Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Queen Katy was 'Interesting'...... :$
Yes Yes Yes Nod GIF by FX Networks

A result of pressure. Sydney had no time with the ball and coughed it up a lot as a result.
Thought when Brisbane had the ball, even when the Swans chased and pressured as hard as they could, they just kept playing running and playing attacking footy, which allowed them to find easy options around the ground and I50. Good ball movement wins football games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Sloane voted on impact, not looking at stats.

That is how our group called it, and not one of us looked at stats.

Statwatcher v Footywatcher

Neale had a great game, but those three made the most impact.

Lions really had no passengers. Every player stood up when they had to. Only player you could suggest had an off day was Charlie. But even he did some good things, tackles and key contest wins.

There was no "Billy Frampton" in this Lions side.

You can see this Lions side winning a few flags because of the depth across all lines.

I wonder how much influence Stewy Dew had on Brisbane turning around its season.

Is it pure coincidence that Brisbaneā€™s fortunes started to change after he arrived at the club.

Maybe Dew not cut out to be a senior coach, maybe he should be more of a Leon Cameron type of role at a club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee, Sloane couldnā€™t find a vote for Neale in the norm smith voting
Gave
3 ashcroft
2 ah chee
1 lohman
He doesnt rate midfielders who get a lot of disposals

Lets see what happens at the Gold Jacket night

I wonder how much influence Stewy Dew had on Brisbane turning around its season.

Is it pure coincidence that Brisbaneā€™s fortunes started to change after he arrived at the club.

Maybe Dew not cut out to be a senior coach, maybe he should be more of a Leon Cameron type of role at a club

Trent Cotchin was also there

I think Dew is only in his mid 40's

I can easily see if he chooses to stay in the industry, him having another crack at a senior role in a few years time

Looks like Sloane voted on impact, not looking at stats.

That is how our group called it, and not one of us looked at stats.

Statwatcher v Footywatcher

Neale had a great game, but those three made the most impact.

Lions really had no passengers. Every player stood up when they had to. Only player you could suggest had an off day was Charlie. But even he did some good things, tackles and key contest wins.

There was no "Billy Frampton" in this Lions side.

You can see this Lions side winning a few flags because of the depth across all lines.
The 2 I had vying for norm smith were Neale and Ashcroft. I would have given it to Ashcroft.
Neale had a great game as well, 18 contested possessions, 11 score involvements, 86% disposal efficiency.

I thought Ah Chee, Ashcroft, Starcevich.

Neale was good in the first half when Sydney managed to fire a couple of shots but the foot was clearly bothering him.

Starcevich was outstanding in defence, and Ashcroft showed so much poise and composure for such a young kid. Roo, if one of your lads could be anywhere near that good.... all the last 7 years will be forgiven.

Ah Chee though, he slaughtered Blakey. When the game needed winning, it was he and Lohmann who won it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back