Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We were within the width of a bee’s dick of one of the greatest victories that I’ve witnessed as a Carlton supporter.

St Kilda should have pantsed us today with the ‘talent’ they had on the park. I think they thought a few times that they’d broken us but we just kept coming.

Today was an example of what I love about Australian Rules footy. Sure the stars shine but when the team decides it’s time to take collective responsibility then anything is possible.

The footy gods smiled on us today but we absolutely deserve the opportunity in front of us.

Go Blues!

In the ‘nine things we learned’ column for Round Nine. Jack Higgins’s most effective and accurate goal kicking technique is a one meter suspended 270% pirouette defying gravity and rotational inertia spatial disorientation error from a chaotic and rapidly devolving tornado of a pack.

You couldn’t ask anymore of the boys who stood up and fought it out til the very end, against the odds with a massive injury list we managed to stick with them for the game, disappointing to lose in the final 20 seconds…
Found another player tonight in Binns, had a wonderful impact in close and linking up…
We’re in the finals, up to Brisbane, should get a handful of the boys back, liked the way we applied our ball movement more fluently when we had the chance, pressure and press was at a much higher standard, we’ve got some good kids coming through 👍

Today's loss is definitely easier to take knowing we've stuck into finals..even better that the Pies finished 9th.

Add even 1 experienced player from our extensive injury list and the game goes our way IMO.

Super proud of the efforts of the boys today but a few standards for me:

• George. NEVER drop him again
  • Ollie. Been very good these last 2 weeks, and will get better with a big off season on the weights.
  • Binns. Showed plenty.
  • Moir. Has something special about him.

In the ‘nine things we learned’ column for Round Nine. Jack Higgins’s most effective and accurate goal kicking technique is a one meter suspended 270% pirouette defying gravity and rotational inertia spatial disorientation error from a chaotic and rapidly devolving tornado of a pack.
Good try but you cannot rain on my parade. They should have added a tenth. Carlton is playing finals baby.

Shit off scumbag.

No one here really cares about Jack whatever his name is 🙄

Enjoy your Mad Monday!

IMG_1037.jpeg

Would have been even better if he kicked it with his foot instead of his arse.

Today's loss is definitely easier to take knowing we've stuck into finals..even better that the Pies finished 9th.

Add even 1 experienced player from our extensive injury list and the game goes our way IMO.

Super proud of the efforts of the boys today but a few standards for me:

• George. NEVER drop him again
  • Ollie. Been very good these last 2 weeks, and will get better with a big off season on the weights.
  • Binns. Showed plenty.
  • Moir. Has something special about him.
You forgot Lord.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else hear their "Mason Wood" chant today? They were chanting in the same way the filth chant that long drawn out Collingwood... pack of imbeciles...

Re: Binns

Question mark on him was size and ball use. I reckon he has handled the step up well. His ball use has been better than at VFL level and he doesn’t shirk a contest

Needs another pre season but lot to like 👍
Watched a lot of him in the 2s, and while very slight, never thought it was an issue at that level, and didn't agree with the assertion he'd struggle with it at the next level.

Speed probably my main concern but he's adjusted really well with his workrate and ball use. He played the wing role brilliantly and with discipline in the 2s, and showing the same at AFL level.

Last fortnight, Ollie looks every bit a half back flanker. Love his run and tenacity, and he does much better with more time and space. Always presenting an option too. Binns wing, Ollie half back might be the way to go next season.

Watched a lot of him in the 2s, and while very slight, never thought it was an issue at that level, and didn't agree with the assertion he'd struggle with it at the next level.

Speed probably my main concern but he's adjusted really well with his workrate and ball use. He played the wing role brilliantly and with discipline in the 2s, and showing the same at AFL level.

Last fortnight, Ollie looks every bit a half back flanker. Love his run and tenacity, and he does much better with more time and space. Always presenting an option too. Binns wing, Ollie half back might be the way to go next season.
Ollie playing at half back reminds me of Nic Martin. Although I think Martin’s a bit overrated, his biggest strength is his line breaking run and ball use, and Ollie has both of them in spades. He could be a real weapon for this team in coming years

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back