Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually don’t mind GCS forcing the issue with Houston. I also think he should nominate and stop all this piss-farting around.

Port can also come out and say that they’ll take Pick 13 provided it comes with another first round pick from this year’s draft, which we have but won’t trade, and which the Pies don’t have. But, if Houston has at least nominated then whatever Port wants they will only have one club to deal with.
What about North ?

Kennedy plays outside and inside. You can belittle posters with your final comment, as you like to do, but facts are, he is better outside than some of our existing mids. He has better skills, defensive mindset and hits the score board.

As I said - Dunkley and McGluggage are close to Kennedy's skill set, Neil and Ashcroft also have similar leg speed.
That is fact - now you can ignore if you like.
All 4 of those players are quicker and have more skill that Kennedy.
I see that you also spelt opinion wrong ...

You would have delisted Newman for Williamson
Rare effort for you to draw me out of radio silence. If I was privvy to the same information as the club, I might have made the same call as them, or at least brought in a different player (eg. Tom Murphy).

That's one call though, I've made plenty, including pre-draft calls that you are shockingly silent on. As usual.

I'm barely talking about output, I'm talking about his ability to cover territory, to burst from stoppage, and to wrestle with opponents.

He is a very crafty footballer, but his body and athletic output are not at the same level as the other players you've mentioned.

I love Chugga but he is 27 and gives me vibes that he could 'age' very quickly as he lacks pace as it is.

Let's just say we somehow get 13 and the deal being reported being our F1 + F2 is what gets it done.

We now have 12, 13 and 34. However, we somehow need to get back into next year's 1st or 2nd round to abide by AFL trading rules. If we turn 34 into a future 2nd what do we have to add to 13 to bring in Houston because that alone isn't sufficient.

Let's just say we somehow get 13 and the deal being reported being our F1 + F2 is what gets it done.

We now have 12, 13 and 34. However, we somehow need to get back into next year's 1st or 2nd round to abide by AFL trading rules. If we turn 34 into a future 2nd what do we have to add to 13 to bring in Houston because that alone isn't sufficient.
Well we can then not trade for Houston, and acquire a future 2nd or 3rd pick via what's happening with Kennedy and Owies.

If Gold Coast are locked in with Port and Collingwood though, I'd instead be chatting with Richmond and using Kennedy as part of a deal to deliver one of the picks they seem set to receive from Fremantle and Gold Coast.

Good question. Possibly use what we get for Kennedy/Owies?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually don’t mind GCS forcing the issue with Houston. I also think he should nominate and stop all this piss-farting around.

Port can also come out and say that they’ll take Pick 13 provided it comes with another first round pick from this year’s draft, which we have but won’t trade, and which the Pies don’t have. But, if Houston has at least nominated then whatever Port wants they will only have one club to deal with.
Its really not that hard

Nominate a club but say he is still happy to stay at Port if a deal cant be done. Why do they have to make it so hard.. he clearly would have a destination in his head not just anyone

And why was he given 2 years?

1 year + an option, standard for a bloke in his situation....
Fantasia was offered one year by Port and did a medical with the Giants. He was hardly likely to uproot his family and move interstate for the same length of contract. The most attractive part was that he was a DFA so no trade cost.

You could argue on his worth retrospectively but I think that he was recruited as a break in case of emergency small forward but ended up playing the high half forward role with Cotts injured a lot. Probably played more games than was in the original plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rare effort for you to draw me out of radio silence. If I was privvy to the same information as the club, I might have made the same call as them, or at least brought in a different player (eg. Tom Murphy).

That's one call though, I've made plenty, including pre-draft calls that you are shockingly silent on. As usual.

I think you make many great calls Jim, I enjoy reading your posts

If I was a GCS fan I would be seething. Shouldn't they just be trying to get the best deal for their club? Why are they concerned about helping whatever team Houston wants to go to?

You and I have touched on this before

It's not just about pick 13 for GC, they are also mindful of Noble and Lukosius trades

List management isn't about an individual deal, it's the sum of all parts

I remember seeing a stat at the end of the season showing we were the most efficient side in the league going inside 50 which was a real surprise to me
TBH, it's definitely not to me. BUT, with 2 Colman medalists in KPF roles, you'd expect better than that.
Not blaming them solely, because delivery is poor, but tbh so is their leading patterns (when they happen).

A good mid with reliable disposal should draw them into space.

Screw Port … throw 12 & 13 at Melbourne for Petracca !! 🤣🤣

I reckon that GCS news is the best news we could get. As I've said I'm not in the all in on Houston camp but that f**** over the Pies chase big time if he truly prefers us.

I think it all hinges on Kennedy and Carroll trades which would give us access to that extra bit of draft capital we'd need to get him without giving up our first pick.

Sort of hope it happens just so I can hang s*** on the Pies nuffs.

I reckon that GCS news is the best news we could get. As I've said I'm not in the all in on Houston camp but that f**** over the Pies chase big time if he truly prefers us.

I think it all hinges on Kennedy and Carroll trades which would give us access to that extra bit of draft capital we'd need to get him without giving up our first pick.

Sort of hope it happens just so I can hang s*** on the Pies nuffs.
I’ve already started hanging crap on my mate. Gee I hope it doesn’t backfire 😂

Owies, Kennedy, Young and Carroll all should find a home should find a home and land us some much sort after draft picks.
It will drag out that’s the frustrating part every club will try and snare them for close to zilch.
It may drag out, but we’ll be satisfied in the end , patience.
Owies will have to rethink he’s asking price, eventually he’ll come around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back