Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t most of the top draftees get scholarships for private schools? Especially in Melbourne?
yeh more and more are from top private schools.
over the years we saw a lot of these kids. my point is kids leave public schools and are happy to see their mates next at the 20 year reunion. private school kids stick together like glue post school. well thats what i've witnessed anyway.

Don't rate him, would rather others
Ok, cool. Nothing wrong with different opinions.

My view of the top few:
Lalor - didn't show as much this year as expected, mainly due to injury interrupted season. Aggressive bull who attacks the ball and man and hits the scoreboard. Powerful, high impact per possession, mid and forward.

FOS - didn't show as much this year as expected, mainly due to injury interrupted season. Classy ball user and good in the air. Smooth moving mid with high impact per possession, can rest forward with impact.

Draper - didn't show as much this year as expected, mainly due to injury interrupted season. Lightening quick and evasive, great leader. Not as clean by foot as other top prospects, but not as bad as some assert and always drives forward.

Smith - possibly best performed of all the top prospects. Big accumulator and really clean by hand and foot. Can be conservative with his possessions, limiting his impact.

Langford - possibly best performed of all the top prospects. Lacks natural pace, bit uses judgement to be as impactful on the outside as inside. Takes the game on and hits targets inside 50.

Any one of them makes us better.

Last edited:
No - I know what you are referring to - I'd hazard a guess I'm older than you.

Let's assume that you aren't full of it. That you were referring to Lost in Space.

Why?

What was the danger?

The player we lost from Geelong .... was Dangerfield.

Which other player have we lost that was from Geelong that would make you think there was a risk?
Players with links to Geelong are dangers to return no matter where they go - it's not an us thing, but it's worth considering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - I know what you are referring to - I'd hazard a guess I'm older than you.

Let's assume that you aren't full of it. That you were referring to Lost in Space.

Why?

What was the danger?

The player we lost from Geelong .... was Dangerfield.

Which other player have we lost that was from Geelong that would make you think there was a risk?
seriously wasnt even thinking dangerfield. there was no discussion of geelong the team other than the fact it was geelong grammar. my point had been about grammar schools and how close the kids are even after school as I have experience with this.

how old do you think i am?

seriously wasnt even thinking dangerfield. there was no discussion of geelong the team other than the fact it was geelong grammar. my point had been about grammar schools and how close the kids are even after school as I have experience with this.

how old do you think i am?
Ok - coincidence ... maybe showing my thinking more than yours.

Dunno how old you are, but you saying I wouldn't know what Lost in Space is made me think you were younger. I'm 52.

Was at the Hawk on Your Fork game.

Sat about here ... from 1991 until I moved out of SA.

View attachment 2136813
I was in a bloody pocket not seats like yours. I'm still in a bloody pocket but for different reasons now.

Yeh that was a great game and nothing like that to get addicted to the crows. The Essendon trial the week before was good too.

Was at the Hawk on Your Fork game.

Sat about here ... from 1991 until I moved out of SA.

View attachment 2136813
We were in the Southern forward pocket that's just been cut off from your pic. Right behind "Modra" in 1993 - "That is the mark of the year Robbo - no-one will beat that!".

The one where he played on - snapped and missed on the goal line?
No, the one vs North Melbourne when he sat on Archer's head, then goaled and led us to a 2pt comeback win.

Not the one where he played on and kicked the ball straight up in the air...

No, the one vs North Melbourne when he sat on Archer's head, then goaled and led us to a 2pt comeback win.

Not the one where he played on and kicked the ball straight up in the air...
My memory says they were both against North? One was with Archer punching hard and unable to break the vice grip .. was the other one over Mick Martin?

Last edited:
Sid found plenty of the footy and showcased his elite bust of pace and agility to dodge and weave around tacklers. He was typically fearless in his attack on the game, using his teammates for one two's and linking run to break through defensive lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back