Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to laugh. Chris Scott in his presser telling the rest of humanity how amazing his self awareness is. Please. His only self awareness is himself and the love of his own voice.
Credit to Geelong for manoeuvring the right people in power positions across the AFL and media landscapes to keep themselves up for so long. And they know it.
Thankyou Brisbane.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had to laugh. Chris Scott in his presser telling the rest of humanity how amazing his self awareness is. Please. His only self awareness is himself and the love of his own voice.
Credit to Geelong for manoeuvring the right people in power positions across the AFL and media landscapes to keep themselves up for so long. And they know it.
Thankyou Brisbane.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

That’s it for Geelong as well.
That list won’t contend again.

Worst midfield in the competition just about. Blicavs, Stanley, Dangerflog, Duncan all cooked and I reckon Stewart is heading that way as well.

Cameron brilliance gets them over the line a lot.

Neale is a donkey and their defence is mediocre at best.

Win games at their shit ground but won’t be around the mark for quite a while for mine
doesn't he want to play 2 more seasons?! :drunk:

I rather enjoyed Chris Scott's press conference.
I thought his head might explode when he was asked about Holmes "injury'.

We’ve only been saying this each year for the past 15 years.
1 flag since 2011 isn’t the worst result. I know they keep showing up but they’ve only won one flag since they had a seriously good team. 2022 was annoying because they weren’t such a good list but it was a matter of continually showing up. Another way of looking at it is that their supporters have to keep going through the pain of continually losing prelims and grand finals. Not sure which is worse 🤷‍♂️

1 flag since 2011 isn’t the worst result. I know they keep showing up but they’ve only won one flag since they had a seriously good team. 2022 was annoying because they weren’t such a good list but it was a matter of continually showing up. Another way of looking at it is that their supporters have to keep going through the pain of continually losing prelims and grand finals. Not sure which is worse 🤷‍♂️
Yep, they keep showing up and when no one else does they win one by default.
Annoying but fair play.

Does Shaun Mannagh still have two games to play?

I know Shaun personally.

Quite Amazingly, I played a fair bit of RESERVES footy with him.

Stoked for his personal growth and career trajectory.

HOWEVER, he plays for Geelong, and I'm beyond stoked that the Lions got up!
End of year celebrations for my club tonight (with A and B grade netball winning premierships). Pub was pumping. Great atmosphere to watch such a close preliminary final.

Curious to know if Axeman heard the shenanigans from his new abode up this way....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a game style viewpoint there are fewer better teams to watch than the Lions when they are on. Very entertaining to watch.

Will be an interesting matchup next week, the fast quick ball movement of the Lions vs the more methodical and precise disposal style of the Swans.

Thankyou Brisbane.

When he said this:
"I'm at my worst here, but I've got the self awareness...when you've got self-awareness like I have here you say less."

I thought - this is the human height of w***ery. We may never see this again, to this level at least.

Peter Knights, Leigh Matthews, Luke Hodge and Fages. The Bears are basically Hawthorn’s love child.

Good to see them break the Cats hearts too
And Gunston, Birchall, Jordan Lisle, Brad Scott, Rodney Eade, Brandon Ryan, Andy Gowers, Peter Curran, Paul Abbott, Ken Judge, Michael McCarthy, Robert Mace, Rod Lester-Smith, and Robert Dixon

the fact Isaac Smith won the Norm Smith made it insufferable. Sad to have his legacy tainted

And Gunston, Birchall, Jordan Lisle, Brad Scott, Rodney Eade, Brandon Ryan, Andy Gowers, Peter Curran, Paul Abbott, Ken Judge, Michael McCarthy, Robert Mace, Rod Lester-Smith, and Robert Dixon
Robert Mace is a good one. Have never heard of him!
Edit: Also did Abbott play for Brisbane, or only Fitzroy? Bloody great player for us.

Last edited:
My respect for Neale has gone up two fold! What an effort considering the ankle injury he's been carrying.
Btw, what a freebie Ashcroft is. Future Brownlow, AA, captain etc.. etc.. coming in after a ACL and hasn't missed a beat. He'll in time get even better.
Wait...there is another

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back