Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence buttox but if we traded 2 for 6 and 13 we should be investigated by ASIC.
I really don't think there is much difference between the players we would get at 2 vs 6.
There is no out and out guns.
Manoeuvring our picks to a spot in the draft we can get the best players in the draft we actually need is good business.
Armstrong the best Kpf
Berry the best small forward.
After that it's just gravy.
Feck taking another kid mid. Time to invest some capital in areas of need.

No offence King Corey but I suspect you're imagining standout high end midfield talent is available to us
Touche.

I think 2 for 6 and 13 would be a poor return. Hopefully the club share this view.

Bring 13 back to a top 10 selection and it changes things a little bit.

Statistically the top 3 are standouts in the long run. There's no reason this draft will break from the pattern when we all look back.

Touche.

I think 2 for 6 and 13 would be a poor return. Hopefully the club share this view.

Statistically the top 3 are standouts in the long run. There's no reason this draft will break from the pattern when we all look back.
All good mate I don't mind you disagreeing.
I just doubt anyone offers 2 X top 10 with the top 10 all being at a similar level

From a sheer probability perspective, maybe.

But unless you think draft work is a complete crapshoot, I reckon you have to place confidence in either identifying stand-out talent, or, when its not available, multiplying your chances at landing elite talent.

And there is clearly no standout talent at the top of this draft. So its different to recent years.

Look at last year's draft. Once you take Reid and Kerch out of the equation - both showed more than any of this current draft's leaders - I'd rather take two players of any of these players than any single one.

1725362769717.png

Who do you think in this draft crop has a decent shot at showing the promise of Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and TT?

Cause based on this year's highlights, I can't see them.

Are you guys sure you aren't imagining a standout elite midfielder that - on the basis of this year's form - doesn't exist this draft?
A few have mentioned Hotton a while back, but of course did his ACL. If and its a big IF we turned #2 into picks 6 and 9, I'd quite like the thought of taking Armstrong and Trainor, and hoping Hotton (perhaps unlikely) slides to our second rounder the way Brayden George did. Seems unlikely but not out of the question.

I actually don’t care what we do with our pick 2. It’s not a rant but more or less just the truth m.

We’ve had pick 3 who leaves us with more questions than answers. Pick one, a generational talent and lost him a year later.

Bounced back with the princes who were promised with Wardlaw and Sheezel. Pick 2 and 3 in sonic and a mercurial half forward.

We’ve been really only able to unleash one and half of those and see their ability from year one, in Sheezel and Kercher.

But we have still ****ing sucked so badly and it leaves massive question marks if we even have the ability to develop high draft picks who are clearly talented enough.

So I don’t mind, split it and get trainor who probably is too small for our KPD needs, pick the best mid in Draper who would suit us the most - do whatever 🤷‍♀️

A few have mentioned Hotton a while back, but of course did his ACL. If and its a big IF we turned #2 into picks 6 and 9, I'd quite like the thought of taking Armstrong and Trainor, and hoping Hotton (perhaps unlikely) slides to our second rounder the way Brayden George did. Seems unlikely but not out of the question.
Trainor is a trap imo.
Not key defender size. Will end up tall flanker at best.

Touche.

They can throw in Rosas

We take Trainor or Armstrong and then Gman. We're all set for key positions for 10 years and add serious wheels to the fwd line

I actually don’t care what we do with our pick 2. It’s not a rant but more or less just the truth m.

We’ve had pick 3 who leaves us with more questions than answers. Pick one, a generational talent and lost him a year later.

Bounced back with the princes who were promised with Wardlaw and Sheezel. Pick 2 and 3 in sonic and a mercurial half forward.

We’ve been really only able to unleash one and half of those and see their ability from year one, in Sheezel and Kercher.

But we have still ****ing sucked so badly and it leaves massive question marks if we even have the ability to develop high draft picks who are clearly talented enough.

So I don’t mind, split it and get trainor who probably is too small for our KPD needs, pick the best mid in Draper who would suit us the most - do whatever 🤷‍♀️
It's not as bad as all that. Our big mistakes are behind us. A bit of experience coming in and actually draft some kpfs and small forwards will balance our list a heap.
We are finally on the mend. This year had to happen we lost so much leadership. But we have had plenty of guys improve
It's time for a bit more optimism.

I’d only be considering trading 2 if we could say with a level of certainty that we land Trainor & Armstrong. Would require 6 & 10ish, which is a premium yet I’m still not convinced it’s the right call.

Pick 2 is an elite tier with Smith, FOS & Draper. Trading out of that elite tier requires something elite in return. I wouldn’t want to end up in a situation where we trade away the rights to a Sheezel for a Ginbey and a Hewett, as much as some on here think it’s a brilliant idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d only be considering trading 2 if we could say with a level of certainty that we land Trainor & Armstrong. Would require 6 & 10ish, which is a premium yet I’m still not convinced it’s the right call.

Pick 2 is an elite tier with Smith, FOS & Draper. Trading out of that elite tier requires something elite in return. I wouldn’t want to end up in a situation where we trade away the rights to a Sheezel for a Ginbey and a Hewett, as much as some on here think it’s a brilliant idea.
There is no Sheezel, that's the problem.

I just realised Gerreyn already weighs more than any of our current players aside from our rucks and Logue.

I knew he was a beefcake, but wow.
I almost consider him like a mature ager Kpf just due to his size. He could totally play round 1.
Big upgrade on pink.

I almost consider him like a mature ager Kpf just due to his size. He could totally play round 1.
Big upgrade on pink.
Saves us probably 1.2m on Darling for 2 years given he's on 800k next year. No need to worry about Membrey or other stop gap. Put that 1.2m towards Mac Andrew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back