Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Does Lecca call it quits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Big respect to the little champ!
Won't be quite the same without the cheeky Frenchy in the front pocket?
May he happily fish demersals forever more!

"“Every West Coast fan probably felt something a little special for him when he was finally presented with his premiership medallion.
No one was more deserving...."
“He is a life member, a Club Champion, all-Australian and twice was our leading goal-kicker. He has been an elite performer,
but more than that, an important part of the West Coast Eagles fabric..."

"He was a star; one of the club’s greats..."

Last edited:
Awesome career! Feels like the team is really starting to change, one of the last few who were on the list during the Judd/Cousins era.

I'm surprised he decided to pull the pin but I think it's for the good of the team and probably what's right for his family.

Glad the club gave him the respect to leave it up to him.

One of the classiest players to play for our club. Averages over two goals a game even with a couple of years playing a lot of time in the midfield. Champion who will be harder to replace than many think. All the best in your retirement Mark.

Brilliant career. Man, he was such a shining light in the dark years, just about all we had going for us at one stage.

He was looking cooked last year. Everyone was saying he should retire. But he held on and played his best season in a few years in a rejuvenated forward line. Then, you campaigners know what happened next.

Oh man

Got the notification from the AFL app. I did indeed gasp

So happy that he fit got to go out on the highest note possible for a AFL player

Take care Fenchy, thankyou for the wonderful memories.

Enjoy the fishing!

Time to go. Like Priddis it should be a decision for the team. Some youngsters will be suppressed if he stays.

Can someone please correct me. LeCras kicked most of West Perth’s score one Saturday in his early days yet didn’t get a West Coast game the following week. A real champ that hung in there and ended up rivalling Phil Matera

I think he kicked 8.5 and 7.7 in successive weeks, racking up 25+ disposals in the process. Had to wait for a WCE call-up, and was dropped again after Craig Bolton monstered him in the first final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolute superstar who called it at the right time. Was the best thing at the footy club in a terribly dark period. I got to enjoy watching him as one of the best standalone forwards in footy, then one of the most dangerous forward pairings in footy. It didn’t matter who you put on Lec in his prime - tall, short, fast, strong, he just towelled people up.

Forced to play midfield for a while because he was heads and shoulder above the other players on our list. All class, one of the best set shots in footy.

Enjoy the flag, enjoy retirement, go catch some fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my all time favourites. Sad to see him go but he finished on such a high! Thanks for the memories.

Also excited by the opportunity it leaves for a Waterman, Petrol, Allen, Brander or Brayshaw!!!

Does he still have the record for most goals kicked at Etihad, by the way?

ecdd3dadb331b40e154b8714ce3c5140.png

Sure does, and is the only non-Vic even on the table.

Right in the feels.

What a servant of the club. What a record, that stands equal to any of the premier small forwards of his era.

Sticking it right up anyone who has called him selfish throughout his career by gracefully bowing out when we have quality youth knocking on the door of opportunity.

Mark LeCras, you beautiful bastard, it was a privilege to watch you run out for us. Super stoked you went out with a flag as a fitting end to a great career.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Back