Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Always interesting to stroll through the other boards this time of year. Magpie supporters particularly bitter this season, followed by the usual across the board 'gifted everything' comments. Ironically I think they've not mentioned the Lions once in the same sentence who also have an academy.
Just OOI, do the Lions have many Academy products in their squad?

Just OOI, do the Lions have many Academy products in their squad?
Just Hipwood and Andrews of note. Although Andrews was pick 61 so they could’ve easily gotten him anyway

They’ve done really well with Father-sons though with Ashcroft and Fletcher (so well that our eligible father-sons Dunkley and Daniher play for them lol)

Have we had the longest uninterrupted season by any team ever? We played Opening Night. We're at the Big Dance. And the season included 3 byes (opening, mid-season and pre-finals). I know the Covid interrupted season went longer, and for all I know some war-interrupted season last century went longer too. But with those exceptions aside...?

There's a satisfying symmetry in bookending both ends of the season.

Have we had the longest uninterrupted season by any team ever? We played Opening Night. We're at the Big Dance. And the season included 3 byes (opening, mid-season and pre-finals). I know the Covid interrupted season went longer, and for all I know some war-interrupted season last century went longer too. But with those exceptions aside...?

Just as long as we bookmark it with wins at both ends please! The symmetry then would be fabulous!

Wow seems all the media are on the Lions. Which is good for us - like 2012, no one thought we’d have a chance. Saturday can’t come soon enough. Not watching the Brownlow, I’d be filthy if Isaac wins (and how he was wrongly rubbed out) but it’s going to be Naicos which pisses me off even more.

Last edited:

According to some facebook posts, the afl did everything to get these two teams here by given us opening round etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back