Toast Round 24 = Melbourne 57-103 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

As Richo just pointed out, if we hadn't given up the last scores against Freo (thanks to the umpire!) and Essendon, we'd be in the eight. ☹️

Nevertheless, I'm so proud of our boys and thankful for all they gave to us this season. Billy MOTY and Nick GO T Y.

Tonight's win and the contribution of Allan and Parker made me very optimistic for next year and I can cope with a stress-free final series 😉

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Great to always finish off the season with a win.
Disappointing to miss finals but l like what l saw tonight, particularly from Allan. He looks an absolute beauty. I think the club have held him back, to really develop his game at VFL level, and l think it has worked.
Parker, l really liked. He looked more comfortable as the game went on, and l think will be a regular in the back six next season.
Richards, l really hope he stays. If he does, he will be a regular senior player for us. Just looks so well balanced, and would love to see what he could produce in a full season. If he leaves, we definitely need to get a good deal out of it. His upside is huge.
Dean played well, and l really think he has a big part to play in 2025. He has the scope to hold down a defensive post for us at senior level.
Macrae did very well when he came on. The club has a tough decision to make with Fin.

Hopefully the Saints can win by 140 pts!!

Last edited:
Thanks to bizarre free kick against Schultz in draw vs Freo and losing against Sydney in the last 10 mins
Sydney loss was especially costly in the end. Had them and let it go.

Biggest issue was the 4 losses in a row after the bye. Just never seemed likely after that. We’ve actually exceeded my expectations to beat Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne out of the last 4 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Allan: 21 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 clearances and a goal.
Great game from him, and only the start.
Parker will be excellent with a full preseason under his belt.
It was great to bury Melbourne.
At least we finished the season off in style.
2nd highest ranked player on the ground.
Quite a feat considering Daicos x 2 40 possie games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 24 = Melbourne 57-103 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back