Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only do we butcher it, but the decision making is just laughable.

Taking on 10 meter kicks into congestion and wondering why you get scored on against turn over when you miss the target.

As for the game plan, what moron decided that chipping it wide in the back half and then kicking sky balls to the wing was going to work against a taller side.

****ing numpties!
That game plan HAD to be the directive. Was very very strange though.

That game plan HAD to be the directive. Was very very strange though.
No.

We attacked the corridor at will in the first quarter. The doggies were caught napping early. I genuinely thought we could perhaps give them a rough day.

Unfortunately, the players did it to themselves as opposed to the Dogs players.

Our 1st Q vs Freo and 1st half vs Coll are proof we are on the right track. It’s turning. Just gotta keep pumping games into the kids. Beating the Suns in round 24 last year was important. The AFL warned us not to tank, plus the win gave the guys nourishment, and set up a winning culture. We got to sing the song. Harley who? I’m happy with Duursma. He’ll be better than Reid. And Kane Cornes was so wrong about the mass exodus, we’ve signed and sealed all our top players. The fact that all of those we re-signed are B to C Graders didn’t seem to matter. We are just thrilled they stayed. I’m not concerned about our defence. We’ve got Biggy and Pink, plus the luxury of throwing Chom back if needed. The rot goes on and on and on.

Our list is an absolute mess. One classy ball user (Sheezel), 2 max (McKercher?) on our list despite access to multiple top 10 picks. No quality small forwards. A plethora of small poorly skilled, average paced mids. Co-captains that are on fumes but get the gig because they’re good blokes. A coach on mega bucks who is nearing half way through his contract and has been totally underwhelming. How? Why? It’s dead set infuriating.

I feel for our 20 to 30 year old supporters. They’ve seen so little success that any slim shred of positivity is fluffed up into raging success and optimism. The fact that anyone aged under 30 years of age still supports this club is amazing in itself. You guys deserve an apology from the club. Not a plea for patience and an empty promise that it will turn. This club has become that girl the cheats on ya. She promises it will never happen again. You forgive her, take her back. And just when you trust her again, she’s out the back of the barn shed up to her old tricks. But you can’t help yourself, you keep taking her back, hoping that this time, it’ll be different. But a month later you look back and ask “what was I thinking?”……

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I most likely won’t see us play in another GF in my lifetime. But the 90’s were a blast. The club brought its supporters so much joy for a decade. It was a great ride. I’d love access to a Time Machine and go back to 1993 and do that 7 years again.

Over and out.

Last edited:
So crook, what message is Clarko trying to send to any of the young players trying to get a game, while he continues to gift players like McDonald games off the back that they are a ‘leader of the club….’

Earlier this year Hawthorn leaders stood up and told everyone to bring their mouthguards to training, that they’d had enough of losing. Where the f**k are our leaders doing the same?

Bunch of pussies. We seen what happened against Sydney when we decided to go head2head against a strong midfield, we got pantsed out of the guts and our defenders couldn’t think quick enough to react to the ball coming in. Same shit today, I hope Clarko has a plan for next year with Shiels likely to retire and WP over at Essendon playing regular games in his natural position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I counted 4 goals from turnover in the first quarter alone.

That shouldn't happen.
Really, really simple but dumb mistakes as well.

Comben must have contributed directly to two goals with his mistakes before injury.

Simpkin pretty ordinary giving up opposition scores.

Dropped marks, handballs directly to opposition, and my favourite (an old chestnut) 50 metre dump kicks to a pack of western bulldogs on the wing who have on average 3-6 inches on our own players.

If it wasn’t for X in the first quarter, we may not have kicked a goal.

Worst team ever in the AFL era. Probably even before that… I can’t be certain, I wasn’t born yet.
The hyperbole around here is a bit much. Richmond have won two games this year and West Coast are currently losing (at home) to half a Carlton side.

(Which is not to excuse today. Worst we've played all year and we should have lost by more).

The hyperbole around here is a bit much. Richmond have won two games this year and West Coast are currently losing (at home) to half a Carlton side.

(Which is not to excuse today. Worst we've played all year and we should have lost by more).

We have statistically been one of if not the worst team in AFL history over the past 5 years though? It's not hyperbole but actual fact

Yes it’s somewhat overstated. We’ve been mostly bad for such a long time, though. West Coast won a flag not long before our current dip started, and Tigers won two of their last three in our current down time. The exhausting persistence of disappointing seasons one after another is something very few teams have matched.

Writing has been on the wall last 3 weeks. Should have lost to Richmond, played 2 quarters vs eagles who are losing to Carlton vfl side at the moment.

Very disappointing end to the year and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Next week a statement needs to be made at selection. See what the kids/untried/ blokes fighting for a contract can do at AFL level vs a quality side.

Achieving 0 rolling out the same 8-9 below average players and getting the same results.

Comben injury and a few others banged up + Sheezel out makes life difficult however should never be losing by 15 goals to a side we got within 3 goals less then 8 weeks ago.

Our 1st Q vs Freo and 1st half vs Coll are proof we are on the right track. It’s turning. Just gotta keep pumping games into the kids. Beating the Suns in round 24 last year was important. The AFL warned us not to tank, plus the win gave the guys nourishment, and set up a winning culture. We got to sing the song. Harley who? I’m happy with Duursma. He’ll be better than Reid. And Kane Cornes was so wrong about the mass exodus, we’ve signed and sealed all our top players. The fact that all of those we re-signed are B to C Graders didn’t seem to matter. We are just thrilled they stayed. I’m not concerned about our defence. We’ve got Biggy and Pink, plus the luxury of throwing Chom back if needed. The rot goes on and on and on.

Our list is an absolute mess. One classy ball user (Sheezel), 2 max (McKercher?) on our list despite access to multiple top 10 picks. No quality small forwards. A plethora of small poorly skilled, average paced mids. Co-captains that are on fumes but get the gig because they’re good blokes. A coach on mega bucks who is nearing half way through his contract and has been totally underwhelming. How? Why? It’s dead set infuriating.

I feel for our 20 to 30 year old supporters. They’ve seen so little success that any slim shred of positivity is fluffed up into raging success and optimism. The fact that anyone aged under 30 years of age still supports this club is amazing in itself. You guys deserve an apology from the club. Not a plea for patience and an empty promise that it will turn. This club has become that girl the cheats on ya. She promises it will never happen again. You forgive her, take her back. And just when you trust her again, she’s out the back of the barn shed up to her old tricks. But you can’t help yourself, you keep taking her back, hoping that this time, it’ll be different. But a month later you look back and ask “what was I thinking?”……

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I most likely won’t see us play in another GF in my lifetime. But the 90’s were a blast. The club brought its supporters so much joy for a decade. It was a great ride. I’d love access to a Time Machine and go back to 1993 and do that 7 years again.

Over and out.
Sad but true

What hyperbole? 5 years of this shit.

Tigers coming off dominate era and WC will be contending before long because that is what they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back