List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

If it’s purely about list positions are we allowed to say the quiet part aloud?
Is the quiet bit - why the **** haven’t we paid out and booted Fantasia & kept Carroll if it’s about list spots?

It could be we just let him go to somewhere else where he’s more likely to get a game

Our B&F disagrees with "none of our top dozen."

Availability is paramount. The club said this ar the conclusion of the season. On a per game basis Kennedy may not have been "top dozen" but overall finished tenth.

I'd love to know who we're replacing our depth with .

It's gone from a strength to a question mark.

We had players down for various reasons including injury, but I'd have Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay, TDK, Newman, Weitering, Saad, McGovern, Cerra, Acres, Docherty ahead of Chugga, but sure, it is all opinion, and maybe I could have said top 8/9/10, but I really just mean our A grade players (by pedigree or talent, not necessarily 2024 form).

I love Kennedy and I defended him at every turn. Consistent, honest footballer with some strong traits. The one paced midfield was part of the reason we failed in the end, and Kennedy left to play midfield more often.

Is the quiet bit - why the **** haven’t we paid out and booted Fantasia & kept Carroll if it’s about list spots?

It could be we just let him go to somewhere else where he’s more likely to get a game

100% he is leaving to get more games elsewhere, just like Kennedy did. If he gets picked up as a DFA, we can be proud of the club looking after players' welfare.

This is spot on 👆

We moved on good players who played their roll well. Owies and Kennedy and replaced them with nothing?

We haven't addressed our lack of speed across the ground yet we lost very handy solid players. Our only gain is Haynes.
This replaced them with nothing line is beyond disingenuous

Jack Carroll is a confusing one. Pick 41 four years back, 20-odd games and most of the this year. What has he not done? Or why are we NOW convinced he can’t do it?

That’s what the sort of pick we got Kennedy for buys you. Feels like we delist a hell of a lot of our second and third rounders after getting exactly **** all out of them.
Carrol is the definition of a Vanilla footballer & that will not win premierships

^ 1000% this. Voss’ unashamed jobs for mates has got to be undermining our culture. Not just his blatant reluctance to admit a failed experiment, but also cutting a healthy player with potential. Crippas Home State mate also. Shithouse.

It was Jack Carroll for some.

No great P.O.D to remain but likely a VFL footballer in ‘25 and we don’t wish to be paying mid-tier contracts for those players.
Kennedy, J.Carroll, Martin, Marchy, DC, Owies = lower budget replacements incoming.

^ 1000% this. Voss’ unashamed jobs for mates has got to be undermining our culture. Not just his blatant reluctance to admit a failed experiment, but also cutting a healthy player with potential. Crippas Home State mate also. Shithouse.
What’s the difference between Voss giving “jobs for mates” and keeping a player on because he’s mates with the captain in your mind?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of rubbish. They play completely different positions.

Fantasia was offered another year by Port Adelaide. He did a medical at the giants. We offered him two years as a delisted free agent (as did the giants supposedly) as a DFA who cost us nothing to trade because we asked him to uproot his family snd move interstate. He would be on a basic contract.

He played more games as a high half forward than we would have liked due to Cottrells injuries. Hopefully he can have a year at being a small forward and seeing how he goes and playing the odd senior game here and there.

It's no secret that we are drafting a mid at #3 and Ben Camporeale. We have high hopes for Cooper Lotd who we took in last year's mid season draft. Refreshing the bottom edges of our midfield is why we are looking at Pick 3. Ben Camporeale and Cooper Lord and have let Matthew Kennedy and Jack carroll go.

Our culture would already be pretty poor if you believe that our players have a mindset of "I'm upset because we cut a player from the same state as Crippa"

Outs (Senior)
Marchbank
Cuningham
Martin
Owies
Kennedy
J Carroll

Ins (Senior)
Haynes

Outs (Rookies)
Mirkov
Akuie
S Durdin *
M Caroll *

* ‘Train on’ / Supplemental list opportunity

So a net 5 senior list positions and 4 rookie list positions.
Or 4 and 5 respectively with Boyd elevation.

I wonder if we are considering taking a DFA.

Newman. Weitering. Boyd.
Saad. McGovern. Cowan.
Acres. Cripps. O Hollands.
E Hollands. McKay. Williams.
Motlop. Curnow. Moir.
R. TDK. Walsh. Cerra.
I. Hewett. Docherty. Haynes. Kemp.

Depth.

Fantasia. C Durdin. Binns. Pittonett. Lemmey. Young. Wilson. Cincotta. Cottrell. Silvagni. Fogarty.

(Rookies) Lord. O’Keeffe. Monahan.

Draft picks

Must be depth thread something something …

LDU / Ed Richards please next year free agents.Exactly the types we need.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 2017 draft trauma is real

Let me take you back to 2014, the single worst draft/trade/recruitment period by any club in the history of the league.

Traded out Pick 7 & 19 for Kristian Jaksch and Mark Whiley

Pick 19 - Blaine Boekhurst
Pick 28 - Dillon Vojo-Rainbow
Pick 60 - Clem Smith
Pick 63 - Jayden Foster
PSD - Jason Tutt
Rookie draft - Billy Gowers, Brad Walsh, Tom Fields, Fraser Russell
Delisted free agent - Matthew Dick

Only positive was Liam Jones for Pick 46.

Let me take you back to 2014, the single worst draft/trade/recruitment period by any club in the history of the league.

Traded out Pick 7 & 19 for Kristian Jaksch and Mark Whiley

Pick 19 - Blaine Boekhurst
Pick 28 - Dillon Vojo-Rainbow
Pick 60 - Clem Smith
Pick 63 - Jayden Foster
PSD - Jason Tutt
Rookie draft - Billy Gowers, Brad Walsh, Tom Fields, Fraser Russell
Delisted free agent - Matthew Dick

Only positive was Liam Jones for Pick 46.

We traded pick 7 for pick 19 + Jaksch and Whiley.

I remember the reasoning at the time from Shane Rogers was that we wanted a presence in the first round still, while bringing in KP/midfield talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back