082833
Spot on.

I used to assume they are just pre-pubescent kids, but sadly I've seen grown adults with kids post and say stuff like this.

View attachment 2082832

Houston a split second before the collision.

His shoulder is clearly below chest height on Rankine.
If Rankine didn't go the duck he wouldn't have collided with his head.
He didn't go the duck, he landed after jumping.

Still don't think he got him high, but he didn't duck

I don't even know who we replace him with.

Burton is shiet.
Does DBJ go back (allows Narkle to start)?
Is Sinn ready at all?
Options available are:

• Sinn at HB
  • Williams at HB
  • Burgoyne down back with Sinn or Lorenz on Wing

Options that shouldn't be considered at all are:

• Burton at HB
  • DBJ at HB
  • My Grandpa at HB, although he might be more effective than Burton or DBJ

The optics are terrible. Doesnt matter that he didnt hit his head. We all know this is an outcomes based thing. He bumped. He got knocked out. It will be at least 6 and up to our lawyer to argue it down*Deliberately* not hitting the head results in something with terrible

So the optics of deliberately not hitting his head are so terrible they are Gaff incident deliberate 6 games minimum because Portireelevance multiplied by Port-rollover-ence? Seriously?

Houston gets multiple games purely on outcome, agreed. The uncontroversial current baseline of the rules. But in terms of things we may slightly be able to control, who gets sacked because our players get punished past “average” level nearly every bloody time? We are not seen as thugs or incompetents we are just seen as a bunch of patsies on so many levels.

We’ve clearly chosen not to tackle institutionalised umpiring bias at this time, I guess we’ve also chosen to back in those same current club people who have only ever reached mediocrity.

#%^* #%^* <expletives deleted>

If we win the flag Dan made the right choice…

At this point, considering tonight’s overall diabolical umpiring, your statement stands. Lines in fast setting concrete have surely been crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan is the fairest player going around, I don't think I've even seen him angry in a game.

Lapse in judgement in a fast-paced situation.

He will pay for it with a hefty suspension. There's no getting around it.

“Contact was made from Burton’s shoulder to the chest of Higgins,” Christian said.

“I think it’s really important to understand that he took reasonable care to execute the bump fairly.

“He couldn’t reasonably foresee that there was going to be an accidental clash of heads.

“It was unfortunate for Higgins, but I just want to emphasise that when we’re assessing incidents we look at the conduct first and foremost.”

The overlooked factor here is that the collision happened as Rankine collected the ball from another Crows player doing an uncontested double fist. The epitome of trash football and it's ended the season for 2 players.

If that player just takes an easy chest mark the Crows probably go onto win the game.

Another reason to scrap the touched rule. Who gives a **** if the ball is touched. Control it and you get paid a mark. Kick it between the big sticks and it’s a goal. Scrap the touched rule. It’s too hard to umpire and makes for negative footy particularly in defence when a bloke like the double fister should just try and take the mark.

1000012878.png

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...o/news-story/bc39d1d9917dcb3506a539a1eb6fa842

I went and did some digging into the MRO / Tribunal guidelines and the sanctions for Webster earlier this year.

I would've assumed since he chose to bump it would be deemed intentional. But apparently Webster's was deemed careless, maybe because it's a football act?

All of this quote
"This incident was entirely avoidable. Webster launched into a relatively defenceless Simpkin. He had time to consider his alternatives. The impact was violent and the consequences for Simpkin were heavy. Nonetheless, the offence was graded careless."
could and probably would be applied to Houston's action. So I reckon you tick off careless and severe.

Maybe it's possible to argue it's body contact? I don't think so though, given Rankine appears out before he hits the ground. That being said, Looking at Houston's compared to Webster's, the ball is closer by the time Houston bumps and he stays on the ground with no stray elbows. It doesn't even draw a free. So even though I reckon it'll be considered head high I reckon they'll be able to argue it deserves less weeks than Webster's.

I reckon it shakes out at 6 but I could see a world where it gets down to 4 or 5. Can't see it getting any lower, but can't see it getting equal to or higher than Webster's 7.

But who knows

Haha are the crows ********* in here going to act like they never celebrated a Ricciuto bump back in the day. Sod off losers.
Ricciuto hanging our blokes on commentary eh what a world.

ADGIWQ.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back